Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    we saw the shendrelar (neutrals) in legion
    More garbage. We keep seeing Blizz pouring heaps of love upon the Nightborne in Legion, while the Alliance is still waiting for any good news regarding the crappy questing experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Imagine thinking like this. Wow. Deflecting in terms of talking about Legion, when this is about BfA, and totally ignoring the fact I proved yourself wrong by clearly pointing out how this entire expansion so far is catered towards spotlighting other races (which is apparently something you want). I mean, all the responses here towards you speak for themselves.
    So it's no longer about Legion when you can't add anything worth reading anymore on the subject. Sounds about right. And that "this is about BfA" is something you arbitrarily decided since my critique has always been about the elven representation in general compared to other races, which is something you would have probably got by actually reading the thread. Regardless, you surely didn't prove me wrong when with "Forsaken representation" you pointed at a cinematic entirely focusing on their elven leader, nor when you pointed at Kul Tiras when Humans, as I said, come second when it comes to excessive representation (and no, I'm not going to address that issue as well when the thread is about Elves) to which I further clarified how I would legitimately consider it valuable content if Dwarven lore will be fleshed out.

All these responses are telling is that there are too many sensitive people around who starts to feel deeply offended at a single comment meant to threaten the elven's legitimacy to be shoehorned everywhere no matter what. Or, alternatively, people who have to yet to master the ability to actually read a thread of 8 pages before raging over its literal first comment.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    Hey guys...can you open another thread and complain there?
    Tell that to all the people that keep quoting me because they're just too triggered by my original comment. I wouldn't surely spend even 5 seconds arguing over this subject if it wasn't for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You got me there, champ. The definition must not cover someone who whines about Elves due to a small camp in the middle of nowhere.
    Assuming that's the case (for argument's sake) no, it doesn't definitely mean "a person who complains over trivial things".

Still, I understand the fascination for buzzwords, even when people don't know what the fuck they mean.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-18 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yes. It's the Eredar's homeworld, of course you were to get a bit of Draenei love. Velen did things, for once. Still, while he may have been more important than Turalyon, he had to shoulder Illidan and Alleria all the time.

Plus, you can't really blame anything on the Draenei when it comes to spotlight, since their development have been utter shit until WoD and even there it was all about time-travelling Draenei, not ours.
    the last zone of legion is silithus and the main force of the horde are goblins

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    the last zone of legion is silithus and the main force of the horde are goblins
    The "last zone" of Legion is basically a BfA preview. I don't know what you're trying to say here but no, nothing of what you mentioned so far negates Legion's elven overload.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

The "last zone" of Legion is basically a BfA preview. I don't know what you're trying to say here but no, nothing of what you mentioned so far negates Legion's elven overload.
    I think it's true that there was a lot of elf lore in legion, both the alliance and the horde. but only the first half of the expa argus is about the draenei and silithus there is nothing elf lore (Well, yes, the night elves die in silithus)

The most popular Horde race is Blood Elf, and I'm sure Nightborne numbers are steadily rising. I think it's cool that the most-played Horde race is getting represented in BfA, and the Nightborne are staying relevant. I doubt the little camp has a severe impact on the direction of the expansion's story, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's true that there was a lot of elf lore in legion, both the alliance and the horde. but only the first half of the expa argus is about the draenei and silithus there is nothing elf lore (Well, yes, the night elves die in silithus)
    Again, Argus may have not focused on elves like the first half of Legion but it nonetheless got carried by two important Elven characters, alongside a Human and a Draenei (and both the Elven chars were definitely more important than Turalyon and just on par with Velen) and one of these two (Illidan) has pretty much being the center around the whole expansion rotated.

And again, the Silithus content feels more like post-Legion/pre-BfA content than actual Legion content, since is all about Azerite and nothing abut the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by esoy View Post
    I think it's cool that the most-played Horde race is getting represented in BfA
    Well, vast majority of people choose the played race based on aesthetics rather than lore, so I don't think there should be a reflection of that in the actual lore.

why not just quit the game? like i don't understand it. these races are a part of the faction, accept it and get over it, or just quit. they will get screen time, whether you like it or not. they literally just put a fanboy waifu on the throne, there's no getting away from it now.

every time i see someone bitching about the elves, it just always reminds me of george fisher's aspergers rant in that old interview about blood elves joining the horde. that's what y'all look like, that level of immaturity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    why not just quit the game? like i don't understand it. these races are a part of the faction, accept it and get over it, or just quit. they will get screen time, whether you like it or not. they literally just put a fanboy waifu on the throne, there's no getting away from it now.

every time i see someone bitching about the elves, it just always reminds me of george fisher's aspergers rant in that old interview about blood elves joining the horde. that's what y'all look like, that level of immaturity.
    i don't think you get what the complaint was about

10+ Year Old Account

Literally what. Seriously, I'm getting tired of people and their projecting here based on random comments without actually reading the thread.

First of all, I never had anything against Blood Elves joining the Horde (unlike other people, both on the Alliance and Horde side). Hell, I have nothing against Nightborne joining as well. My critique wasn't about that and right in the comment you quoted I really don't know how from "Legion's elven overload" you got "this guy totally hates that Blood Elves joined the Horde".

Secondly, people all over the forum complain about shit of all kinds, included you. I mean, pretty sure you would likely see the Forsaken gone and the Orc/Human spotlight reduced to the minimum. How these are "better" complaints somehow?
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-18 at 08:28 PM.

Again, Argus may have not focused on elves like the first half of Legion but it nonetheless got carried by two important Elven characters, alongside a Human and a Draenei (and both the Elven chars were definitely more important than Turalyon and just on par with Velen) and one of these two (Illidan) has pretty much being the center around the whole expansion rotated.

And again, the Silithus content feels more like post-Legion/pre-BfA content than actual Legion content, since is all about Azerite and nothing abut the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, vast majority of people choose the played race based on aesthetics rather than lore, so I don't think there should be a reflection of that in the actual lore.
    Silithus is legion epilogue!
    illidan is a half demon and a neutral character, alleria alliance character.
    in this thread I speak about elves of the horde

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread I speak about elves of the horde
    It was you who came to me saying "Argus focused on Draenei" on the context of Legion having an "elven overload". And as much as I think Blood Elves to be attention whores, I wouldn't still consider it an "overload" without taking all the elven content of Legion in consideration (which was, indeed, ridiculously huge).

So it's no longer about Legion when you can't add anything worth reading anymore on the subject. Sounds about right. And that "this is about BfA" is something you arbitrarily decided since my critique has always been about the elven representation in general compared to other races, which is something you would have probably got by actually reading the thread. Regardless, you surely didn't prove me wrong when with "Forsaken representation" you pointed at a cinematic entirely focusing on their elven leader, nor when you pointed at Kul Tiras when Humans, as I said, come second when it comes to excessive representation (and no, I'm not going to address that issue as well when the thread is about Elves) to which I further clarified how I would legitimately consider it valuable content if Dwarven lore will be fleshed out.
    Wow. Imagine being that triggered over some elves.

It is always good to have an elven base, it is a reminder that there are elves in the horde and that we are an important part of it but that we have our own cultural identity!
    Screw that. You can't take two steps w/o tripping over some stupid Elf building now. I know story wise they are the equivalent of gnomes for the alliance but still...they get WAY too much attention when it comes to any new areas. Throw a rock, hit 10 elf structures -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Asperger's doesn't make you immature you ignorant twat. Get out of your parents basement and grab an education before you start throwing around insults using words you don't even know the meaning of. Someone, who by the way probably doesn't even have Asperger's syndrome, going off on a rant for absolutely no reason other than to QQ is one thing...that would be immature. But Asperger's syndrome and immaturity aren't even remotely linked. Tell ya what cuckasaurusrex...I know your defense mechanism is to insult people and throw around words you don't understand because you saw it in some reddit thread somewhere and want to feel super cool, but just because you are jealous of the fact that someone with Asperger's is high functioning and you are unable to grasp the basic understanding of 1st grade grammar doesn't mean you should insult people. I'm sure you can pick up a book at your local library on how to properly capitalize and spell, and they might even have a dictionary there so you can learn what words actually mean. But please, while you wait for your parents to give you a ride, go ahead and reply with your next best attempt at a poorly written insult because of your insecurities with yourself. Later cupcake

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-03-19 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Kthxhugsbye

I see your point, but those people still play that race nonetheless. Blood Elf lore is cool, but not my fav. I play BElf cause of Arcane Torrent, but aesthetically and lorewise, Orcs are my favorite. I like the pic OP posted because it's a small look at to the Horde's combined war effort in BfA, and hopefully the other races also have encampments at Zuldazar. There are a lot of elves now, especially with Nightborne and VElves, but each side has been whining about getting the other faction's respective elves since forever. Whether or not Elves have a huge impact on lore, there's going to be a lot of them because they look cool. I doubt lorewise that they're gonna dominate, though. I'm sure a couple Elf characters will have their spotlight moments, but for the most part, I think it'll be varied (maybe I'm optimistic).

Literally what. Seriously, I'm getting tired of people and their projecting here based on random comments without actually reading the thread.

First of all, I never had anything against Blood Elves joining the Horde (unlike other people, both on the Alliance and Horde side). Hell, I have nothing against Nightborne joining as well. My critique wasn't about that and right in the comment you quoted I really don't know how from "Legion's elven overload" you got "this guy totally hates that Blood Elves joined the Horde".

Secondly, people all over the forum complain about shit of all kinds, included you. I mean, pretty sure you would likely see the Forsaken gone and the Orc/Human spotlight reduced to the minimum. How these are "better" complaints somehow?
    the difference is that i'm not bothered by their existence in the story. i understand they're part of the horde and alliance, and will get screen time. do i like that they get a disproportionate amount of screen time? no, not at all. are elves on the same level? no, not at all. it's a different case between the two. elves get a patch here and there and everyone gets butthurt. humans have been the only race that matters in the alliance since wow's inception, and nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    Asperger's doesn't make you immature you ignorant twat. Get out of your parents basement and grab an education before you start throwing around insults using words you don't even know the meaning of. Someone, who by the way probably doesn't even have Asperger's syndrome, going off on a rant for absolutely no reason other than to QQ is one thing...that would be immature. But Asperger's syndrome and immaturity aren't even remotely linked. Tell ya what cuckasaurusrex...I know your defense mechanism is to insult people and throw around words you don't understand because you saw it in some reddit thread somewhere and want to feel super cool, but just because you are jealous of the fact that someone with Asperger's is high functioning and you are unable to grasp the basic understanding of 1st grade grammar doesn't mean you should insult people. I'm sure you can pick up a book at your local library on how to properly capitalize and spell, and they might even have a dictionary there so you can learn what words actually mean. But please, while you wait for your parents to give you a ride, go ahead and reply with your next best attempt at a poorly written insult because of your insecurities with yourself. Later cupcake
    thank you for your three part novel, it was quite entertaining.

Question. If trolls had gotten yet another patch or zone in WoD, would the Troll fans complained that oh my god Trolls are getting more stuff again? What about Legion

No, of course not.

This whole argument is a big ring of pettiness borne of Elf hate and little else. Elves have gotten small bits of content here and there till Legion where they got a decent bit. That does not mean they've been some constantly focused thing. That would be Trolls, who were thee most elaborated on race for ages. We have a gigantic amount of lore on Trolls and their customes, but jack shit about, say, Dwarves, or Tauren.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, these fucking elves are fucking everywhere. Can we get content without a random elf base for once?
    says the troll that can't go one expansion without a raid or dungeon...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Question. If trolls had gotten yet another patch or zone in WoD, would the Troll fans complained that oh my god Trolls are getting more stuff again? What about Legion

No, of course not.

This whole argument is a big ring of pettiness borne of Elf hate and little else. Elves have gotten small bits of content here and there till Legion where they got a decent bit. That does not mean they've been some constantly focused thing. That would be Trolls, who were thee most elaborated on race for ages. We have a gigantic amount of lore on Trolls and their customes, but jack shit about, say, Dwarves, or Tauren.
    i would argue that there's no shortage of Dwarf Lore. Tauren on the other hand... well they surely are lacking. How many zones (that were not in vanilla or redesigned for cata) were about Taurens? I can think about one in Howling Fjord (WotLK) and then Highmountain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Wow. Imagine being that triggered over some elves.
    Wow. Imagine having no arguments and spamming a shitty meme over and over.

the difference is that i'm not bothered by their existence in the story
    Neither do I. Nor I ever argued that point. Like, ever. I never said I want Elves removed from the game, while you surely expressed that sentiment quite clearly about Forsaken.

no, not at all. are elves on the same level? no, not at all. it's a different case between the two. elves get a patch here and there and everyone gets butthurt. humans have been the only race that matters in the alliance since wow's inception, and nobody cares.
    Nobody cares? Lol everyone complains about Humans. And I fucking said two or three times already that Humans are the second worst case. Second, because while they're the vastly more abundant race in the Alliance, they are just there, in the Alliance. One way or another, Elven lore and characters are literally spread all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

No, of course not.

Because raiding and mass-slaughtering Trolls is indeed the best thing ever for Troll fans. Indeed. Now please, go and count the number of developed and fleshed out characters on both sides. If that isn't ringing a bell, nothing will.

Again, and I hope to repeat that for the last time, I'm not surely going to compare Trolls to either Dwarves or Tauren and other races whose representation is deprecable to say the least. But it's impossible to stomach claims like "Elves got little bits and aren't really that focused" when this is complete horseshit. Even "little bits" become a huge pile if these are many and in the Elf's case, these bits are good, really good as well. The same can't be said about Trolls: lot of exposure merely meant to fill dungeons and drop loot. What's the point of fleshing out all these Troll cultures if the end goal is butchering everything, salting the earth and leave nothing behind?

Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post
    says the troll that can't go one expansion without a raid or dungeon...
    So far we got two expansions with no Troll dungeon/raid whatsoever and guess what, I missed none of that shit. But hey, Blood Elves are having it much worse. These guys aren't allowed to have their raid per expansion! They just have those many developed characters and spotlight that actually develop them and their lore. Useless stuff, indeed.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-19 at 01:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    elf lovers omegaLUL