Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Dwarf Paladin mounts

There seems to be two Ram Paladin mounts in the new build.

Anyone know if it's one for Dark Iron and one for other Dwarves? Or is it one Dark Iron Paladin and one racial mount?

The black version seems to be the mount you get for unlocking Dark Iron.

The golden version is a reskin of that mount that they will give to Dwarf paladins, and subsequently Dark Iron paladins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

The golden version is a reskin of that mount that they will give to Dwarf paladins, and subsequently Dark Iron paladins.
    Ah, makes sense they would share the same mount for the Paladin.

Been wondering why the Dwarf Paladin didn't have a Golden Ram anyways.... can't wait for this!!

They are both labled "paladin" mounts. Allied race mounts and Paladin mounts have all been unique so far, I don't see Blizzard suddenly deciding to cop out with mere reskins for Dark Irons.

The golden one will be for regular dwarf paladins, and the dark one will be for Dark Iron paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Been wondering why the Dwarf Paladin didn't have a Golden Ram anyways.... can't wait for this!!
    I believe that it was because lore-wise Dwarf paladins came from the human order, so they used the same mount (the truth is probably Blizz didn't feel like devoting resources for Dwarf Pala mount).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They are both labled "paladin" mounts. Allied race mounts and Paladin mounts have all been unique so far, I don't see Blizzard suddenly deciding to cop out with mere reskins for Dark Irons.

The golden one will be for regular dwarf paladins, and the dark one will be for Dark Iron paladins.
    The Lightforged draenei mount would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by chr2 View Post
    The Lightforged draenei mount would like a word with you.
    Regardless, they're not going to use the same mount for both the Dark Iron racial mount and the Dwarf paladin mount.

Pretty much this.

Would be more interesting if the Dark Iron Dwarves got a unique racial mount instead of a ram, I dont remember seeing any riding rams in the past but I might be forgetting.

the original reasoning for that is because dwarves learned to be paladins from humans. they were given their powers in the order of the silverhand.

the charger is the mount of the silverhand, so it's always been ok with me that dwarves didn't have a holy goat.

if dark iron paladins get their own holy goat, they need to give lightforged paladins their own holy talbuk or panthara. it's not fair that they're stuck using literally every other alliance paladin mount.

but lightforged do have their own mount that's on par with the spacegoat paladin mount... its why I found it odd that there wasn't a ram charger... Belfs got their own version, squidfaces got their own version as do humans and little stocky dwarves were riding massive chargers. I understand the lore reason behind it but it just looked odd.. now I just wish blizzard would make spells and spell animations unique to different race/class combos.

but lightforged do have their own mount that's on par with the spacegoat paladin mount... its why I found it odd that there wasn't a ram charger... Belfs got their own version, squidfaces got their own version as do humans and little stocky dwarves were riding massive chargers. I understand the lore reason behind it but it just looked odd.. now I just wish blizzard would make spells and spell animations unique to different race/class combos.
    lightforged do not have their own paladin mount. they have the felcrusher, which is used by non-paladins too.

LF paladins shouldn't summon a holy elekk either, they weren't exposed to elekk in the same way exodar draenei were. they should summon talbuk or panthara, since they never got very far from argus.

Paladin are mounts are linked to the order the paladin comes from.

Knights of the Silver Hand have blue-silver Charger.
    Blood Knights have red-black Charger.
    Draenei Vindicators have their Elekk.
    And Tauren Sunwalkers have their Kodo.

Dwarven Paladins don't have their own distinct order. They were part of the original Silver Hand alongside humans and used the same mount as them.

They are both labled "paladin" mounts. Allied race mounts and Paladin mounts have all been unique so far.
    Bullshit. The only allied paladin so far (LFD) shares a mount. There is NO unique allied paladin mount.

The Dark Iron mount is unlocked by recruiting them. Their paladins share the same new mount as their regular dwarf cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    I believe that it was because lore-wise Dwarf paladins came from the human order, so they used the same mount (the truth is probably Blizz didn't feel like devoting resources for Dwarf Pala mount).
    That is basically the reason. In TBC and WLK Draenei paladins had that same horse too (Blizzard didn't put extra resources to give them own mount, so they used the "Alliance" mount), but in Cata, when Sunwalkers and their Kodo was added to the game, Draenei Vindicators finally got their own Holy Elekk.

Blizzard didn't give Dwarves Holy Ram mount in Cata because Dwarf Paladins are Silver Hand, and Silver Hand uses horses.

Bullshit. The only allied paladin so far (LFD) shares a mount. There is NO unique allied paladin mount.

The Dark Iron mount is unlocked by recruiting them. Their paladins share the same new mount as their regular dwarf cousins.
    The tooltip clearly states that it's a Paladin mount....

https://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=270562/darkforge-ram
    Darkforge Ram
    1.5 sec cast
    Requires Paladin
    Requires level 1
    Faction: Alliance
    Summons and dismisses your Darkforge Ram.
    And the icon for it is called "Inv_dwarfpaladinram_red"

The tooltip clearly states that it's a Paladin mount....

https://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=270562/darkforge-ram
    Bah, that's ridiculous then. They had better give LFD's a new mount, or let them use warframes/rep box elekks they've unlocked because that is completely unfair.

I also am hesitant because then what in the world is the Dark Iron unlockable mount?

Bah, that's ridiculous then. They had better give LFD's a new mount, or let them use warframes/rep box elekks they've unlocked because that is completely unfair.

I also am hesitant because then what in the world is the Dark Iron unlockable mount?
    Probably another ram, but with proper Dark Iron themed armor.

Probably another ram, but with proper Dark Iron themed armor.
    I'm more inclined to think that they just shipped the two together and it got caught up in the paladin text, but it's a possibility.