Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    When you control everything, jailing all your opponents and dissidents can be pretty easy huh? Also makes it really easy to make people think the other party is filled with criminals.
    It's often pretty easy to jail someone who's obviously committing crimes, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    First time I see a Finn who likes Russia.
    Plot twist: he's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you love an authoritarian oligarch sure, lol

People are allowed to love an "authoritarian oligarch", if they want.

I'm not exactly a fan of Russia; I just don't have irrational fear towards Russia, either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Plot twist: he's not.
    Mistä teitä vainoharhaisia pellejä sikiää? No, ainakin kiva tietää, että vasta-argumentoijat ovat vainoharhaisia. Kun vastapuoli on täynnä irrationaalisia luulotautisia, niin mikäpä olis parempi todiste, että itse on oikeassa.

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-03-18 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    140% victory!

All in all, I think these elections were pretty democratic in the strict sense of the word. I think 9 in 10 Russians are shilling for Putin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Yes, when everyone else disagrees with you, it is they who are delusional.
    I think you missed the part I was replying to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I don't particularly care.
    Yes, another defining quality of "your side". Keep em coming. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Yes, Putin is definitely the better choice, here... for Russia, at least. Probably not for the western russophobes, though.
    Yes, it sucks for these Russia phobes, that Putin’s opponents end up jail. Strange thing to celebrate... but, you do you...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not exactly a fan of Russia; I just don't have irrational fear towards Russia, either.
    Well, no... in fact, you celebrate what they fear...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, another defining quality of "your side". Keep em coming. :P
    There are sides?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I'm shocked..... SHOCKED!!!1

This is the primary success of Putin's regime, particularly with the recent turn toward media manipulation: that any negative feelings toward Russia is irrational fear.

Over here in the US, this has manifested through machinations that have painted the skepticism of Russia in almost a comical absurdity - with mentions of Russian manipulation seen almost as more absurd than Godwining on the internet, despite their factual basis. We seem to have completely forgotten that only 10 years ago, the intelligence agencies of the world were warning that Russia was building the infrastructure and the capabilities to do exactly what we see them doing today. 10 years before that, we were watching Putin's coalescing of power and semi-legal navigation of the political power structure and remarking on it worriedly. Today, he has undeniably and verifiably destabilized a significant chunk of Europe, and yet we're having to fight an information war of whether or not Russia is doing anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Goddammit, I bet on the other guy.
    Who was the other guy?

If you love an authoritarian oligarch sure, lol

There's a sizable number of Russians who fled from USSR. Why they'd cheer at Putin however....No idea whatsoever. Maybe they made a wrong choice in not staying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Is there anyone who thought he would lose? Of course not. Does that mean it's best for the longevity of Russia or the stability of the western world? Of course not.
    Couldn't be any less stability for Euros to have Merkel and life long leaders as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    People are allowed to love an "authoritarian oligarch", if they want.

]
    Does not stop criticism towards them. And where are you seeing any irrational fear here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    There's a sizable number of Russians who fled from USSR. Why they'd cheer at Putin however....No idea whatsoever. Maybe they made a wrong choice in not staying.
    Authoritarianism is okay when its your 'guy' or your 'side, duh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Did Putin even have any political rivals to contend with? I figured he would have assassinated them all by now.

Hopefully the Y'all-Qaeda types go back to their caves once half of the world gets over its edgy fascist fad.

Deleted
    As if there was ever any doubt. Problem with Russia is there are no viable candidates. That is caused by everyone joining into one big party, the only people not in that party are either western shills or commies.

Also I wonder why there is no coverage in western media about Ukraine using military to completely block Russian embassy to prevent all Russian living in Ukraine from voting. Ukraine is now such a pinnacle of democracy, totally not a corrupt shithole, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Also I wonder why there is no coverage in western media about Ukraine using military to completely block Russian embassy to prevent all Russian living in Ukraine from voting. Ukraine is now such a pinnacle of democracy, totally not a corrupt shithole, right?
    It is okay when its your 'guy' or your 'side, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    As if there was ever any doubt. Problem with Russia is they keep assassinating viable candidates.
    Fixed for you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

All hail the aging dictator! lol

This is gonna go reaaaaaaaal well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is okay when its your 'guy' or your 'side, duh.
    Pot calls the kettle black. Putin and his pet lackey Medvedev should be spending eternity in jail for everything they stole. Medvedev is so hilariously corrupt that not even your stock vatnik would consider him clean.

Eventually they both will get strung up by the balls posthumously or maybe even while they are alive and instead of them another corrupt bunch will come and then another... It's how Russia works for hundreds of years, give plebs a living icon to pray at and they will be happy swimming in their own shit.