Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Their own people might. When the abnormal is seen year after year it becomes normal.
    I doubt it even they know Putin will always win.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I doubt it even they know Putin will always win.
    He'll win as long as they believe he will. If Russians ever find their balls and unite to out him he'll be gone, but of course they have to stop falling for the old "only putin can save us" myth. For now the tragedy continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    He'll win as long as they believe he will. If Russians ever find their balls and unite to out him he'll be gone. For now the tragedy continues.
    There is not much they can do without major bloodshed, Putin will always rig the elections so that he wins. Russia is no different than North Korea in many ways and it seems a lot of Russians have resigned themselves to how things are.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There is not much they can do without major bloodshed, Putin will always rig the elections so that he wins. Russia is no different than North Korea in many ways and it seems a lot of Russians have resigned themselves to how things are.
    Possibly yes, I certainly wouldn't expect him to go willingly.

Deleted
    In 2020, many international observers will discover irregularities during the US elections that end with Trump getting re-elected. In 2024, Trump will modify the US constitution to allow for unlimited terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    He'll win as long as they believe he will. If Russians ever find their balls and unite to out him he'll be gone, but of course they have to stop falling for the old "only putin can save us" myth. For now the tragedy continues.
    The only way to "find their balls and unite" is to find significantly more appealing alternative.

...and the next biggest "alternative" right behind "Putin's Imperialistic Capitalism" are Communists. With Grudinin pulling double figures to what was predicted in polls so far, despite smear campaigns and last-minute "additions to candidate information" (with another smear).

I'm not sure you'll like Communists either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Ok, I shall clarify. You said that Putin wouldn't be the best choice for Russia. However, the alternatives, including the much-cherished-in-the-west Navalny, hold the same position about Crimea and Ukraine as Putin does. Which is also the most popular position among the Russian people, by far. Thus, even without Putin, whoever became elected via popular vote would be someone at odds with the west regarding this issue. The western stance towards Russia thus wouldn't become any more favorable; the only difference would be that Russia would have a weaker/less powerful president with lesser ability to fight against the western aggression.
    This is silly. You found a single issue and claim it's all there is to it? That's pretty simplistic minded.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    As if there was ever any doubt. Problem with Russia is there are no viable candidates. That is caused by everyone joining into one big party, the only people not in that party are either western shills or commies.

Also I wonder why there is no coverage in western media about Ukraine using military to completely block Russian embassy to prevent all Russian living in Ukraine from voting. Ukraine is now such a pinnacle of democracy, totally not a corrupt shithole, right?
    The problem with this is, every time there is another candidate, they either get assassinated or jailed. That is the only reason there are no other viable candidates.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    The main opposition guy was disqualified before the elections began.
    It's funny how pinning crimes that your political rival didn't even commit sounds like something that hits so close to home here in the US. But Russia was doing it long before the US... wait...

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Well, that is wonderful to here! I think Putin makes a great James Bond villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    The problem with this is, every time there is another candidate, they either get assassinated or jailed. That is the only reason there are no other viable candidates.
    Assassinated is such a ugly word they just happen to have "accidents" like heart attacks, radiation poisoning, poisoning and bullets all "coincidences" of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    As if there was ever any doubt. Problem with Russia is there are no viable candidates. That is caused by everyone joining into one big party, the only people not in that party are either western shills or commies.

Also I wonder why there is no coverage in western media about Ukraine using military to completely block Russian embassy to prevent all Russian living in Ukraine from voting. Ukraine is now such a pinnacle of democracy, totally not a corrupt shithole, right?
    But there is coverage of it.....

And what election? Russia is not a democracy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey is Putin going to have an actual rival next election, one which won't be assassinated or randomly "commit an uncharacteristic crime" that lands them life in prison?

If so, I want to place my money in a bet on Putin early on. Even if his opponent is "eliminated" the worst that will happen is my money is returned to me. If he actually has a rival, we all know he's going to win anyway, as we know even ballot stuffing is not beneath him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Hey is Putin going to have an actual rival next election, one which won't be assassinated or randomly "commit an uncharacteristic crime" that lands them life in prison?

If so, I want to place my money in a bet on Putin early on. Even if his opponent is "eliminated" the worst that will happen is my money is returned to me. If he actually has a rival, we all know he's going to win anyway, as we know even ballot stuffing is not beneath him.
    This is the last presidential term of putin. Today journalist asked him will he go for prrsident chair in 2030, cuz in 2020 he cant, he said no

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post

I think he has to step down for 6 years before he can run again if I read right, so the better question is, will his puppet for that election have a rival?

Congratulations to Russia for electing the president of the US for the next 6 years. /clap

Awwww! Putin didn't get his 80% of the vote. The old Soviet Premiers used to get 100%.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Fixed for you.
    Name one "viable candidate"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    The main opposition guy was disqualified before the elections began.
    No, he was long before when he got convicted for crimes, he decided to try to join election even though the law forbids criminals to do so. Ofc he tried, so simpletons in west wouldn't figure out the real reason. Also LOOOOOL "main opposition" when was he ever that? He never gathered any huge following so ur talking out of your arse.

Btw this is him, conviniently u guys keep leaving out his views

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Even tho Russia is responsible for MH17, we still got a ton of people here who love the Russian regime.
    No idea why.
    Ukraine shot that plane down, just like they shot down russian civilian airliner in 2001
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-airliner.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Funny, coming from a Fin. You might want to consider buying a local history book.
    and in it, it says Sweden occupied Finland longer n denied them rights the Russians were willing to give them.

- - - Updated - - -

NGO paid for by US n EU you mean, interfering in the election, typical western practice, talking about democracy but got paid stooges printing whatever washington wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Name one candidate that was assassinated and gathered a huge following. I dare you. You can't. Because u got Washington paid traitors hardly anyone wants to get behind due to all the interference US did in Russia in the 1990s. I know I know, you guys just regurgitate whatever MSM tabloid headlines u read, sad you can't actually think for yourselves which is why you are all so clueless.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-03-19 at 03:01 AM.

https://i.imgur.com/0kAk9QY.gifv

Counting the votes in Russia.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2018-03-19 at 02:39 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Late to the thread. Anyone post videos them stuffing ballot boxes yet?

It's comical, just missing the Pink Panther soundtrack.

In b4 the blame goes on; Germans, CIA, Britain's, Gays, Jews, Nazis, Hillary.