Poll: Sylvanas indirectly killed Varian:

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    By keeping them alive so they may die some day?
    100% of people who drank water at least once has died. Coincidence? I think not!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It's neither. It can't be an opinion. Either she did or she didn't. So that one is out of the question. Now did she? No, so it's not a fact that she did.

Did you play the Rogue storyline?
    Broken shore was a Legion deathtrap that was meant to destroy all of Azeroth's leadership at once.
    If Sylvannas didn't pull out, that would've been the end for everybody.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas retreaded to save the Horde, not at the expense of the Alliance because they can retreat too. Varian wanted to be a hero and one-shot a fel reaver, Sylvanas didn't force him to do that and when he was on the ground with the airship flying away he was fucked.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is pretty smart, and very very cunning. No one can deny that.
    Meaning, she knew very well what would probably happen if the Horde abandoned their post.
    Thankfully for the Alliance (and sadly for her), it was only Varian who died, instead of all the leaders.

But anyone would do the same in her position.
    It was the Horde leaders, or the Alliance ones.
    Easy choice for most leaders. Nobrainer for one like Sylvanas.
    Though i doubt Varian (or Saurfang) would do the same, since those two have both balls and honor.

I still dont understand who writes this shit though.
    It is unheard of to have every single vip person on the same spot, especially on the front lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velgrub View Post
    Sylvanas retreaded to save the Horde, not at the expense of the Alliance because they can retreat too. Varian wanted to be a hero and one-shot a fel reaver, Sylvanas didn't force him to do that and when he was on the ground with the airship flying away he was fucked.
    you're being a bit unfair.
    if he hadnt done what he did, all the alliance leaders and present army would be dead for sure.

People seem to conveniently forget it was Vol'jin that told her to retreat.

"Don't let the Horde die here today"

10+ Year Old Account
    fact is alliance fucked entire broken shore - as we see in rogue class hall campaign - and they try to blame anyone else as usual because the 'goody righteous ppl never do wrong'
    and also fact that Lok'tar Ogar seems horde don't understand it well, or missed translation, last i checked it was victory or death, running away for saving 'horde' means that vol'jin never understood what horde truly means, we don't run away, we literally victory or die, even if our death will be because a fucked up from alliance

so seriously if u want to blame 'horde' for varian death, u need to blame alliance 10 times over first, and for vol'jin death too
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its neither face nor opinion that she was indirectly responsible for his death.

She flat out was not responsible at all. Alliance intelligence is most responsible.

And as it was pointed out, Jaina could have just teleported them all but chose not to.
    Teleportation takes time for non-Khadgars and Nightbornes.

Ot:Not Sylvanas alone, the Horde forces in general.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Relative to BfA's plot, it is without a doubt that Anduin misses his father and feels vengeful. Anduin despite being the faction's leader he would not get pulled into war so easily because he found some powerful crystallized blood. He wouldn't assassinate Goblins but rather try for a peaceful negotiation which is his character. He would've never tried to Siege Lordaeron. Greymane must've eventually told him all of the details of how he sacrificed himself and most importantly why: Sylvanas. She had told Varian she'd cover his flank from the ridge along with the rest of the Horde which prompt him to thank her and her wishing him good luck. This point forward if he had lived, the faction war would be over and Sylvanas and Varian would be friends.

However that isn't the case. Seeing Vol'jin suffering from a lethal wound, Baine overwhelmed by Legion forces and Thrall incapacitated, Sylvanas had no choice but to call for immediate retreat causing Varian to do the same as well which led to you know what. Getting to the point one could say Sylvanas caused his death indirectly which could be a fact causing her to be his murderer while another could say Varian scarified himself to save the Alliance but this could be countered since Jaina could've mass teleported everyone away or that Anduin would take over and Jaina, Varian, Genn, Tess and some Alliance soldiers would've died.

Seeing the Broken Shore as the root of the faction war that occurs in BfA if Anduin ever got the chance would he kill Sylvanas to avenge his father? Ask her why did she leave at the Broken Shore which may be the main cause led to Varian's death? What do you think?
    If Sylvanas did not call for retreat, then the Horde would have been wiped. Then the Alliance still had to retreat and Varian still stayed to protect that retreat. So he still died either way.

ITT: we play Butterfly Effect

Fact or opinion: Lore forums are bad for health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    100% of people who drank water at least once has died. Coincidence? I think not!
    All the still born babies who never drank still dead. So much for your "coincidence".

Horrible communication killed Varian. Normally, retreats require a bit more coordination than "I blew my horn. Good luck." After spending so much of their life fighting in a war, you would think they would have some of these basics down already.

The Horde and Alliance went in together but fought alone.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    All the still born babies who never drank still dead. So much for your "coincidence".
    Except my statement didn't mean that water is the only cause of death.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Typical example of confounding variable. It's because when people drink, they also have a meal at the same time, which causes death.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If Varian let Thrall kill Garrosh, then Gul'dan wouldn't be here. That means Varian killed himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    you're being a bit unfair.
    if he hadnt done what he did, all the alliance leaders and present army would be dead for sure.
    I disagree, if Sylvanas stayed and didn't call the Horde to retreat, everybody would have died.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velgrub View Post
    I disagree, if Sylvanas stayed and didn't call the Horde to retreat, everybody would have died.
    That's the best possible outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Or, you know.. We could blame Jaina for playing stupid politics and not being around to help when major shit went down. She could have easily saved almost everyone.
    she was there at the broken shore, varian and vol'jin both died for no other reason than blizzard wanted them to. she could have easily pulled varian and the rest of the alliance troops away from the field.

anyone that looks at both the cinematics and sees horde fault is an idiot. a flat out idiot, no sugarcoating it. varian didn't have to rambo that fel reaver either, he could have put that power into destroying its hand and freed the airship.

Deleted
    I don't get how people can seriously be so dense. Watch the horde cinematic and you'll know.