Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There should only be three races per faction, the Alliance should only have humans, dwarves and elves as per standard good fantasy races. The Horde being the evil faction shall have the evil races those being orcs, trolls, and the undead. From these races the allied races can come. The many various tribes and groups of dwarves and trolls. The clans/kingdoms of orcs/humans, and varied variety of elf races that are shaped by their culture and surroundings. The undead will mostly be human or elf, although a abomination style ghoul made up of other races might be acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    There should only be three races per faction, the Alliance should only have humans, dwarves and elves as per standard good fantasy races. The Horde being the evil faction shall have the evil races those being orcs, trolls, and the undead. From these races the allied races can come. The many various tribes and groups of dwarves and trolls. The clans/kingdoms of orcs/humans, and varied variety of elf races that are shaped by their culture and surroundings. The undead will mostly be human or elf, although a abomination style ghoul made up of other races might be acceptable.
    Heh, this is arguable untrue by the midway point of WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Or are you referring to the ones where people have made custom helms to fit their heads? Yeah if Blizzard wanted to make them playable they COULD make it happen but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none. Not only would they have to make all BfA helms that are usable by them fit properly but they would have to go through every single helm in the game and make it fit onto them properly too since every single race in the game has a plate, cloth, mail, and leather user in them. That is literally EVERY SINGLE HELM IN THE GAME would have to be made to fit them properly. Would you rather Blizzard devote the resources to doing THAT or would you rather them devote resources on the expansion and a different race that would take less time & resources to be able to play?

And as the files show, I guess Kul'tirans will never be playable then, because Blizzard would have to rework

EVERY SINGLE HELM IN THE GAME
    for Kul'tirans. So, according to your "flawless" logic, Kul'Tirans will never be playable, since none of the helms before BfA are fitted to them.

Oh, and to preclude your inevitable flailing attempt of trying to claim "They can just scale up human helms since they're humans! They use the same helms!"

Left one is for Kul'Tirans, right one is for Humans. Center is splitting them in the respective halfs.

So it doesn't matter your stupid "Which would you rather them spend time on" bullshit.

Because they have to rework all the helms for the allied races that require them.
    Last edited by Cradix; 2018-03-18 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Changed image to show further differences between the Kul'Tiran and Human helms.

The argument that an anthropomorphic animal race doesn't fit into warcraft is so freaking stupid.
    These are the animals that have been turned into people in Warcraft, not including the Vulpera or Sethrak:
    Wolves, bears, pandas, cats (three varieties in fact, Tigon, Saberon and Tol'vir), wolverines, fish (again more than one kind, murlocs, gorlocs and Jinyu), monkeys, cows, yaks, bison, moose, snakes (naga), lizards, hyenas, birds, boars, lobsters, walruses, rabbits, rats, praying mantises and spiders. May have forgotten some.
    So ffs, stop saying they don't fit in to WoW. You can not like them all you want, but that argument is blatantly and very demonstrably incorrect.

The horns on Draenei & Tauren stick through helms. Worgen don't have real issues with the muzzle. The Sethrak on the other hand have this massive hood from the snake-like look to them.

You mean THIS pic?

Or are you referring to the ones where people have made custom helms to fit their heads? Yeah if Blizzard wanted to make them playable they COULD make it happen but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none. Not only would they have to make all BfA helms that are usable by them fit properly but they would have to go through every single helm in the game and make it fit onto them properly too since every single race in the game has a plate, cloth, mail, and leather user in them. That is literally EVERY SINGLE HELM IN THE GAME would have to be made to fit them properly. Would you rather Blizzard devote the resources to doing THAT or would you rather them devote resources on the expansion and a different race that would take less time & resources to be able to play?
    No I mean this

And this

Remodeling every helmet in the game by hand also hasn't in a while if -ever- been how they affix helmets to any race, they assign geopoints for the models to attach to here and there along the head model, then the helms just know how to snap and deform to fit the race's head in a sensible way. You're arguing it's too much work and a waste of resources, but you're also acting like some poor Blizzard slave has to be stuck in a basement slowly pulling every single model in the game back so it would fit their head

If that was the case, we'd probably never have gotten Worgen because it was too much work in Cataclysm, much less seven years and tons of design advancements later, it's a poor excuse, and will remain a poor excuse.

Edit: This excuse would also, in your terms, exclude EVERY beast-race, past present or future, with a non-human head structure from ever being playable again, Saurok, Dragomen, Quillboar, Murloc, Arrakoa, ect. ect. and would mean that every expansion has to take about three times as long because they're stuck manually adjusting helmets for the three beast races we -can- play.

There are legitimate reason to not getting Sethrak, I say this as someone who REALLY wants them, but the armor argument is so tired and disproven that it's become an irk for me.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2018-03-18 at 09:19 AM.

Sethrak will never be a playable race no matter how much Alliance fanboys want it. Their models don't allow them to wear helms which prevents them from equipping the armor Blizzard has designed.
    I think if these were the only choices, most Alliance "fanboys" would have rather had Vulpera. Frankly, for all the talk about how having high elves would "damage" the vaunted identity of the Horde, and I really could not even type that BS with a straight face, putting a cold-blooded race of cannibalistic monsters on the Alliance would utterly destroy the identity of the faction. So obviously that's exactly what Blizz will do, and based on the history of Pandaren and Worgen, the way helmets fit on them be damned.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Blizzard has added numerous races over the course of WoW. They aren't "bound" to the races that existed in Warcraft 3. If they were we wouldn't have Draenei or nightborne or Worgen.

As for Pandaren and Worgen, everything we know about them was made up in World of Warcraft. Nothing was known about Gilneas or its culture before Cataclysm. That was made up for Cataclysm. Same with Pandaren. We knew Pandaren existed, but the entirety of Pandaria and every facet of their culture? Yeah, made up in MoP.

Just because you find an "animal race" unpalatable (even though WoW is full of them) doesn't mean other people share the same sentiment.

Ultimately, it's a rule of cool. Is a giant talking egyptian themed snake person cool? Yes? Well, then it'd be a cool race. They fit well into WoW because WoW's lore is broad enough to encompass many different types of races. A snake person, or fox person, is by absolutely no means "beyond the pale."
    Gonna have to agree here. Very little doesn't ''fit'' in WoW, and as soon as the Alliance got Night Elves and the Horde got Undead (so since Vanilla) there's also little that doesn't ''fit'' a faction. If Vulepra get enough story development and character to be an interesting race, by all means add them to the Horde. I'm never, ever going to play the ugly furballs, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be added.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't like a thing so I am going to act like my opinion is the authority which must be adhered to"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    OP's Entire First post

This is the same fucking idiotic shit that plagues Star Wars and so many other franchises right now. "It didnt exist previously, so it doesnt fit the story now"

How the hell do you think game universes function exactly? They arent some eternal existance, they are thought of and made up by game developers.

This whole mentality has only started popping up recently as people are born or becoming mentally aware after something was created, thus in their mentality they seem to treat it as something that has always been. And for some reason this causes them to hate any and all change.

I mean in your post you almost seem to want to attribute WoW with dark, badass and gory themes. Citing it as if these new races are to childish/cartoony for WoW. When that is what WoW has always been about.

Just FYI, the Vulpera are enslaved under the Sethrak, and they are considered nothing more than a labor force and... FOOD. That's right, that dark gritty badassery you talking about is right there.

But anyhow, to bring my rant to a close, things get added, things change and things are expanded upon in a fantasy universe. Just like in real life, stagnation is equal to death. This is true for both living organisms and living stories, which is what WoW is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    I think if these were the only choices, most Alliance "fanboys" would have rather had Vulpera. Frankly, for all the talk about how having high elves would "damage" the vaunted identity of the Horde, and I really could not even type that BS with a straight face, putting a cold-blooded race of cannibalistic monsters on the Alliance would utterly destroy the identity of the faction. So obviously that's exactly what Blizz will do, and based on the history of Pandaren and Worgen, the way helmets fit on them be damned.
    I can accept the Sethrak on the alliance, if its an offshoot faction that never partook in any of the slavery and eating of Vulpera etc.... But even then I require a damn good backstory, and knowing how unserious blizzard has gotten with their lore since the end of Wrath.... I doubt it.

I really dont get where blizz finds its writers, they are really really bad in terms of video game story design.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Also, claiming the other side is a "vocal minority" doesn't make it true.
    The entirety of WoW forums is a vocal minority. Most players never spend any significant amount of time talking about the game.

So of course it's always just a vocal minority complaining about anything, because even if the forums had a single, unanimous opinion you'd still only have a vocal minority.

Though if you went through each of those threads, you'd get a handful of people posting in all of them, and less than a hundred others that drop in for 1-2 posts. So even objectively it's a very tiny group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    There are legitimate reason to not getting Sethrak, I say this as someone who REALLY wants them, but the armor argument is so tired and disproven that it's become an irk for me.
    People still claim Naga can't wear any armour, even though they've been doing just that since at least Cataclysm.

They really are pointless if they are added to the allied race system.

Prefer they stop pulling new races out of their ass to turn into Allied Races (hello Void Elf) and stick to races that actually have some history, lore and foundation in the setting so they don't feel so transparent in a cash grab to get people to spam that race change shop button.

Just by looking at this picture for the Sethrak wearing a single helm. Pretty much is the reason why Sethrak won't be playable.

Plus I would rather see them devote resources on the expansion and having a different allied/subrace than seeing a Snake person wearing a helm that makes them look really goofy and bit stupid.
    You know they probably wouldn't use base helmets? They would most likely go with any of the other already deformed helmets that Worgan, Tauren, ect wear.

And it's not like stupid helmet design has stopped them before. Most stuff looks like garbage on a Worgan of either gender and Tauren literally wear at least one helmet like that picture already (the deep sea helmet).

As for OP, the whole point of the allied race system was to give players way more diversity and playable races without having to design a 1-20 level experience and personalized story for them. They have stated their intentions are to add a bunch of races, so why make a big deal about every single one you don't want to personally play? More will keep coming because this is their way of adding new diversity to the game. Stop getting so worked up just because there's a new race you don't like coming along.
    Last edited by Biotec; 2018-03-18 at 09:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I was with you until you mentioned High Elves and Forest Trolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    They really are pointless if they are added to the allied race system.

Prefer they stop pulling new races out of their ass to turn into Allied Races (hello Void Elf) and stick to races that actually have some history, lore and foundation in the setting so they don't feel so transparent in a cash grab to get people to spam that race change shop button.
    Exactly. Allied race system is suppose to be a system where you go find allies you already have made or have been in a faction for a long time. It shouldn't even be a system where you get new races out of developer's random thoughts and say that this is ok. Adding something New is alright but when your Adding unnecessary stupid races that no one asked for or doesn't have actually history with a faction then you know you done mess up your original idea for what the wow fans want.

If you want to have a new race than just leave it into the race spot. Allied races are suppose to be subraces and races who have been on the horde and alliance for longest time and have history with that faction. Still blows my mind that people think this system isn't a subrace feature but it is.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

To me Sethrak and Vulpera are two of the most pointless races to have be playable within the World of Warcraft.
    Well in my opinion, Gnomes take that title easily. See I can play that game too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Deleted
    They are called Allied races, not subraces, I don't get why people keep using this argument, any race can become allies to the factions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Well in my opinion, Gnomes take that title easily. See I can play that game too.
    They have been in the lore since very beginning of wow. Heck you even see them during the times of Second and third war. If anything Gnomes have more history within the alliance than Vulpera and Sethrak ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I was with you until you mentioned High Elves and Forest Trolls.
    Oh because adding something that fans who have played Warcraft 2 who have been asking for years to play those races is totally not acceptable. But when something stupid and little to faction's identity's history like Sethrak, Vulpera, Void Elves, or maybe Void Orcs or whatever type of race that is out a developer's mind is totally ok and adds something to what Warcraft series is right.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Deleted
    "Doesnt feel like Warcraft cause we didnt see them before in lore"... yeah ive heard this argument again and again, during draenei and pandaren. People even complained when WC3 came. Its the "purist argument". Funny how they adapt the new things tough when the story progresses and they become part of the lore for them...

K lets pretend youre a Warcraft 1 purist. You didnt know of any elves, dwarves and trolls in Warcraft 1 either. Does that mean the universe should only have humans and orcs in them? Is "adding to the lore" a strange and scary concept?

Or a Star Trek purist that goes "yeah we shouldnt have Borg or the Dominion, cause the original Star Trek only had Klingons and Romulans!"

I can give a list of new races they added after WC3 to the lore, thers so many that i wonder if i get them all but here goes:

Zandalari Trolls
    Dark iron Dwarves
    Troggs
    Qiraji
    Draenei (pure)
    Arakkoa
    Gronn
    Sporelings
    A bunch of ones in Burning Legion(mo'arg, shivarra etc.)
    Ethereals
    Naaru
    Vrykul
    Iron Dwarves etc.
    Wolvar
    Frostborne
    Frost Giants
    Storm Giants
    Fire Giants
    Iron Giants
    Worgen
    Pygmies
    Tol'vir
    Mogu
    Mantid
    Hozen
    Jinyu
    Yangol
    Saurok
    Grummle
    Sprite
    Virmen
    Botani
    Ogron
    Saberon
    Highmountain Tauren
    Drogbar
    Nightborne
    Void Elves
    Lightforged Draenei

and soon, Sethrak, Tortollans, Drust and Vulpera. And i wouldnt be surprised if the next expansion(s) after BFA add a few more not known before.

I really dont see a problem here. Theyre just doing what theyve been doing. Adding to the lore, expanding the universe. Hell, most of the Brokens isles is completely new to the lore, only thing we knew of before was the Tomb of Sargeras section.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2018-03-18 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    No I mean this
    "snip"
    Thanks for posting this, getting tired having to post it for the 50th time

If you want to have a new race than just leave it into the race spot. Allied races are suppose to be subraces and races who have been on the horde and alliance for longest time and have history with that faction. Still blows my mind that people think this system isn't a subrace feature but it is.
    Show me where Blizzard said this.
    Because as I recall, they said any bipedal race is a potential allied race.
    You're so quick to latch on to how things are that it makes you scared to consider how things may eventually be.
    Admit it, you just don't want them because you don't like them.