Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    this is kinda funny. Obamas guy, the FBI inspector general recommended that McCabe gets fired, but hey lets BLAME TRUMP!
    More conspiratorial ramblings from the conservative braintrust alluding to widespread Obama Killary Change Agent Holdover hive mind in all edifices of government.

The sanctimony from John Brennan is just ridiculous. Brennan tweeted:
    When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America ... America will triumph over you
    This is from this guy:
    In June 2011, Brennan claimed that US counter-terrorism operations had not resulted in "a single collateral death" in the past year because of the "precision of the capabilities that we’ve been able to develop."[37][38] Nine months later, Brennan claimed he had said "we had no information" about any civilian, noncombatant deaths during the timeframe in question.[38][39] The Bureau of Investigative Journalism disagreed with Brennan, citing their own research[40] that initially led them to believe that 45 to 56 civilians, including six children, had been killed by ten US drone strikes during the year-long period in question.[38] Additional research led the Bureau to raise their estimate to 76 deaths, including eight children and two women.[38] According to the Bureau, Brennan's claims "do not appear to bear scrutiny."[38] The Atlantic has been harsher in its criticism, saying that "Brennan has been willing to lie about those drone strikes to hide ugly realities."[41]
    Whether you want to call it the "deep state" or use some other term, it's clear that various spook agencies really do believe that should be basically immune from any sort of real scrutiny and that those who oppose them are effectively enemies of America. Whatever.

Anyway, McCabe being dismissed in this fashion is obviously a deliberately vindictive move. Denying that is a weird tic on the part of Republicans and a bad look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Whether you want to call it the "deep state" or use some other term, it's clear that various spook agencies really do believe that should be basically immune from any sort of real scrutiny and that those who oppose them are effectively enemies of America. Whatever.
    This is scrutiny coming from the president. The guy who for over a year has been acting like he is beyond scrutiny. The whole point there is Trump wanting to be immune... not some other agency. This is a bizarre reverse of what is actually happening.

Bitching about deep state, while Trump fires people while complaining about the Russian investigation. Blind faith...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    More conspiratorial ramblings from the conservative braintrust alluding to widespread Obama Killary Change Agent Holdover hive mind in all edifices of government.
    If only we had a president who would be like minded with Trump and can appoint his own people. I know, spending a fortune of Tex payer money to play golf at your own property is far more important.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump did his usual twitter rant, here are the highlights:

As the House Intelligence Committee has concluded, there was no collusion between Russia and the Trump Campaign. As many are now finding out, however, there was tremendous leaking, lying and corruption at the highest levels of the FBI, Justice & State.
    The Fake News is beside themselves that McCabe was caught, called out and fired. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars was given to wife’s campaign by Crooked H friend, Terry M, who was also under investigation? How many lies? How many leaks? Comey knew it all, and much more!
    The Mueller probe should never have been started in that there was no collusion and there was no crime. It was based on fraudulent activities and a Fake Dossier paid for by Crooked Hillary and the DNC, and improperly used in FISA COURT for surveillance of my campaign. WITCH HUNT!
    Spent very little time with Andrew McCabe, but he never took notes when he was with me. I don’t believe he made memos except to help his own agenda, probably at a later date. Same with lying James Comey. Can we call them Fake Memos?
    Why does the Mueller team have 13 hardened Democrats, some big Crooked Hillary supporters, and Zero Republicans? Another Dem recently added...does anyone think this is fair? And yet, there is NO COLLUSION!
    Yet, @Spectral claims it’s the deep state that has a problem with being investigated? I guess the president is as deep as you can get...

Just a reminder, since Trump is bitching about Hillary donations. Trump’s own family donated 500 million to Clinton Foundation. Trump had Clintons at his fucking wedding...
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-03-18 at 02:48 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Firing someone two days before retirement looks vindictive, even more so when Trump tweeted something a while back about how McCabe was coasting to a nice retirement package.

You don't have to be a genius to connect the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yet, @Spectral claims it’s the deep state that has a problem with being investigated? I guess the president is as deep as you can get...
    This is just whataboutism. I'm not claiming that Trump is a good guy or a victim, I'm noting that Brennan is a murderous, lying fuck and that his righteous indignation is what one would expect from the sclerotic institutions that truly believe that they're above scrutiny. Trump also believing he's above scrutiny doesn't change that.

This is just whataboutism.
    No it is not - he's simply highlighting exactly why you are a double-standard hypocrite.

Whataboutism is somehow using your posts as a distracting point to avoid talking about the issue. He's doing the exact opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just whataboutism. I'm not claiming that Trump is a good guy or a victim, I'm noting that Brennan is a murderous, lying fuck and that his righteous indignation is what one would expect from the sclerotic institutions that truly believe that they're above scrutiny. Trump also believing he's above scrutiny doesn't change that.
    Is Brennan or Comey or McCabe being investigated and trying to hinder it in any way? I just quoted Trump talking about the firing being about the Russian investigation and specifically about collusion. It cannot be whataboutism, when I am saying you are wrong and ignoring it happening. There is no what about, Trump is the only one actively trying to hinder the investigation.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    No it is not - he's simply highlighting exactly why you are a double-standard hypocrite.

Whataboutism is somehow using your posts as a distracting point to avoid talking about the issue. He's doing the exact opposite.
    This is absolutely moronic. There's no double standard and you're not going to find me defending Trump anywhere. We just have a lot of liars around here that have settled on criticism of our intelligence agencies somehow being a defense of Trump. It's actually kind of funny how many of the same people were well aware that the spooks aren't actually good guys just a couple years ago. Skroe has at least always been all in on intelligence and law enforcement agencies being heroes, but the number of people that have done an about-face is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

I’m not saying ‘what about Trump’... I saying he is making shit up and showing him he is ignoring it actually happening. I am saying it is different, not that it’s the same... he is ignoring my post to reply with nonesense... that’s my job...

Is Brennan or Comey or McCabe being investigated and trying to hinder it in any way? I just quoted Trump talking about the firing being about the Russian investigation and specifically about collusion. It cannot be whataboutism, when I am saying you are wrong and ignoring it happening. There is no what about, Trump is the only one actively trying to hinder the investigation.
    My post that you quoted didn't say anything positive or defensive regarding Trump. Read it again. See if there's anything you can find that would plausibly be read as a defense of Trump. I'm addressing the part where someone as morally vacuous as Brennan being taken seriously as a promoter of anything virtuous is just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is absolutely moronic. There's no double standard and you're not going to find me defending Trump anywhere. We just have a lot of liars around here that have settled on criticism of our intelligence agencies somehow being a defense of Trump. It's actually kind of funny how many of the same people were well aware that the spooks aren't actually good guys just a couple years ago. Skroe has at least always been all in on intelligence and law enforcement agencies being heroes, but the number of people that have done an about-face is ridiculous.
    I am clearly showing a double standard... do I need to wait for you to admit it? I don’t think I do... I linked what Trump said the firing was about, while you are complaining that intelligence agency is acting like they are above the law. Nothing you showed actually proves it, you just copied what Trump is actually doing and then blamed it on the deep state.

McCabe is not trying to impede the investigation of FBI...

- - - Updated - - -

My post that you quoted didn't say anything positive or defensive regarding Trump. Read it again. See if there's anything you can find that would plausibly be read as a defense of Trump. I'm addressing the part where someone as morally vacuous as Brennan being taken seriously as a promoter of anything virtuous is just ridiculous.
    Why are you defending your support of Trump, instead of addressing what I said? I don’t give a shit if you say you support Trump or not. I’m showing what is happening and what you are doing, I don’t care if you consider your self a Trump supporter. Quit trying to change the subject...

Edit: Just read my reply to you... did not call you Trump supporter or any of the shit you just responded to. WTF???
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-03-18 at 03:08 PM.

I am clearly showing a double standard... do I need to wait for you to admit it? I don’t think I do... I linked what Trump said the firing was about, while you are complaining that intelligence agency is acting like they are above the law. Nothing you showed actually proves it, you just copied what Trump is actually doing and then blamed it on the deep state.

McCabe is not trying to impede the investigation of FBI...
    Brennan seems deeply aggrieved that McCabe was fired. What Trump said really isn't relevant to Brennan's ridiculous preening.
    Why are you defending your support of Trump, instead of addressing what I said? I don’t give a shit if you say you support Trump or not. I’m showing what is happening and what you are doing, I don’t care if you consider your self a Trump supporter. Quit trying to change the subject...
    This is absolutely delusional. Nothing I've written supports Trump in anyway whatsoever. Like, I don't know how to address it because you're just kind of making up shit that you seem to think I've written or believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brennan seems deeply aggrieved that McCabe was fired. What Trump said really isn't relevant to Brennan's ridiculous preening.
    No, what Brennan said is not relevant to what the President of the US is doing. That’s the double standard, you want us to talk about Brennan, but when pointing to president of US reason for doing what he did, it’s not relevant? How? I will repeat again... Neither McCabe or Comey are impeding any investigation into FBI...

This is absolutely delusional. Nothing I've written supports Trump in anyway whatsoever. Like, I don't know how to address it because you're just kind of making up shit that you seem to think I've written or believe.
    Yet, you continue to bitch about your support of Trump, instead of addressing the point? I don’t care if support Trump or not, didn’t say you did. You quoted me saying you are defending your support of Trump to distract from the subject and you are still doing it. I don’t care if you do it as a Trump loyalist or just to argue... I do think it’s fucked that your are doing it...

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to argue at this point. Maybe I'm just being dense, I genuinely can't parse what you're trying to get me to address though. I guess that'll be that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluded View Post
    Bye bye Ruissian collusion. Bye bye Mueller.
    Trumpkins have been saying this since the investigation started. "Don't worry, the investigation is going to fall apart tomorrow!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deluded View Post
    Bye bye Ruissian collusion. Bye bye Mueller.
    Deluded indeed.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no idea what you're trying to argue at this point. Maybe I'm just being dense, I genuinely can't parse what you're trying to get me to address though. I guess that'll be that.
    Obviously not... instead of asking to clarify anything, you just drop this. WTF?

Post more about how FBI believes they are above scrutiny, after McCabe and Comey are fired within around a year. You have to bring in something irrelevant to the topic to try and present this “deepstate” bullshit, because posting how FBI is above scrutiny, in a thread about McCabe being fired, is absurd.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-03-18 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trumpkins have been saying this since the investigation started. "Don't worry, the investigation is going to fall apart tomorrow!"
    And then more people get indicted.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And then more people get indicted.
    and pleaded guilty. Such nothing burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    When you elect a reality TV star, some people might be inclined to think this will play out like on TV. Wait for the conclusion after the commercials, instead of the reality where investigations like these can take months or years.