Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion killed PvP for me because I don't have time for that between grinding locals and grinding M+. I've always did PvP in my free time. I'm mostly PvE guy, but after I did raids, I had nothing else to do to improve my character, so I spent that time getting some fun in the game: leveling alts, PvP. Now I can't allow myself to get fun in this game, including PvP.

That said, I spent some time doing battlegrounds and arenas. I must admit that they did a good work. It's the best PvP I've ever had in WoW. It's a pity I can't allow myself more time for PvP.

I finally got a character to prestige 2 after the entire expansion. Was able to prestige 1 on like 6 chars, and 1 is almost prestige 2. Prestige levels just killed pvp for me, way too grindy.

Deleted
    Pvp rewards are stupid but pvp gameplay is better then ever Before i never liked idea of pvp gear... Somebody kill just because im in pve that is bullshit now when There is no specific pvp gear nobody even touch in bg when im playing my balance

I am at prestige 7. I did bgs for a while last summer before I got my current job. Now I normally just take the time to do the 500 honor wq vua the wq completion thing.

and as a bonus this one actually turned the character into the mount, much like the Sandstone Drake, allowing players to carry a passenger.
    Ummmm, yeah, no. There's only two mounts that turn you into the actual mount (discounting Travel form glyph and Tarecgosa staff), and most especially one that lets another player ride, and that's Obsidian Nightwing and Sandstone Drake. And Nightwing is an RAF mount, not a Store mount. As much as I loved Winged Guardian, I'm decently sure that was never really a feature, even during datamining.

Edit: They fixed the post. Noice.
    Last edited by Chaoticflame; 2018-03-19 at 03:23 AM.

Legion pvp wasn't as fun as other expansions (IMO) I think the only thing that could have made it fun for me, is old AV where you could grind for hours in a single BG.

Yeah, haven't got Prestige 2 on any of my characters yet, it's just not worth the time - even with the daily autocompletes on specific classes - and it's not fun.

The pvp double honor weeks are probably the only time it actually feels reasonable worth doing pvp, with the quest reward and all.

Also marks of honor and gear being rng, and heavily biased on whether you win or not.... yeah I'm not going to lose my way to a set of gear while literally every other person on forums goes "I got mine in a day, you're lying/overreacting/bad!"

Deleted
    PVP LOL, what is that? The reward system is the most retarded thing in the game...
    There are two options: one, you are a normal player = you get almost nothing or PVP is your life and you are above 2.4k on rbgs and arenas and maybe you will get some good looking shit...
    99% will never reach this 2.4k anyway. SO what chance do you have to get anything from PVP?
    GG Blizzard the Overwatch system is far more better.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    I finally got a character to prestige 2 after the entire expansion. Was able to prestige 1 on like 6 chars, and 1 is almost prestige 2. Prestige levels just killed pvp for me, way too grindy.

What a complete and utter pile of nonsense.

If you are only rank 2 pvp was dead for you long before prestige became an issue.

Deleted
    I don't understand why Prestige isn't account wide. Its basically the same as honorable kills, showing nothing but amount of time invested, yet honorable kills are account wide. With allied races offering new exciting race/class combinations many will reroll (or have rerolled with pre-order), now because its not account-wide they have to grind Prestige from 0.

In legion i have only been doing a couple random bgs weekly, but most of the pvp world quests.

I hit prestige 25 on jan 18th.
    Last edited by Flamez2; 2018-03-18 at 08:04 AM.
    Signature made by

PvP is never going to make a comeback , it was scrapped with Legion. No matter what they do they can't bring it back at this point they just don't care for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Having been prestige 25 for a while as a casual PVP player, I have to wonder about all the complaints from people about the system.
    Even though it is a grind, and I won't argue against that, it still has rewards I enjoy: gold/mounts/titles/xmog/AP.
    The biggest problem with it is that it's character-based. If you want X reward, you pick one character and grind that one exclusively. I leveled my DH a bit to get one of the PvP weapon appearances and did a little more with the auto-complete on ones that gave resources/transmog tokens. Then I hit prestige and got a duplicate mount. After a duplicate pet.

If the rewards were tokens that you could pick one, it would be a lot better. You still get mounts every, say, 4 prestige, but it also then lets you play a different character if you want, instead of say getting to prestige 12, deciding you want to play your paladin and then have to grind to prestige 16 for the next mount, getting duplicates of all the other rewards along the way.

(The numbers are incorrect and just thrown in as examples to make the point)

Deleted
    I dont why you all started complaining here? I bet half of you even are not pvp players to say something worth about PvP system. ''PvP is never going to be like it was" When it was perfect? The one good thing happened in Legion, from my humble opinion is PvP talent system. Now we are more flexible, we can take control of our entire play-style through the possibility of dynamically changing our both talents and pvp talents before every specific fight (against melees, ranges, tanks, cc-masters) What was in previous expansions? You just got your gear, balance your mastery and expertise values, put some gems and enchantments and thats all! You couldn't change anything, you just go every fight (no matter arenas or BG) with the same set of abilities and talents. So exciting. Yes, it has its advantages, but the current system has more and moreover it has the potential to develop. Blizzard should give us more customization with these talents so we can have dozen of builds for every spec. When im talking about customization, im not talking about boring reforging system, especially when mastery and expertise are gone. Why we need these numbers, when we can have talents completely changing our play-style.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    They should make them account bound really. It doesn't make sense to have them character bound. It's not an arena rating.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaha View Post
    I dont why you all started complaining here? I bet half of you even are not pvp players to say something worth about PvP system. ''PvP is never going to be like it was" When it was perfect? The one good thing happened in Legion, from my humble opinion is PvP talent system. Now we are more flexible, we can take control of our entire play-style through the possibility of dynamically changing our both talents and pvp talents before every specific fight (against melees, ranges, tanks, cc-masters) What was in previous expansions? You just got your gear, balance your mastery and expertise values, put some gems and enchantments and thats all! You couldn't change anything, you just go every fight (no matter arenas or BG) with the same set of abilities and talents. So exciting. Yes, it has its advantages, but the current system has more and moreover it has the potential to develop. Blizzard should give us more customization with these talents so we can have dozen of builds for every spec. When im talking about customization, im not talking about boring reforging system, especially when mastery and expertise are gone. Why we need these numbers, when we can have talents completely changing our play-style.
    I agree, I liked pvp in Legion. The system does need some tweeks and polish though, but I think it is a good base to start with. I think the brawls were a good addition.

Could not care less about PVP.

That prestige chart doesn't surprise me lol wonder how many people actually pvp on a regular basis.

Also, WINGED GUARDIAN LEVIOSA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what prestige level is.

Deleted
    The only reason I have a few levels of prestige is that I can auto complete a pvp world quest every day with my crystal from the class hall. I bet I'm far from the only one