Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    As an Australian living in Sydney I would love to see a rule where no new immagrants can live or work in Sydney or Melbourne for at least 5 years. Sydney is a case of fuck off we are full. Immigration has ruined our childrens future to be able to afford a house where they grew up. Sydney has been ruined by overpopulation.
    The Sydney housing market being shitty is a function of speculators and outdated zoning laws, not 'overpopulation'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    its called altruism if you wanna get specific.

"herp derp i didnt say, herp derp you didnt address yadda yadda"
    your opinions are of a common variety, i dont need you to explain them. they are in fact the status quo.

i realize you will take my replies as off putting but it isnt intentional. I've just had to do this rope a dope in the exact same order with every liberal who has never had their ideology challenged. so please forgive me if i jump past all the stuff i already know you will say and just attempt to give you some information that you of course will never agree to but will ultimately ponder in the privacy of your own thoughts later on.
    So that's a no? You intellectual coward. You haven't even touched on my ideology but go on, run off like a coward.

Or let me guess, you realised you rushed through my post and didn't actually post anything relevant to what I said? Because you were in too much of a rush to label me? That closer to home?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    So, he's not a racist?

-Lying about numbers to fit your narrative, only blowing it up. Not very chique, but has nothing to do with racism.

-Immigrants who have a higher chance of bringing crime, with a large part being economic refugees. Compare this to the white South African farmers who are being killed on the spot for simply being white and no one is helping them. Why? Because they are afraid of being called a racist by helping a white minority group, by people like you.

-This is the only part where he sounds like someone vile. But still no evidence of him being a racist. You are being the racist here. You could find a gazillion reasons of him laughing because of it, and skin color / ethnicity could not be a part of it. Then it's simply not racism. Sorry to burst your bubble. But laughing about people dieing? That's a vile thing to do indeed.

-I've heard that a lot, dog whistling racists. I think it's more a thing of ''when I don't really have evidence he's catering to racists, I'll just say he's just dog whistling them''.

Conclusion: Try to think longer than 3 seconds about each subject and try not to scream racist everytime someone is against immigration and states that crime from
    When he's lying about the numbers, to make it look like one race is doing more crime than yes, it is racist.

Gonna have to site those stats for me.

Notice how I said it wasn't really racist, reading is hard.

I see you didn't address the whole visa thing.

Conclusion: Learn to read.

It's odd how neither of you picked up that I'm personally against all immigration, how very left of me...
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2018-03-18 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I support this as long as these South African farmers are put through the exact same process as the other asylum seekers. I.e. an extended stay in Australia's concentration camp in Nauru.
    I have been to Greece in one of the camps, as it happens my family owns a beach house on one of the islands that have a lot of "traffic". I talked a bit with one of the chicks (because she was hot) that was helping them with the applications. Anyway! So I know first hand how the things there work

Anecdotal info based on that one camp:
    Most of the immigrants, don't have papers. That is their biggest slow down and why they spend months in the camp
    Their embassy takes forever to identify them. Mostly because they keep giving false names and age, thus they are not found, and the process repeats

Imagine if you are in a country and you lose your papers. Your embassy should identify you pretty quick and replace them. Otherwise you are stuck
    But those countries want rewards for helping with the immigrants so they don't help with identifications
    (and well it seems pretty basic and mandatory to have -at least- the name of the person that enters the country. very hard to argue with asking for name verification, especially since as it turns out, most of them gave false name and age)

In the case of those South Africans, I have to guess they will have passport. The process will be pretty fast
    In fact, if the country decides that whites in South Africa are in danger and they deserve asylum, and they have papers, it will be super auto and fast by default without taking extra steps
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Basically what I've learned from this thread is that South Africa either should not have ended apartheid or should have partitioned the country into White and Black zones.
    Technically, they have... via this thing called land ownership. It's just that Blacks don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    As an Australian living in Sydney I would love to see a rule where no new immagrants can live or work in Sydney or Melbourne for at least 5 years. Sydney is a case of fuck off we are full. Immigration has ruined our childrens future to be able to afford a house where they grew up. Sydney has been ruined by overpopulation.
    Housing affordability in Australia is a function of poor civic planning and the Australian attitude to real estate investment. Not immigrants.

In fact, even the foreign speculators and investors who get a lot of blame for inflating prices (fairly or otherwise) typically don't actually immigrate here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    There are only about 4 million white people living in South Africa among about ten times as many blacks. If the Africans really wanted to exterminate the white man, they've had a good 25 years to do it which is plenty of time, so what's the hold up?
    They're killing them just as fast as they can get away with and still garner support from people like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Technically, they have... via this thing called land ownership. It's just that Blacks don't like it.
    Land ownership isn't apartheid. Most farms have a mixture of black and white people living together on them.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    They're killing them just as fast as they can get away with and still garner support from people like you.
    Well according to the OP, the attacks amount to a whopping one murder per week which in a country of 56 million people makes it a big fat nothingburger as far as I'm concerned, especially given the high rate of violent crime in South Africa generally, which of course nobody in this thread gives two shits about.

Well according to the OP, the attacks amount to a whopping one murder per week which in a country of 56 million people makes it a big fat nothingburger as far as I'm concerned, especially given the high rate of violent crime in South Africa generally, which of course nobody in this thread gives two shits about.
    Now that is demagoguery. One murder per week is not the total, so it should not be compared to the total population. It should be compared to the number of white farmers.

Now that is demagoguery. One murder per week is not the total, so it should not be compared to the total population. It should be compared to the number of white farmers.
    Well, going by Wikipedia here, in South Africa as a whole there are 50 murders every single day, so as long as white farmers make up more than 0.3% of the population they are proportionally safer than the average citizen. Obviously anyone getting murdered is a sad situation, but if you just look at all the messed up shit that happens around the world on a daily basis, to single this out as some kind of unconscionable tragedy is absolutely disingenuous and reeks of a pretty blatant agenda.

Well, going by Wikipedia here, in South Africa as a whole there are 50 murders every single day, so as long as white farmers make up more than 0.3% of the population they are proportionally safer than the average citizen. Obviously anyone getting murdered is a sad situation, but if you just look at all the messed up shit that happens around the world on a daily basis, to single this out as some kind of unconscionable tragedy is absolutely disingenuous and reeks of a pretty blatant agenda.
    Someone brutally murders a person and their entire family, and then proceeds to live in their home and farm their lands... instead of being thrown to jail forever. This is most definitely not what happens to the average citizen. In normal murders, the police will try to find the person responsible. Not just let them live on happily ever after on the deceased person's home

Police should arrest the murderers and the land should pass on to the next of kin - and most definitely NOT the murderer!!!
    Rewarding the murderers with a home and land to farm? In what world is that "average" or normal?
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

What, can one not voice concern unless one is concerned about everything going on? Does "all the messed up shit" make racially motivated murders in SA less worrisome or even somehow OK?

They seem like an obviously good candidate for refugee status in Australia - not only is there a legitimate dangerous in SA, white South Africans are likely to be a group that would have little trouble integrating into Australian culture and being productive residents, which is the usual concern with refugee influxes. I feel like a lot of people are being deliberately obtuse in being affronted that Australia would be more inclined towards an English-speaking, culturally Western group than Afghans.

What, can one not voice concern unless one is concerned about everything going on? Does "all the messed up shit" make racially motivated murders in SA less worrisome or even somehow OK?
    Well, he said they had it coming earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    They seem like an obviously good candidate for refugee status in Australia - not only is there a legitimate dangerous in SA, white South Africans are likely to be a group that would have little trouble integrating into Australian culture and being productive residents, which is the usual concern with refugee influxes. I feel like a lot of people are being deliberately obtuse in being affronted that Australia would be more inclined towards an English-speaking, culturally Western group than Afghans.
    An English-speaking, culturally Western group that implemented a policy of absolute segregation within living memory. Does simply being Muslim make one more incompatible with Western culture than being deliberately opposed to all the ideals of freedom and equality that this culture supposedly stands for?

Well for a long term "South African farm attacks" were just red meat for the right wing crowd that fake news sites would throw out there to get their readers riled up about the impending white genocide and what not. Nowadays with the emergence of the alt right though, it's evidently become a topic that actual policy makers in other countries feel is worth addressing which, given the relatively small scale of the problem compared to a lot of the other problems that those same policy makers regularly ignore, is of course wrong.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2018-03-18 at 10:55 PM.

An English-speaking, culturally Western group that implemented a policy of absolute segregation within living memory. Does simply being Muslim make one more incompatible with Western culture than being deliberately opposed to all the ideals of freedom and equality that this culture supposedly stands for?
    Do you know how much segregation and injustice there is in middle east between different ethnic and religious groups?

But of course you don't bring that up when talking about brown people and what they might have done in the past because only white people can do wrong of course.

I have a hard time believing that you're being remotely serious in suggesting that Muslims from Afghanistan will integrate better in Australia than white South Africans on the basis that those farmers are responsible for apartheid. It doesn't even begin to make sense as a perspective.

Deleted
    It's going to be extremely funny when white people start leaving SA for good and leave black tribes there to their own devices. Country is going to be torn apart by warlords and ridden with crime, poverty and diseases (even more than it is now).

Something obviously needs to be done about this racist crimes and this is a good step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Nothing but slander and lies.

Dutton used the same argument to save thousands of Yitzhar Syrian refugees, he is only racist in your warped imagination. He makes the point that the white farmers are being murdered and facing persecution. We can offer immediate help because they won't be a welfare burden and we need more farmers.
    As a South African who works in this field, I'd like to inform you this is not the case. Please read up fact checking websites about this. There is a propaganda organisation in South Africa called Afriforum which is attempting to disseminate misinformation about this. Feel free to read up articles from fact checking organisations such as AfricaCheck for clarity on this:

The last time farm murders were racially broken down through official research (its way out of date so not particularly valid) actually showed disproportionate murder of Black Farmers in relation to the number of Black Farmers that exist. This was likely due to the fact that White Farmers are often more well off and could afford superior security.

Furthermore, Afriforum conducts flawed and intentionally misleading research. In their research they suggest that White Farmers are murdered at 4 times the standard murder rate in South Africa. However, when conducting their research they chose to ignore about 90% of the population living in the area, and cherry pick their respondents. Other credible research has suggested that Farmers in SA are murdered at a 6th of the rate of the rest of the population.

And finally, while the evidence is sketchy, evidence available has suggested that White South Africans are murdered at a significantly lower rate compared to all other population groups in relation to their population size, while SA does not track murder by race, we do track by location and district. Thus, we can see that the majority of murder in South Africa takes place in poorer areas dominated by non-white groups. In reality Black and Coloured South Africans are disproportionately likely to meet a violent end to their life in South Africa when compared to White South Africans.

Simply put, the majority of violence in South Africa can be attributed to economics and not race, and and research has shown that racial violence in South Africa is more often than not perpetuated by White South Africans against Black South Africans, not the other way around.

Unfortunately I'm unable to post links to research to back up my points as I haven't posted enough on the forums yet, however, google farm murders and Africa Check for information, or the South African Coffin Assault Case for an example of typical racial violence in SA, and SA crime statistics. The South African HRC is also a useful source of information on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkosh View Post
    As a South African who works in this field, I'd like to inform you this is not the case. Please read up fact checking websites about this. There is a propaganda organisation in South Africa called Afriforum which is attempting to disseminate misinformation about this. Feel free to read up articles from fact checking organisations such as AfricaCheck for clarity on this:

The last time farm murders were racially broken down through official research (its way out of date so not particularly valid) actually showed disproportionate murder of Black Farmers in relation to the number of Black Farmers that exist. This was likely due to the fact that White Farmers are often more well off and could afford superior security.

Furthermore, Afriforum conducts flawed and intentionally misleading research. In their research they suggest that White Farmers are murdered at 4 times the standard murder rate in South Africa. However, when conducting their research they chose to ignore about 90% of the population living in the area, and cherry pick their respondents. Other credible research has suggested that Farmers in SA are murdered at a 6th of the rate of the rest of the population.

And finally, while the evidence is sketchy, evidence available has suggested that White South Africans are murdered at a significantly lower rate compared to all other population groups in relation to their population size, while SA does not track murder by race, we do track by location and district. Thus, we can see that the majority of murder in South Africa takes place in poorer areas dominated by non-white groups. In reality Black and Coloured South Africans are disproportionately likely to meet a violent end to their life in South Africa when compared to White South Africans.

Simply put, the majority of violence in South Africa can be attributed to economics and not race, and and research has shown that racial violence in South Africa is more often than not perpetuated by White South Africans against Black South Africans, not the other way around.

Unfortunately I'm unable to post links to research to back up my points as I haven't posted enough on the forums yet, however, google farm murders and Africa Check for information, or the South African Coffin Assault Case for an example of typical racial violence in SA, and SA crime statistics. The South African HRC is also a useful source of information on this.
    Yeah I was looking at Africacheck yesterday, meant to post this link:

https://africacheck.org/factsheets/f...ks-murders-sa/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.