Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Am I the only one who finds it rather suspicious that only HIS college tours end up being the so-called "Violent" ones?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I'm on neither side, I'm not an extremist. Just because you possess such narrow logic doesn't mean I do. The extreme right is a problem. The extreme left is also a problem.
    Equating antifacists with actual facists is the problem. The fact you can't see that facists are worse than non facists would be troubling if you weren't either a troll or a sympathiser. Which is it?

Antifa has shown us the way to success. If anyone says anything you don't like, violently attack them while wearing a mask!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm saddened that the violent fascist tactics of Antifa will bring more people to his side. Too many dumb people think that life is a binary choice, and when they see one side talking and the other side acting like animals trying to shut down free speech with violence, they will figure Spencer is the lesser of two evils. For the love of anything you find holy, I wish Antifa could have battled and defeated the racist white nationalists with better ideas, versus violence.
    Open a history book, it did not work in the '30s in Germany. The exact same shit happend with liberals and center-right constatives denouncing antifa all day long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Antifa has shown us the way to success. If anyone says anything you don't like, violently attack them while wearing a mask!
    The correct way of dealing with fascism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Me and the lads at the NE ANTIFA HQ™ had a party today to celebrate this massive victory for the party
    Did you undergo the surgery to become an antifa supersoldier?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Antifa is a gift to the alt-right, because it allows them to play the victim card that the left usually does. And he's doing it right here and you call this a victory for yourside? Are you moronic?
    Actually it the opposite.

Only one thing could have stopped our movement – if our adversaries had understood its principle and from the first day smashed with the utmost brutality the nucleus of our new movement."
    -Hitler, the monster himself, talking about the efficacy of anti-fascist action

Well, that is the whole point of what the fascists are doing. They are trying to mask their hatred and murder in a coat of respectability. Grats on playing along. Dunno if its intentional or not.

Antifa refuses to play along, and presents them with the dilemma of responding in kind, and thus destroying their cover, or taking it on the chin, as it were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown56 View Post
    Communists have killed more people than fascists
    Are you a bot who posts random factoids?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Seems to go against most of what you have been going on about.
    Then you clearly have no idea what I'm on about. Just because I'm openly critical of Antifa doesn't mean I support Spencer or that I'm a Nazi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Then you clearly have no idea what I'm on about. Just because I'm openly critical of Antifa doesn't mean I support Spencer or that I'm a Nazi.
    Based on your posts here. I dont think you really know either. I haven't accused you of anything other than keking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Equating antifacists with actual facists is the problem. The fact you can't see that facists are worse than non facists would be troubling if you weren't either a troll or a sympathiser. Which is it?
    Fucking hell...what's with the "with us or against us" ultimatums?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha View Post
    The absolute state of american liberty.

There was a time where it was self-evident and generally understood to give platform to anyone who wishes it. That your country was secure enough that you know people would laugh far left and far right lunatics off the stage.

"Land of the free" ... what a joke. Oh I am laffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    They're doing what the terrorists fascists want.
    The outcome is not silence: it's a martyr for their horrendous cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    One must have a really bad set of ideas when it's easier to shut and chase someone - with already terrible ideas - away, instead of talking it out.
    Must be really afraid of what the community might listen and think of you if you do list your set of ideas :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Anyone bothered at all that the people fighting the racist white nationalist are the violent fascist group? I dunno, I just found it ironic that the racist white nationalist group were the more peaceful of the two groups involved.
    Today I learned:

You can literally be a Nazi and people will rush to defend you as long as you use the boogieman word "Antifa" as a scapegoat.

I'll remember that next time my boss says I have to work back late.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    He literally compared all of those groups to fascists and asked if there is any difference between them or am i wrong? And of course violence is a solution to fight fascists, what do think WW2 was about?
    You and several others completely missed my point. In my example, I picked from several common groups that often come up in discussion. For lols, I could have added bronies to it too, but the main goal was for people to just understand from a different perspective. My point, as Trassk and Kapadons noted, is that violence is not a solution to differences in opinion or ideology.

People keep using that seemingly witty retort, "Yeah well how did we solve WWII then?" And my response to that is that it's not even remotely comparable. That was a State vs. State conflict where our democratically elected officials made the collective decision to fight back against a highly aggressive, expansionist state which had committed clearly evidenced atrocities. Our society (reluctantly, because no one truly enjoys war) considers that acceptable because the state has a monopoly on violence and is duty bound to protect its citizens.

To use Gilrak as an example, he/she is a private citizen who wants to advocate violence against other private citizens because they have differing opinions. Gilrak does not have that authority; the police do, and then only when there is clear evidence of the law being broken. For all their hateful rhetoric, they have not committed any observable crime. As you saw in Charlottesville with the car death, a clear crime was committed and the individual was subsequently arrested. That was the acceptable response.

Yes, we can agree their rhetoric is hateful and vile; Spencer is a fucking moron. Frankly the majority of his "debate" is based on conjecture, is misinformed and is flimsily woven together into a shoddy argument. But if we're going to live in a civilized society, we can't just go around punching people in the face with whom we disagree with even if we seemingly have a good reason to. Because the moment you start doing that, you start to imply to others that they can do that too. The Law doesn't make exceptions for this. Which brings me back to the original groups I mentioned. Someone will want to assault LGBTQ folk because they seemingly have a good reason to. Someone will want to assault Immigrants, because they seemingly have a good reason to. Someone will want to assault bronies, etc. etc. etc. Pick your poison.

That was the crux of my point. Violence is not a solution to differences in opinion or ideology, no matter who the intended target is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Actually it the opposite.

Only one thing could have stopped our movement – if our adversaries had understood its principle and from the first day smashed with the utmost brutality the nucleus of our new movement."
    -Hitler, the monster himself, talking about the efficacy of anti-fascist action
    That was almost 80 years ago. You have to understand the new political and media environment, using the same methods Hitler at the time said would have stopped his movement, is counter intuitive in the current political landscape and age of internet media. Even if you are censored by the mainstream media, you will gather more traction online simply because you are being censored, because throughout the years, we have grown to despise that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Well you need to be held back a year because richard spencer is not a Nazi. You can argue that he supports Nazi ideas, but "Nazi" is not some insult you get to pin on anybody that disagrees with you or seem more than slightly racist.
    Anybody who supports nazi ideas fits the nazi defintion.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ikr? Lol whatever i guess
    Most of my knowledge comes from actual shit they do or youtube.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Man gets laughed at and only has 5 people show up to event. Cancels. Claims moral high ground as an excuse. More at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post
    Violence is not a solution to differences in opinion or ideology, no matter who the intended target is.
    I couldn't disagree more. History has shown us that violence may be necessary to stop evil ideologies. Sometimes shooting the perpetrator is the only solution to protect the victim.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Well you need to be held back a year because richard spencer is not a Nazi. You can argue that he supports Nazi ideas, but "Nazi" is not some insult you get to pin on anybody that disagrees with you or seem more than slightly racist.
    As someone already pointed out. He believes in the primary nazi ideals. Not to mention, as a society, we have already labeled him a Nazi.

You can argue the definition all you want, at the end of the day it is besides the point and the rest of us have already moved past what to call him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Is that from that black book? The one that counts nazi soldier killed?

- - - Updated - - -

You have, that does not go for everybody.
    Censorship, and limitation of freedom of speech, in for the sake of political opinions as it has happened for some people who have had far far less extreme views than Richard Spencer is what is essentially Orwellian, and generally on the internet, people hate that. And instead of silencing your opposition, you strengthen it, you expose them to a bigger audience as it makes for a juicy headline for the free press/independent content creators. Even if you censor them on one platform, there is another one that will receive them with open arms.

If you think censorship and violence is the way forward, you are clearly mistaken. You just have to look at what is happening in China, and how the new generations find ways around it to ridicule it.

As someone already pointed out. He believes in the primary nazi ideals. Not to mention, as a society, we have already labeled him a Nazi.

You can argue the definition all you want, at the end of the day it is besides the point and the rest of us have already moved past what to call him.
    The problem is however when you toss the term Nazi around willy nilly like the extreme left does, and use it to label everyone who is even slightly right leaning, you actually depower the actual meaning of the word.

When you go around calling Ben Shapiro(who is Jewish) a Nazi, you can't expect people to take you seriously when you call an actual Nazi a Nazi.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2018-03-19 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Something tells me that people choosing to go with white nationalists, were probably not going to the other end of the spectrum to begin with. Just sayin'.

"Lesser evil"...The NON-EVIL, is to not be an extremist at all. And as far as evil extremism goes, the Alt-right sort of has the lead.
    There's no way you can convince me that everyone who followed Hitler was evil. What percentage of country of Germany do you suppose that was? The vast majority of the people following Hitler were fooled to think he was the lesser of all the evils they were facing in their day.

Making a bad guy a martyr will make people sympathetic to him, and assume the other side is worse. And if the entire Democrat party is defending and siding with Antifa, how will that convince the swing voters that the Left is filled with good, reasonable, peaceful people?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis