10+ Year Old Account

Boxed Collector's Edition

I've just hit exalted with all the required reps for Allied Races so i was thinking about buying digital deluxe edition.
    I'd usually buy the boxed CE but I have seen any official confirmation surrounding this.

Are we getting one? I'm becoming doubtful.

When Legion was released in August 2016 i'd had mine preordered in January from Amazon.
    We are now in March with a potential summer release for BfA with nothing apart from a picture on EBGames Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    I've just hit exalted with all the required reps for Allied Races so i was thinking about buying digital deluxe edition.
    I'd usually buy the boxed CE but I have seen any official confirmation surrounding this.

When Legion was released in August 2016 i'd had mine preordered in January from Amazon.
    We are now in March with a potential summer release for BfA with nothing apart from a picture on EBGames Australia.
    you havent looked vary hard for info on the boxed collectors, i take it.....

a quick google with give you heaps of places taking pre-orders, Gamestop, Eb Games, Target, Amazon heaps of places seling them, they will all let you place a pre-order at least all bar Amazon online does.

but im sure as it gets its release date a lot more places will get ETA's
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2018-03-18 at 11:10 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    you havent looked vary hard for info on the boxed collectors, i take it.....

a quick google with give you heaps of places taking pre-orders, Gamestop, Eb Games, Target, Amazon heaps of places seling them, they will all let you place a pre-order at least all bar Amazon online does.

but im sure as it gets its release date a lot more places will get ETA's
    I don't know what google search you are using but there is definitely nothing official.

A quick search on amazon, target, gamestop and NONE of them have the Collector's Edition advertised. The only one is EBGames Australia as I mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by Twisted Spirit; 2018-03-18 at 11:21 AM.

What gives you the idea that a CE won't exist? We've had one literally every single expansion including Vanilla. They just come a lot later.

The worst part being Blizzard has no system to let you pre-order a CE and apply it to your account ahead of time for those pre-order bonuses (like playing Allied Races this expansion or DHs last expansion). Their best "idea" is to buy a digital copy, then buy the CE and apply it, ask a GM to remove the first key, then you can "give it to a friend".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The worst part being Blizzard has no system to let you pre-order a CE and apply it to your account ahead of time for those pre-order bonuses (like playing Allied Races this expansion or DHs last expansion). Their best "idea" is to buy a digital copy, then buy the CE and apply it, ask a GM to remove the first key, then you can "give it to a friend".
    Yeah this is honestly a fucking terrible system and I have no idea why they don't improve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Their store page or announcement or whatever says that details for the CE will be revealed later.

Personally I'm planning on forgoing the CE (for the first time in about a decade) because I'm sick of missing out on the prepurchase unlocks and they still haven't come up with a decent workaround beyond "buy the game twice and give a code to your friend or resell it on ebay."

They do have Standard boxed editions available for prepurchase in Europe -- you get the box with no disc and it just includes the upgrade code. But so far that's only Standard Edition, and only in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You've seen it on EBG AU as preorder 'soon', which is a fairly strong indicator that it's going to exist. They're probably still assessing the details of the collector's release. It does seem to be running behind the usual schedule. There's no reason it won't exist.
    It's not behind schedule just yet. Legion's CE was announced about 5.5 months before release. I'm expecting we'll hear about it before the end of the first week of April.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post

There will be one, but they won't release pre-orders till they have a confirmed release date.