Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Growel View Post
    The first example that comes to mind is EVE Online. I think I like the idea of the game, more than the actual game.
    Definitely EVE. The concept is so damn amazing, but mostly it's ruined by a few things:

Unmitigated trolling/scamming/spamming. If I wanted that I could just surf the web without my virus/adblocker.

Utter domination by mega-corps. Yeah, you can putz around and waste your time doing low-level stuff. But anything significant is going to force you into conflict with one of the players/corps that have been around for years. Good luck.

EVE is definitely a game that's more fun to read about than to actually play. The sheer time investment required to do anything other than ride the coat-tails of a multi-year player is just not worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Knights of the Old Republic.

I played that game so much i never need to play it again. I did everything you can do in it.

Wouldn't say I "love" the game but I did enjoy FFXV in spite of it's flaws but would never replay it just because of how "final" the ending is.

Most games I like I would replay... if I had unlimited time in the day. As it is I barely get through the backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wouldn't say I "love" the game but I did enjoy FFXV in spite of it's flaws but would never replay it just because of how "final" the ending is.
    Totally agree and its why I didn't buy the season pass.

The ending is as final as you can get so I saw no point in getting the season pass. I did consider the royal edition until I learned the DLC isn't on disk with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Witcher 2. I loved the story, thought it was equally good as Witcher 3's but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired, and is frustrating after playing Witcher 3. Also knowing the story now makes it a little worse, and choosing different options doesn't really satisfy me as most of them seem evil or make me unhappy.

Twisted Metal 1 and Res evil.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jade Cocoon. The controls were just bizarre, kinda like the RE games. It takes some serious getting used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everquest and WoW. I loved them both.

I tried going back to EQ a few times back when it was still relevant but could never get back into it. A testament to the people I played with at a particular point in time rather than the game itself, I've come to be convinced over time.

I've resubbed a couple times to WoW, for a month at a time, since I left back mid-WoD but I can't get into the Legion design. With WoW its definitely more about the game changing in ways that I no longer find entertaining.

Trails in the Sky FC & SC

I love the Kiseki series, with Trails of Cold Steel being one of my all-time favorite games. That said, I simply cannot go back and play through the first two games in the series again. The pacing of the introduction is rather atrocious. The game starts off with compelling characters (Cassius, Estelle, and Joshua) and an intriguing plot (where'd Joshua come from? Why is the guild calling in their best agent on short notice? What is happening in the Empire?), but then puts that storyline on hold as you slog through six hours of meaningless sidequests. The story comes to the forefront again with the hijacking... then fades into the background once more as you complete hours of sidequests in between each story beat. It isn't until the thirty hour mark that the game stops padding the game with sidequests and the plot kicks into full swing, with the final 1/3rd of the game being an absolutely incredible storyline. That said, I can't in good conscience do it all again. The sequel isn't much better, with the game being rather uninteresting outside of the Towers, the Ragnard arc, and the final chapter. FC and SC have inferior gameplay compared to Cold Steel, with there being virtually no way to customize the characters outside of one clearly optimal build that trumps all other ideas (fortunately CS rectified this with MQs).

I don't have any problem with Trails in the Sky the 3rd; that was absolutely amazing and doesn't have any of the filler or pacing issues that plagued FC and SC, and you're given so many characters that you can play however way you want in spite of the lack of MQs. It's tied with Cold Steel 1 and The Banner Saga for the title of my favorite RPG.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoW - Still have room for it in my heart but the RNG loot pinata its turned into makes me sad. Also fuck paragon cache mounts.

Age of Empires 1 - Loved the age of empire games, however 1 doesnt stand up as much as 2 or mythology. The gameplay is more limited compared to the later games

15+ Year Old Account
    Catherine. Can't bring myself to beat it again.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Twisted Metal 1
    Even on the hardest difficulty? I get a little adrenaline shot just thinking about being chased by Mr. Slam.

On topic, I'd have to say Runescape. I poured so much time and effort into Runescape Classic, but trying it again after all these years reminds me how antiquated the click and point style is. I just can't stomach it anymore as much as I want to be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Even on the hardest difficulty? I get a little adrenaline shot just thinking about being chased by Mr. Slam.

On topic, I'd have to say Runescape. I poured so much time and effort into Runescape Classic, but trying it again after all these years reminds me how antiquated the click and point style is. I just can't stomach it anymore as much as I want to be able to.
    Das TM2...

I never really got into TM2, because it would freeze up on the satellite / dish level..

Das TM2...

I never really got into TM2, because it would freeze up on the satellite / dish level..
    Whoops! And internet for a Ps1 game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically every single game on my shelf (hundreds).
    I loved almost all of them, but I simply don't have the desire to ever play them again.
    That and 99% of my steam library.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Whoops! And internet for a Ps1 game?
    Internet?

What you mean?

Internet?

What you mean?
    Satellite/dish level, thought you were referencing internet for some reason. Not sure which level had that though, New York's rooftops?

I can't remember either to be honest, I can't remember if the level was a dish, or if part of the level took place in the dish.

I just remember how frustrated I'd get when I'd be down to the last vehicle and the game would freeze up and I'd have to restart it. /shrug I'd imagine the game is still out in the field I tossed it into.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Majority of JRPGs fall into this category for me. I just can't force myself to spend 100 hours more in game i already finished. Especially with huge backlog.
    Same for me as well. There are quite a few RPGs where I have something left to do like killing an optional super-boss but I can't bring myself to play the story again (although its often great) because even the best story isn't that engaging when you already know whats going to happen next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeybones55 View Post
    Spore.

I love the idea of colonizing planets, establishing trade routes with other empires or raging galactic wars.
    But the universe is one big place, and traveling around it is endless, even in the game.
    I was having a very hard time thinking of a game...and then I saw this.

I also vote Spore. I absolutely love the concept of Spore; the whole thing. But it's execution left much to be desired. Once you leave the whole "animal evolution" phase, it kinda loses a good chunk of its appeal. It got to the point where I would just sit in the character creator mode and just spam out new animals...many of whom began to look similar in the later days.

I did successfully create the Tetris-blocks as animals. It's absolutely hilarious to watch the L-Block carnivores ravage the countryside, devouring all the other Tetris block herbivores. That was fun.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)