Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    everyone that is 68+ is retarded for not abusing Karazhan. you can get 68-84 in like 3-4 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    everyone that is 68+ is retarded for not abusing Karazhan. you can get 68-84 in like 3-4 hours.
    wat? i thought entrance level was 71?

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    may i get the 14h of my life back? lvl70 without any motivation to this grindfest. xp-stretch hits hard at 68, dungeons no longer grant 1 lvl. so i tried Northrend offroad (meaning not the standard aka best route, aka densest quest-hubs) to Howling Fjord with the result of aggressions.
    my problem with questing is the low frequency of interaction, its more like a "Walking Simulator", while dungeons at least demand some concentration. btw - i have every loremaster since WOTLK, and most of BC zones too, i remember every (fakn) quest.

i cant do this. its boring. i ll xp-pot this Lightforged via Darkmoon Faire (quests) to 90, should take 3-4 months, than WoD bonus n treasures on XP-Pot. i would be ok if dungeons at least would give 1 lvl.
    Take the time to read this thread. But here, I'll repost the fastest route for your level. Also, google "WoW Method zero"

58-73: Do either NOrthrend or TBC quests while queue for both Utgarde Keep, Ramparts, and Blood Furnace.
    74-81: Change dungeons settings to Heroic. Solo every TBC Heroic dungeon. Also try Karazhan trash mob clears. Exp/hour here is insane!
    81-82: TBC heroics stop giving exp, switch to Serpentshrine Cavern trash, or go back to questing MoP/Cata.
    82-84: Try soloing Normal Ramparts
    83-87: Try soloing Normal WotLK dungeons, although questing is probably just faster.
    88-90: Heroic ZG trash clears. Kill all mini-bosses.

At this point you can go to WoD. If you have heirlooms and flying you should be fine and can set up your garrison and grab an exp pot to begin farming treasures. Otherwise you'll want to hit Timeless Isle at 90 to get a gear boost, then proceed to WoD and do treasures and bonus areas the slow way.

Keep in mind that when you first go to try and solo any dungeon, it might take a few runs to learn the optimal path, and how many enemies you can pull. Don't get frustrated if you die. If you feel things are too difficult, go back and quest for another level then return when it's easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    Yeah, I thought Kara mobs would be at least 71-72. Going in a 68 seems like suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Enough with the “leveling is fine” shit.
    Its fine FOR YOU.
    Its not fine for everyone.
    Nothing is ever fine for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Take the time to read this thread. But here, I'll repost the fastest route for your level. Also, google "WoW Method zero"

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I thought Kara mobs would be at least 71-72. Going in a 68 seems like suicide.
    i read every single post in this thread. i also contributed my lvl route, which was faster than urs.

but i cant do dungeons since they dont give 1 lvl per. i wont do quests, cuz i already have WOTLK loremaster and most of BC, i recall every quest i tried, i also tried to go offroad the fastes Northrend route (lvld monk prior 7.3.5 8h to 110), which result was aggressions, questing feels like a "Walking Simulator" to me, too low frequency of interaction.
    But if u would have read my former post (u quoted) u surely would have understood the above, but nvm, hf :D

/edit: kara lvl71 (!) mobs are 5k xp per, hp 60k+, my prot dps (fully enchanted looms) r 1,7k, hf soloing them at 70...
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2018-03-17 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    ... want to find if someone did it faster than method 0 ...
    Just dinged 59: 13h 53 min

Did Darkshire -> Westfall -> Redridge -> Both STV -> Western Plaguelands

... with some random dungeons inbetween.

Assassination Rogue, Void Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    i read every single post in this thread. i also contributed my lvl route, which was faster than urs.

but i cant do dungeons since they dont give 1 lvl per. i wont do quests, cuz i already have WOTLK loremaster and most of BC, i recall every quest i tried, i also tried to go offroad the fastes Northrend route (lvld monk prior 7.3.5 8h to 110), which result was aggressions, questing feels like a "Walking Simulator" to me, too low frequency of interaction.
    But if u would have read my former post (u quoted) u surely would have understood the above, but nvm, hf

/edit: kara lvl71 (!) mobs are 5k xp per, hp 60k+, my prot dps (fully enchanted looms) r 1,7k, hf soloing them at 70...
    Hard for me to understand how my leveling route can be slower, considering it's an amalgamation of all the fastest routes from this thread. :/ Besides, your route included consistent use of exp pots, which isn't the point of this thread. ANYONE can level faster if they're willing to drop a bazillion gold on exp pots.

Anyway, sounds like you're just burnt. Go play Dark Souls or Bloodborne or Monster Hunter. Take a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    Just dinged 59: 13h 53 min

Did Darkshire -> Westfall -> Redridge -> Both STV -> Western Plaguelands

... with some random dungeons inbetween.

Assassination Rogue, Void Elf.
    Sounds about the same as Method-0. Although I reached 58 in 14 hours starting from level 1, with the Panda intro quest denying anything before that. Starting at level 20 would shave a good two hours off.

I also wonder how much(or little) interference you had from other players. On my server group there's so many people in STV that going there is a death sentence for your level speed. You'll spend a half hour on each of the Nessingwary quests alone, just waiting for respawns.

Still, that's a pretty good speed, and is probably faster in absolute real time with optimal conditions. Did you do anything special to cut down on time-wasting? Any particular paths you followed, or did you just randomly go from quest to quest?

EDIT: Btw, I re-read my post, and I can see how it might seem like I'm tooting my own horn and saying I'm better than everyone else. PLEASE don't misunderstand. I'm not bragging. I'm just posting the facts of the fastest routes so everyone can benefit. I'm not trying to crap on other routes or times!
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-03-17 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    Good move on blizzards part. Give people time to actually learn their spec and feel rewarded when they gain something extra, like a spell, a level or a piece of gear. Very educational. Maybe they should force all characters back to level one to reteach the community what a 'reward' is.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2018-03-18 at 08:24 AM.

Gave up leveling my Shaman once I hit WoD. It’s a slog and a waste of time. Pure mindnumbingly boring ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Good move on blizzards part. Give people time to actually learn their spec and feel rewarded when they gain something extra, like a spell, a level or a piece of gear. Very educational. Maybe they should force all characters back to level one to reteach the community what a 'reward' is.
    I wonder how fast their sub numbers would fall off a cliff if everyone was forced to re-level their toons again.

Also, mind-numbing grind fest that is 60-80 is not very educational. Healing is a nightmare under this new system. When I was leveling another priest on an RP server to be with real life friends I hated how I lacked my higher level abilities. Ones that fundamentally change how you play the class at max level vs the lower level. So yeah, that whole learn how to play argument sort of falls apart here.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Sounds about the same as Method-0. Although I reached 58 in 14 hours starting from level 1, with the Panda intro quest denying anything before that. Starting at level 20 would shave a good two hours off.

I also wonder how much(or little) interference you had from other players. On my server group there's so many people in STV that going there is a death sentence for your level speed. You'll spend a half hour on each of the Nessingwary quests alone, just waiting for respawns.

Still, that's a pretty good speed, and is probably faster in absolute real time with optimal conditions. Did you do anything special to cut down on time-wasting? Any particular paths you followed, or did you just randomly go from quest to quest?
    You are correct, my statement is invalid since I didn't go from 1-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    You are correct, my statement is invalid since I didn't go from 1-20.
    No worries! Lots of people are running Allied Races, and they all start at level 20, so that's still good info.

Like I said before, though, how was STV? I'm really curious, because it's a circus on Stormrage. WAY too many people to make it worth going there.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    At 88, soloed Grim Batol heroic (on a hunter), really great XP, so solo cata dungeons definately are an option.

It was like 3-4k XP per mob, 10k per boss, and 90k for finishing the dungeon, the end boss was easier then the others.

Might not be the ultimate fastest way to level, but to me it was fun and worth the time.

I didn't try other dungeons as I was doing Twilight Highlands and just happened to be near Grim Batol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Gave up leveling my Shaman once I hit WoD. It’s a slog and a waste of time. Pure mindnumbingly boring ass.
    WoD with flying is probably one of the fastest, it's just boring to do the same intro quests over and over and over, but since 7.3.5, I tend to enter the expansion at 92 or so, makes it a bit easier due to heirloom scaling.

But the huge amount of treasures/bonus objectives means there's a lot of extra free XP outside of questing.

I also stay till about 102, but you can easily leave at 98 to go to Legion.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-19 at 12:43 PM.

No worries! Lots of people are running Allied Races, and they all start at level 20, so that's still good info.

Like I said before, though, how was STV? I'm really curious, because it's a circus on Stormrage. WAY too many people to make it worth going there.
    About STV: I told myself to never again level in Northern STV.
    Way too many gankers. Too many quests require moving back and forth between rebel camp and various troll ruins. The lack of inns (and therefore hearthstones) make it really tedious. The respawns weren't too bad even though there was some competition.

Southern STV felt quite good though.

sadly Blizz will keep nerfing routes until boost sales get up to where they want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    At 88, soloed Grim Batol heroic (on a hunter), really great XP, so solo cata dungeons definately are an option.

It was like 3-4k XP per mob, 10k per boss, and 90k for finishing the dungeon, the end boss was easier then the others.

Might not be the ultimate fastest way to level, but to me it was fun and worth the time.

I didn't try other dungeons as I was doing Twilight Highlands and just happened to be near Grim Batol.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD with flying is probably one of the fastest, it's just boring to do the same intro quests over and over and over, but since 7.3.5, I tend to enter the expansion at 92 or so, makes it a bit easier due to heirloom scaling.

But the huge amount of treasures/bonus objectives means there's a lot of extra free XP outside of questing.

You can take the timeless isle portal to gogrond, but then you miss the garisson xp por...dunno if its worth the wod intro vs xp increase tho.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    You can take the timeless isle portal to gogrond, but then you miss the garisson xp por...dunno if its worth the wod intro vs xp increase tho.
    So that means no garrison at all?

Can you even quest in frostfire then? I tend to clear Bladespire Citadel at the very least, there's like 10+ treasures in there after questing.

Deleted
    I don't really have a problem with these changes, as long as Blizzard continues to improve on the leveling experience before WoD. I want more Rares, more Events, more good Items and Transmogg Item and in the future i hope the NPCs will use the Advanced AI and that they won't stand around like retards with no abilities whatosever, just to get slaughtered without even doing any damage. Of course after the pruning, they can't overdoe it with the abilities and strenght of NPCs while leveling, but a good midway would be nice. And there could also be area's for group quests who are much harder, but have better rewards and give more xp.

- - - Updated - - -

I never unlocked flying for WoD making it considerably worse :/

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    So that means no garrison at all?

Can you even quest in frostfire then? I tend to clear Bladespire Citadel at the very least, there's like 10+ treasures in there after questing.
    Taking the gorgrond portal just skips the intro cinematics and scenario. You can still fly over to the garrison area and do the actual 2-3 quests to set it up and get access to the exp pot.

It's probably actually worthwhile to do the quests to fully unlock the final phase of Bladespire Citedel, too, since there's so many treasures in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    I never unlocked flying for WoD making it considerably worse :/
    For you I would then stay in MoP/Cata until 92(I'm assuming you have flight there). Suffer WoD without flight from 92-98 by doing treasures and bonus objectives, and maybe some questing/dungeons. Leave for Legion at 98. Although without flying in Legion, it's not really much of an improvement.