Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with this. It means no one can tell me I can't have loot. I earned that loot by helping. It is mine not yours. Go jump off a cliff instead of asking me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You can always trade gear to those people. I raid HC on personal loot and we constantly trade loot to each other.

- - - Updated - - -

On average you get a lot more loot with Personal over Master so that's pretty appealing. The big difference is that personal loot does not give tier tokens but tier pieces so trading tier around was much harder on Personal than it is on Master but BfA has no tier.
    I raid on an alt in a personal loot group that's been clearing Heroic Antorus since the second week it was out and is still wearing 900 ilvl gear from Nighthold. I purple and orange parse for ilvl on it, so the 1.5M dps it does is fine for heroic .... but from my perspective gearing through personal is complete crap if your dice rolls are shit.

Also, I have 970+ gear with garbage stats sitting in bags that I couldn't trade to others that would have loved those stats.

Master loot has the potential to be far more intelligent and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    I'm fine with this. It means no one can tell me I can't have loot. I earned that loot by helping. It is mine not yours. Go jump off a cliff instead of asking me for it.
    and they call those in favor of ML loot whores O.o

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    I raid on an alt in a personal loot group that's been clearing Heroic Antorus since the second week it was out and is still wearing 900 ilvl gear from Nighthold. I purple and orange parse for ilvl on it, so the 1.5M dps it does is fine for heroic .... but from my perspective gearing through personal is complete crap if your dice rolls are shit.

Also, I have 970+ gear with garbage stats sitting in bags that I couldn't trade to others that would have loved those stats.

I certainly see the positives/negatives of both sides. But, clearing Heroic Antorus for almost four months with some spots still at 900 is disappointing. Would you mind sharing your wow armory link? Feel free to send it via private message if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post

it is

and this is why its being removed

it was just way to efficient.

listen to what they said/read recap
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-03-18 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    blizzard have already said they are going to make ilvl more valuable then stats
    Why do people keep bringing this up? This is irrelevant to the issue, and is actually the opposite of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Why do people keep bringing this up? This is irrelevant to the issue, and is actually the opposite of an issue.
    It's also never going to happen. They said it every expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Those aren't split runs. That's just running multiple groups.
    True, but the concept of running more than one group in order to optimize loot is still there is the point I'm getting at.

Sure, you're not running "split runs", but you're running multiple runs to optimize going into Mythic with the best gear you can.

Also, split runs could still very much be a thing, with the potential of players keeping very high iLvl bad trinkets from M+ etc, and then running split runs where all the casters feed the "mains" the good trinket of the tier for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    in legion ive worn whatever the highest ilvl is from the very start of the expansion to the finish and ive never run into any problems lacking a stamina trinket or trinket with defensive cool down is the only minor problem i have run into
    Good for you? Not only is this not much of an issue for some classes, it again, has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, it's a good change because favouritism in guilds is a serious problem, it's actually quite hard to find a guild that doesn't corrupt loot councils, I've been playing this game for more than 12 years, and significant majority of guilds I've been a member of had issues w/ favouritism, even when I wasn't affected by it I saw people being fucked over because they weren't guild veterans, RL friends, etc. It actually makes people think that guilds are worthless and no better than PUGs.

On the other hand, when ML works as intended w/o any fuckery, it's a wonderful system, it allows for a lot of flexibility. Technically, PL may work the same way if you're able to trade your items, however, it's much more time consuming.

what gear are you trying to get people set gear was removed? unless your a mythic raider none of this is required for progression the raids are designed so you can progress with low ilvl gear

not designed so you need to farm the first few bosses before you can do the later bosses lol

kids these days
    Well of course if you're not doing mythic none of it matters, you can do personal and do just fine. The whole point is forcing personal is bad for mythic progression.

and kid... lol, I'm probably older than most people on this forum.
    in legion ive worn whatever the highest ilvl is from the very start of the expansion to the finish and ive never run into any problems lacking a stamina trinket or trinket with defensive cool down is the only minor problem i have run into
    Might work for a tank, but most DPS classes would lose DPS over this. Shadow priest, minus tier, is, if it doesn't have haste, don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it is

and this is why its being removed

it was just way to efficient.

listen to what they said/read recap
    If you're thinking of split runs:

1) Mythic world first guilds are still going to do split runs and now they are gonna use much more time to do it.

2) Blizzard shouldn't remove systems based on world first mythic guilds. They are 0.0001 % of the player base.

For the average mythic raiding guild that just want to gear up the group to progress the raid, I can't see ML being to efficient. Mythic Kil'Jaeden will still be hard as f***.

- - - Updated - - -

unless your a mythic raider

kids these days
    Yes, kids these days are still using your and you're wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    True, but the concept of running more than one group in order to optimize loot is still there is the point I'm getting at.

Sure, you're not running "split runs", but you're running multiple runs to optimize going into Mythic with the best gear you can.

Also, split runs could still very much be a thing, with the potential of players keeping very high iLvl bad trinkets from M+ etc, and then running split runs where all the casters feed the "mains" the good trinket of the tier for example.
    The difference being that the things you listed will have little effect (in the case of playing whichever char gets better rng) or no effect because it's a ridiculous premise (splits for specific gear slots that enough of your raiders happen to have a high ilvl item in from m+).

The more likely outcome is that multiple runs are just used to prepare alts in case some class turns out to be desirable mid-tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha now the splitruns will be x10 dks if you want to equip the main raider DK, and it will be more rewarding because personal loot gives u more loot than master loot so I'm sure this change wont be the splitrunkiller tbh.

So this only hurts the casual and semihardcore guilds so I could bet like 50% of the raiders in the world, the guilds like to have the control of the gear that the raiders get, because it helps to all the group. This just help to erradicate dramatic players (not at all because drama still be an issue), but also erradicate the sense of group gear progression maybe the most valuable player in your guild has a shit luck but the worse has the best luck of the group then there will be an issue.

Deleted
    One thing I really don't like about ML is the feeling of "RL lets you have the loot and hands it to you and you're to be grateful to the almighty RL for being so merciful"

While it usually isn't literally the situation, it surely feels this way to me and I don't like that feeling. I killed the boss and if RNG gives it to me then it's mine and I don't owe anyone.
    Last edited by mmoce16145715c; 2018-03-18 at 10:28 PM.

Guilds should be allowed the choice of weather or not these choose to use PL or ML

10+ Year Old Account
    This'll kill loot council stuff that my guild does, usually works out pretty well. If anything, forced personal loot will save time on divvying up loot I suppose.

With my RNG luck though, my personal loot experience has been: 99.9% gold or AP, .1% loot(that I either already had better of, or couldn't use because it'd be a DPS loss). 8 weeks of alt raiding on personal loot with my DH and Warrior, got absolutely nothing on my own for both of them(only got boots on DH cause someone had better), but only one item during *EIGHT* weeks of 2 alt runs.

Whoo, personal loot's a fun system...
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2018-03-18 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Using split runs as a reason for getting rid of ML is honestly retarded because they're still going to happen. Literally all that will happen will be a transition away from one main and 2-3 alts, to 2 mains and 2 alts; whichever of your main toons gets the most personal loot (weapons/artifact gear/trinkets) will then be your new main for the tier.

Most trash tier players are incapable of understanding the importance of Master Looter in raiding/hard-core raiding environments, as most of them significantly out gear encounters by the time their casual 1-2 night a week guild gets to it. There have been multiple instances throughout past expansions in which tanks have required a certain level of gear to be capable of surviving boss mechanics (e.g. Brackenspore), while the probability of a tank getting little-to-no loot is possible over two weeks, it is a considerable possibility that Master Looter ultimately solves.

All you have to do is look at certain items and their importance on class output, if you're forced into personal loot as a tank and fail to get Aggramar trinket, your usability as a tank for Argus is exponentially diminished.

There is nothing more frustrating and anti-fun as being unable to meet an encounter's throughput requirements because of RNG elements like personal loot dictating everything.
    It already happened in Legion where people would play until their first legendary and make a new character of the same class to try again if it wasn't BiS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    haha now the splitruns will be x10 dks if you want to equip the main raider DK, and it will be more rewarding because personal loot gives u more loot than master loot so I'm sure this change wont be the splitrunkiller tbh.

So this only hurts the casual and semihardcore guilds so I could bet like 50% of the raiders in the world, the guilds like to have the control of the gear that the raiders get, because it helps to all the group. This just help to erradicate dramatic players (not at all because drama still be an issue), but also erradicate the sense of group gear progression maybe the most valuable player in your guild has a shit luck but the worse has the best luck of the group then there will be an issue.
    Except it needs to be equal or lower ilvl then what you already have. And wat the start of a new tier so you can't trade the items.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it feels the lucky people will continue to be lucky (as per usual) and those who are not, won't.
    Don't quote me and tell me "there's no such thing as lucky people/accounts it's all RNG", well there's enough examples of entire accounts being "bugged" where a guy can literally run any content and get the drop he wants.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    can we have your gold ?

but more seriously - nobody besides 5 % will care. its a good change removing toxic elements from game
    I suggest you watch Asmongold's video as to why it's bad. He brings up a lot of valid points. One being that let's say you wipe to a boss 300 times but when you do finally kill it you were forced to bring that one sketchy raider that never shows up or posts out, and was there for maybe 20 pulls, and gets a max ilvl bis item. You think that's fair? That person's reward should be being able to coin the boss, not take good loot from people that put in way more effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    For me it feels the lucky people will continue to be lucky (as per usual) and those who are not, won't.
    Don't quote me and tell me "there's no such thing as lucky people/accounts it's all RNG", well there's enough examples of entire accounts being "bugged" where a guy can literally run any content and get the drop he wants.
    Yep was a guy in my old guild that titanforged everything he got. He quit for 2 months, came back, and was still more geared than a lot of people.
    Last edited by muto; 2018-03-18 at 10:55 PM.