Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Curvy woman opens up about having 'Mr. Six-Pack' as her husband

SOURCE

When wedding photographer and entrepreneur Jenna Kutcher posted an Instagram photo of herself posing with her husband, along with a heartfelt message, she didn’t really expect the flood of supportive messages it inspired.

In the photo, Kutcher is walking on the beach with her husband, Drew Kutcher, a health business coach, and both are in their swimsuits. But while the visual is charming, the caption is what really makes an impact. In it, she recalls being sent a direct message wondering how Jenna could land a guy as beautiful as Drew. She went on to reveal, “Part of my insecurity with my body has stemmed from being married to Mr. Six-Pack himself. Why should I, a curvy girl, get him? I feel unworthy, and when I write narratives in my head that because I am not thin, I don’t deserve him.”

The 29-year-old continued her caption with the best response to that old DM: “This man has embraced every curve, every dimple, pound and pimple for the last ten years and has always reminded me that I’m beautiful even when my inner dialogue doesn’t match (and when I haven’t showered in days.) So yes, my thighs kiss, my arms are big, and my bum is bumpy but there is just more of me for him to love and I chose the man that could handle alllll that (and so much more!)”

Shortly after sharing her truth, the post picked up speed and now has more than 38,000 likes and more than 1,900 comments.

Just about every comment left under Jenna’s post was positive, and many people felt personally touched by her frankness, as they were able to relate it to their own. One person advised, “Don’t listen to those negative comments from haters. You are beautiful inside and out.” Another wrote, “You landed someone that sees someone for what’s on the inside and not on the outside and I think everyone else can pound sand for saying or thinking otherwise. You go girl!!”

After having two miscarriages within two years, Jenna has opened up time and time again on social media. “I’ve struggled my whole life to love my body, something that started when I was a gymnast at a young age,” she tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “I think deep down, as women, our biggest fear is that we aren’t enough, that our bodies are broken, and after walking through two losses, I was really struggling to ‘come home’ to my body.”

Jenna adds, “Drew is a babe. I know that, I see that, I love that. And to me, he’s the most handsome man on the planet. Since I have always struggled with weight, it’s sometimes hard being married to a man with muscles and a six-pack. I see the way people stare at him on the beach and the narrative in my head sounds like, ‘Why should you deserve a man like him? You’re fat, he should be with someone so much better looking.’ I tend to write stories for what I believe people are thinking — when, in reality, I know they probably aren’t thinking a thing.”
    I saw this post on Yahoo! and it hit home with me. I have struggled with my weight all of my adult life. The majority of the guys I have dated have been just like this lady's husband (handsome & well toned). I too have given in to these self doubt stories I've told myself when I would think about why he was with me when he was so good looking. Many times I would sabotage my own relationships with these self doubts without even knowing it. I have since come to accept who I am and accept that someone else can love me for how I look.

What do you guys think of this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

I think anyone seeking approval of others for their relationships are doomed to be unhappy and should just enjoy the company of who they enjoy to spend their time with.

... but where's the curvy woman?

I was expecting an actual fat woman...

Quote Originally Posted by lorgran View Post
    ... But where's the curvy woman?
    balls are curvy

they are a full curve.

But I think we could use the term "round", fits better

Roundy lady

10+ Year Old Account
    If he or she makes you happy why should you care of anyone's approval?...Live your life

P.S. I thought you was a dude!......

Kek, shes fucking fine, a little bit chubby maybe but shes fine, dumb bitch trying to get fame

Didn't even take two posts before MMO-champions derailed the thread to discuss the woman's physique and ignore the thread's intended discussion.

I think that there is a big difference between letting yourself go, and being unable to keep up with your weight despite an active effort. Being overweight does not mean that you cannot look good, in reality everything is relative. Even if one considers this a negative aspect or disadvantage -- which it very well can be -- there are a lot of people that are far more interested in personality than physical appearance. I know that I'd rather date an overweight woman with an amazing personality, than a woman with a perfect body that has a horrible one. And this is only covering a small number of the things a person might find attractive.

The points I want to make are that physique is relative -- big difference between being overweight and totally all-out morbidly obese -- and that it's not even close to being the only factor that men consider. Though I suppose I shouldn't speak for anyone other than myself, as there are plenty of other people in this thread who will likely prove me wrong to some degree. But consider the community you are posting in, this isn't exactly a haven for open-minded thinkers.

PS: I only glanced over the post in question, I am more interested in the topic this discussion is about than this particular woman as I know nothing about her and don't care that much about her story to be honest.

1. She's not bad looking but it's a flattering photo in comparison to her other photos.
    2. Attractiveness differences aren't uncommon in relationships, but typically the less attractive partner compensates for this difference in some way. It's different for each couple...I'll let you fill in the blanks here...

She seems really insecure tbh based on her Instagram, the whole thing is basically about her relationship and statements about feeling worthy (and she's trying to tie all of this into her brand for some reason) People who actually feel worthy don't talk about feeling worthy all of the time...

Edit: reread through her IG, the whole thing wasn't about feeling secure/her relationship, just a significant portion of it. Happened to click on the few photos where she's talking about one or the other, apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Curvy =/= fat

She's fat. I'm glad she's happy, I'm glad she's with a guy she likes, but she's not curvy.
    That is hardly fat and I would know considering I've spent years treating obese people. What ridiculous measurement are you using? Based purely on the pic listed I would consider her curvy, not sure of what she looks like in her other pics however.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    ... but where's the curvy woman?
    This. I wondered after seeing the picture. Also I don't mean the same as others here - she isn't fat either. Looks completely normal to me

In what world is that considered "fat"?

lol

Not directed to the op.

Deleted
    Looks like she has a little extra useless weight and/or bloat from eating habits, but it's nothing disturbing. I don't see a reason to care. I assume the premise was to superficially compare their looks?

Now that's what i call humblebragging! Since when did all attractive men say that they dislike "curvy" women? For fucks sake judging by that picture the woman isn't even close to being described as unattractive to a large portion of men. Are grown women really that self-conscious about themselves that a slightly larger woman being with a hot dude is something so abnormal?

What is it with fat women and calling themselves curvy?

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like the miscarriages are what trouble her far more than her weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    What is it with fat women and calling themselves curvy?
    Because being overweight/obese in the US is the new normal. 70% of adults over aged 20 are overweight or obese.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think body positive stuff is rather dumb and it encourages unhealthy living. These days the body positive 'movement' seems to predominantly be successful overweight people (mostly women) convincing genuinely unhealthy morbidly obese people (mostly women) to remain morbidly obese. And not only that, but to attack anyone who would argue otherwise, regardless of their medical credentials...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that as long as they are consenting adults, it's none of our god-damned business who fucks who who or why or how.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Curvy =/= fat

She's fat. I'm glad she's happy, I'm glad she's with a guy she likes, but she's not curvy.
    I'm trying to work out where you must live, considering you're apparently unfamiliar with what fat people look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.