Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Putin wins the election!!!!

The big question now was there 80% voter turnout or not!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    He's almost as popular in Russia as Sauli Niinistö was in the Finnish presidential election.

Still, it's nice to see the resident russophobes being butthurt about this. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    He's almost as popular in Russia as Sauli Niinistö was in the Finnish presidential election.

Still, it's nice to see the resident russophobes being butthurt about this. Carry on.
    Is there anyone who thought he would lose? Of course not. Does that mean it's best for the longevity of Russia or the stability of the western world? Of course not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The big question now was there 80% voter turnout or not!
    I'm guessing there might have been as much as 147% of voter turnout in some areas.

Putinistas are rather naive as to how their president wins elections. And it's not through popularity.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I bet Russia interfered with this election.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Putin continuing to rule Russia, after already doing so for 20 years, going to “butthurt russophobes”? Him being the dictator of Russia is sort of the point... but, you might want to ask why your reply was illogical, to just call out ”butthurt russophobes”. Think about what drives you to act this way...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I bet Russia interfered with this election.
    Almost a good joke... I’ll make it better...

I bet Russians didn’t interfered with this election.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Is there anyone who thought he would lose? Of course not. Does that mean it's best for the longevity of Russia or the stability of the western world? Of course not.
    "Crimea is now part of the Russian Federation, so let’s not kid ourselves. And I advise the Ukrainians not to kid themselves, either. It will remain part of Russia and will never become part of Ukraine in the foreseeable future. Is the Crimea a ham sandwich or something that you can take and give it back? No, I don’t believe so.”
    -- Aleksei Navalny

15+ Year Old Account
    "Crimea is now part of the Russian Federation, so let’s not kid ourselves. And I advise the Ukrainians not to kid themselves, either. It will remain part of Russia and will never become part of Ukraine in the foreseeable future. Is the Crimea a ham sandwich or something that you can take and give it back? No, I don’t believe so.”
    -- Aleksei Navalny
    Yes, dictators take what they want and do what they want. That's the root of the word, dictator. Tells everyone what they want and doesn't give a rat's ass what anyone else wants.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Yes, dictators take what they want and do what they want. That's the root of the word, dictator. Tells everyone what they want and doesn't give a rat's ass what anyone else wants.
    You're being a bit too rude towards Mr. Navalny, I think.

what's to be butthurt over? Russians love them some autocracy so this is surprising to absolutely no one.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're being a bit too rude towards Mr. Navalny, I think.
    Someone should put him in jail... oh wait... lol

Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny jailed for third time this year
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...eturns-to-jail
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-03-18 at 02:54 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    Adorable!

Some members of the winter swimming club 'Polar Bear' dressed up in costumes to cast their votes on Sunday

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Adorable!

Some members of the winter swimming club 'Polar Bear' dressed up in costumes to cast their votes on Sunday
    You are permitted to wear a mask, while voting in Russia? I guess it doesn’t matter...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are permitted to wear a mask, while voting in Russia? I guess it doesn’t matter...
    She has to take it off, she can wear whatever she damn pleases while standing in line.

-- Aleksei Navalny
    I'm not entirely sure what your point is other than random deflection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Someone should put him in jail... oh wait... lol

Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny jailed for third time this year
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...eturns-to-jail
    Yes, Putin is definitely the better choice, here... for Russia, at least. Probably not for the western russophobes, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Putin is definitely the better choice, here... for Russia, at least. Probably not for the western russophobes, though.
    When you control everything, jailing all your opponents and dissidents can be pretty easy huh? Also makes it really easy to make people think the other party is filled with criminals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Adorable!

Did any of these openly gay people get beaten up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what your point is other than random deflection.
    Ok, I shall clarify. You said that Putin wouldn't be the best choice for Russia. However, the alternatives, including the much-cherished-in-the-west Navalny, hold the same position about Crimea and Ukraine as Putin does. Which is also the most popular position among the Russian people, by far. Thus, even without Putin, whoever became elected via popular vote would be someone at odds with the west regarding this issue. The western stance towards Russia thus wouldn't become any more favorable; the only difference would be that Russia would have a weaker/less powerful president with lesser ability to fight against the western aggression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    If you love an authoritarian oligarch sure, lol

First time I see a Finn who likes Russia.