Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassanova Frankenstein View Post
    Stark doesn't yet have anyone to pass his mantle on to yet.
    *Cough* Spiderman *Cough*

Deleted
    Or they could go the comic route and give the suit to someone else, now who got introduced in the last MCU film that is simultaneously a tech wizard and the correct race/gender to follow on from one of the latest comic iterations of Iron Man?

I wonder.......

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Or they could go the comic route and give the suit to someone else, now who got introduced in the last MCU film that is simultaneously a tech wizard and the correct race/gender to follow on from one of the latest comic iterations of Iron Man?

I wonder.......
    No one was suggesting Spiderman was gonna be wearing the Ironman suit btw

You must have missed the father-son type stuff in home coming/civil war

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The feels in this post are so raw. Battfleck was fine tho.
    The saddest part of that movie was Affleck being the best part OF it.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    No one was suggesting Spiderman was gonna be wearing the Ironman suit btw

You must have missed the father-son type stuff in home coming/civil war
    No I got that, thought you guys were discussing who was gonna take over the Iron Man suit, my bad.

No I got that, thought you guys were discussing who was gonna take over the Iron Man suit, my bad.
    My guess would be they retire the character for awhile out of respect then introduce a new one later on down the line.

Deleted
    My guess would be they retire the character for awhile out of respect then introduce a new one later on down the line.
    Perhaps, but Shuri is the same age (or thereabouts) of Spiderman, could quite easily be part of the new younger Avengers.

Perhaps, but Shuri is the same age (or thereabouts) of Spiderman, could quite easily be part of the new younger Avengers.
    Thats a very good shout. Could see her taking Ironman shoes teen titan style

*Cough* Spiderman *Cough*
    Oh, you mean the kid who had to get someone else to do all his tech work for him even in his own movie? Yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because we were.

Oh, you mean the kid who had to get someone else to do all his tech work for him? Yeah.
    Because part of spidermans arc in home coming was being ignored by the avengers and finding his own feet in the world. Which turns out in the end he rejects the avengers to look after the little guy.

It also was set up to give us the awesome scene when RDJ DID step out of the suit rather than calling him. "If you really cared you would be here" *Out walks RDJ* "If you're nothing without the suit then you shouldnt have it" it was a cool scene which wouldnt have happened without being ignored earlier in the film

- - - Updated - - -

That's because we were.
    Dont speak for me and Galla, I didnt mean spiderman would be wearing a metal suit, that doesnt even work. And im sure galla ment the same

QUestion for some more knowledgeble fans. How does Surtur compare to Thanos in terms of power? Or full powered Surtur vs Odin ? I'm so curious how he scales at full power with other powerful beings.

Its just a theory. One that will happen. Its pretty obvious when you've seen all the MCU films
    Just a theory vs., as Gallahadd stated "confirmed" are stupendously different though.

I think what's obvious is that Spider-man will be a main part of the team, but actually leading the team seems a long way away. So no, it's neither obvious nor sensible to me, hence curious where this was 'confirmed'.

The guy is still in high-school and trying to figure out how to play hero. I don't understand why people wouldn't conclude the next team leader will be Cap 2.0 - Bucky or Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Just a theory vs., as Gallahadd stated "confirmed" are stupendously different though.

I think what's obvious is that Spider-man will be a main part of the team, but actually leading the team seems a long way away. So no, it's neither obvious nor sensible to me, hence curious where this was 'confirmed'.

The guy is still in high-school and trying to figure out how to play hero. I don't understand why people wouldn't conclude the next team leader will be Cap 2.0 - Bucky or Falcon.
    I'm not sure about this confirmed spidey being the leader either.

All I was saying is that Ironman is gonna die and spiderman will be there to witness it. People can fill in their own blanks and meaning behind it for all I care

- - - Updated - - -

And my theory for how they beat thanos is that Gamora/Nebula play a key role in taking him down, plus a betrayal from his black order stopping him getting all the stones at once even though he technically collects them all. And Captain Marvel shows up in the next film and falcon punches him to finish him off

I think the Captain America line of movies has shown they don't need the Avengers title, though I think it's a solid seller obviously. I don't see Bucky or Falcon leading, if I had to lay bets it'd be Captain Marvel, but not sure they'd gamble on that before her movie. I really can't see Thor, Scarlet Witch or Vision listening to Spiderman though. Really, Hawkeye would be the most leader-ish, but they have set him up to avoid such a fate.

Black Panther could fit, but he's got a nation to lead so it feels off, but I guess it happens in the comics often enough. Shuri as Ironheart could work fine, but again she probably has more tech in Wakanda, so... why bother?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Because part of spidermans arc in home coming was being ignored by the avengers and finding his own feet in the world. Which turns out in the end he rejects the avengers to look after the little guy.
    What the fuck does that have to do with anything I said? Jesus Christ, you live in your own little world.

Dont speak for me and Galla, I didnt mean spiderman would be wearing a metal suit, that doesnt even work. And im sure galla ment the same
    You fucking decided to speak for me, so how about you just fuck off with your self-righteous indignation?

And I don't care what delusional world you live in, but that is what was being discussed. Tony Stark doesn't have anyone to "pass on the mantle" too since his "superpower" is his technological genius for building power suits, not just wearing one. If that's the case, then fucking Black Panther or his little sister are more of a "pass the torch" character than Spider-Man is. Or hell, even fucking Banner since he could probably actually build one of his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you read this?
    It was mentioned a few times, shortly after the release of Homecoming. 30 seconds of Google-Fu gave me this link and about 5 others, with various different phrasing of the same quote.

Worth noting: When I said the phase was going to be Spider Lead, I did not AT ALL mean that he would be leading the Avengers, or anything like that. I meant that he would be playing a core role in the phase, and would be an important figure in the MCU going forth. Not that he would have any kind of leadership position in any teams. Mostly because the leader of the MCU Avengers has always been Captain America, and I have a feeling he'll survive IW and A4.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

What the fuck does that have to do with anything I said? Jesus Christ, you live in your own little world.

You fucking decided to speak for me, so how about you just fuck off with your self-righteous indignation?

And I don't care what delusional world you live in, but that is what was being discussed. Tony Stark doesn't have anyone to "pass on the mantle" too since his "superpower" is his technological genius for building power suits, not just wearing one. If that's the case, then fucking Black Panther or his little sister are more of a "pass the torch" character than Spider-Man is. Or hell, even fucking Banner since he could probably actually build one of his own.
    Way to keep it civil, chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Worth noting: When I said the phase was going to be Spider Lead, I did not AT ALL mean that he would be leading the Avengers, or anything like that. I meant that he would be playing a core role in the phase, and would be an important figure in the MCU going forth. Not that he would have any kind of leadership position in any teams. Mostly because the leader of the MCU Avengers has always been Captain America, and I have a feeling he'll survive IW and A4.
    Ahhhhhh. Yeah, okay, I got you and agree

Careful you'll pull something if you keep up like that

Stark doesn't yet have anyone to pass his mantle on to yet. Cap has Bucky, and Thor has Valkyrie. Those are the most likely candidates for dying.
    Here's a theory:

We have Shuri there.

What's the last two letters of her name? Ri.

Who takes over Ironman for a bit in the comics? Riri

BAM! Shuri's new nickname is Riri and there you go!

Fuck it, I'm out.

I'm late to the party on the trailer but I think it's fantastic.

The shot of Steve Rogers and Thanos 1v1 might just be the greatest shot in the MCU.

These Marvel films are one of the most female friendly mainstream franchises ever.