Thread: Master Looter

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Just so everyone is aware this is a troll and bait thread. Report and move on.
    I don't think this is one of the best thing that blizz added... this will make the game way for fair... now ppl may even join guilds

15+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't take this seriously. All your points are based off personal experience instead of facts.

When master loot is on, there are always ninja looters.
    FALSE

When master loot is on, trials are always abused.
    FALSE

Your comment about abusiveness and trials seems very unfortunate. I am a GM of a 2 night a week mythic guild, and we ALWAYS give gear to trials before disenchanting, because if they do join, then they could benefit from the gear! It seems whatever guild you trialed for doesn't have a professional structure, and is failing it's people in the long run.

In regards to LootCouncil, yes. I do have that system set up. And we do have a voting system. I am the master looter and if a vote result goes through that I feel isn't right (ie, elitism w/ officer loot) I override it and decide for myself. The LootCouncil even has long discussions in Officer Chat about who would benefit the most from X piece of gear.

EPGP has its own flaws, and sorry to hear even though you outbid you lost your piece of gear. That's a flaw in the leader, not the master loot system.

Master Loot needs to stay for organized guilds who can't push to be the top 1%. Having people link gear they don't need (since it will be tradable loot on personal loot) and asking them to roll etc. is literally master loot, just with a different name.

Honestly?
    The last time I have encountered ninja looting was during Cata in Tol Barad.
    Never seen any trial abusing or disenchanting gears anyone could have needed.

Never abused by it, system was great, master loot cured my cancer.

If you seriously think the likes of EPGP is equivalent to ninjaing/elitism/funnelling gear you're an idiot or trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I call it bullshit. I was in few guilds in past who used EPGP for example and all was fine... OP is just an troll...

Shame on this site, that more trolls are allowed be here...

i saw this post on general forums it was pretty funny there too.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2038289?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yot View Post
    Never abused by it, system was great, master loot cured my cancer.
    I was never in a guild that didn't shamelessly abuse master loot. In wrath, they would funnel the loot from 25 man into the officer's 10 man heroic group. I remember getting replaced because they nabbed a better geared lock from another guild. Despite being there all the way to LK. In Cata my guild leader would hand out dkp to people just because they ran dungeons. In MoP, loot council basically just meant friends got loot first. I remember busting my ass to get all the epics I could get before Vaults landed. Then the officer who was still in blues got every loot drop. Then they had their geared warlock, and kicked half the guild to do 10 man.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2018-03-18 at 09:58 PM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I was never in a guild that didn't shamelessly abuse master loot.
    That is a you problem then.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    i saw this post on general forums it was pretty funny there too.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2038289?page=1
    yeah it was all feels

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    That is a you problem then.
    Thats how you feels, well guess what! BAM! You abused it and now you're losing it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Just so everyone is aware this is a troll and bait thread. Report and move on.
    Not really.
    I kinda agree with him on this one.

Im glad he stopped posting threads about world pvp hate.

We need perma's for guys like these... They just wait out the ban and then keep shitposting and not "learn". What is the point of infractions then?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I was in a guild that abused Master Loot system to favor 1st raid members, while the rest were treated with "leftovers". That stabbed them in the back later in the expansion. About 15 people who were on the bench and myself (I was relatively new, but did not like the RL's attitude in general - not about gear for me personally) quit this guild and formed our own. The one we left soon crumbled, because it only had bare minimum amount of players without us. And they had to take PUGs into mythic raids if someone was missing because of that. And as you can imagine, mythic raiding and PUGs do not mix well.
    But generally, the problem of loot abuse is overblown in proportions. Most loot abuse, if any, concerns players who are under performing. We had several cases when RL passed loot to players with better performance as a way to punish lower performing players (those who failed mechanics or were extremely low relative their level in terms of output).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    We need perma's for guys like these... They just wait out the ban and then keep shitposting and not "learn". What is the point of infractions then?
    I agree the OP is peculiar on his posts and he spammed the same thread for a little while.
    But this one is actually good.

To be honest is good for me because it makes the PvE players salty about it.

I hated the world pvp hate threads because im a world pvp'er. but this one is good

Deleted
    My good that its not going anywhere

Anyone who thinks guild leaders shouldn't be able to choose who gets the loot just doesn't play this game seriously. I don't understand how ion could say what he said as a former top gm himself but this will not come to pass. There is no reason to remove master looted from this game. If you think those things happen, the problem is the guild, not the system.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Anyone who thinks guild leaders shouldn't be able to choose who gets the loot just doesn't play this game seriously. I don't understand how ion could say what he said as a former top gm himself but this will not come to pass. There is no reason to remove master looted from this game. If you think those things happen, the problem is the guild, not the system.
    it's probably to reduce the tickets from whiny players and reduce teh workload of paid employees, i highly doubt they actually care about master loot or how loot is distributed. less whining = less money spent addressing whining.

100% a troll with that profile picture. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    But they can choose. You can trade loot for 2 hours after getting it in personal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    You guild elitists! abused it and now you're losing it!

I'll be honest with you, I can't be happier that this is going away. Guilds can no longer hold players in servitude while they gear the GMs and Officers. You can pretend that trial abuse wasn't happening left and right this whole expansion, but you and the players who were abused with it know the truth. Every single guild that was pushing relevant content used some form of ML / Loot Council / EPGP / DKP. And every one of them almost without exception was abusing it.

1. Split runs, to gain unfair advantages over players who didn't have 18 hours a day 7 days a week to level 12 alts and funnel gear to their mains in Mythic Raiding guilds. Making end content much harder for the normal (majority) players earlier on than Blizzard intended it.

2. Ninja looting, which as you notice only disappeared with the advent of Forced Personal Looting in PUGs.

3. Trial Abuse, forcing players to do your bidding for weeks on end while you and your friends all got geared up.

Go ahead, stop raiding like you're all threatening when this goes away - the raiding community will be a healthier place for it.

If you're someone who got abused by guilds running trials post your story.

- I've had upgrades that no one wanted in the raid disenchanted right in front of my eyes just because I was a trial and wasn't allowed to have loot.
    - Random PUGs would join the same group and be allowed to roll for gear; whereas, I was not allowed just because I was a trial.
    - We had a group of friends in one guild Loot Council themselves full of gear and then split off to make their own raid - while ours crumbled.
    - I've watched piles of Warforged and Titanforged items be passed to officers and GMs / their friends in a guild even when my EPGP score was higher.

You abused it and now you're losing it!
    I havr never read so much bullshit in a single post