Obviously they won't be available immediately at launch, you will likely have to complete all the main story quests and reach exalted reputation, which will take maybe 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Maybe because the allied races are supposedly tied to the storyline, we know why zandalari and kultirans will join but no idea why maghar and DI come in. But this thread is mostly just speculation about BfA.
    Most likely the factions go looking for allies when the war starts heating up. I imagine this will be tied to a story campaign either in 8.0 or 8.1, though the latter seems more likely to me.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-03-18 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Obviously they won't be available immediately at launch, you will likely have to complete all the main story quests and reach exalted reputation, which will take maybe 2 months.

Most likely the factions go looking for allies when the war starts heating up. I imagine this will be tied to a story campaign either in 8.0 or 8.1, though the latter seems more likely to me.
    I'm glad we had not discussed this for two pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt it’ll be last tier. Wouldn’t be shocked if it’s 8.1 though.
    Its either Going to be the Nighthold or the Tomb of Sargeras of BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The trolls are much more connected to Azshara through Zul, who works with her. Ashvane is the main antagonist but is not on speaking terms with her, instead serving her as a mook. In what way would the Kul Tirans be connected moreso with her?
    Well, they have an entire tentacle sea worshiping priest faction. They seem to have strong connection to w/e lurks in the sea, Azshara and N'zoth.

I don’t think it’s actually been shown on any site but the new Kraken model is amazing. http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=128652/be...delviewer:10+0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    This has nothing to do with the argument and my post.

Most of the back and forth for the past pages are between people saying "zandalari and DI comes first " and then you have people going "NO IT MAKES NO SENSE; ITS KUL TIRAN AND ZANDALARI FIRST !!!!" so on, so on.

It's known that Zandalari will come first not at launch but sometimes later (aka mostly 8.0.5 or 8.1) and that you'll be able to complete the prerequisite as soon as bfa launches.
    I believe it’s because it’s assumed one set will be before the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Kraken is sexy...for a kraken anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don’t think it’s actually been shown on any site but the new Kraken model is amazing. http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=128652/be...delviewer:10+0
    Guess I won’t be sleeping tight tonight after seeing that beasty, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That Kraken is sexy...for a kraken anyways.
    Yeah...
    Actually looks like a deep sea Kraken, while the other animal looking one can be used too.
    For the Horde!

That is the new last boss of Siege of Boralus.

Btw Boralus is absolutely amazing looking. Even better than the stills show it is. Its like stormwind with kultiran architecture, except there is alot more details with small statues and gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Btw Boralus is absolutely amazing looking. Even better than the stills show it is. Its like stormwind with kultiran architecture, except there is alot more details with small statues and gardens.
    Well the detail part is obvious. Stormwinds is a Vanilla WoW city with sime slight touch ups made in Cataclysm. Something entirely new made with their current art team should blow it out of the water.

Should the horde side re-introduce the Amani War Bear somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well the detail part is obvious. Stormwinds is a Vanilla WoW city with sime slight touch ups made in Cataclysm. Something entirely new made with their current art team should blow it out of the water.
    I wasn't really comparing. I mainly meant that the scale is similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its either Going to be the Nighthold or the Tomb of Sargeras of BFA.
    Considering how the first races will probably be unlocked in 8.1, I would imagine that they'll be unlocked in 8.2, or whatever the patch the second major raid will be rolling in if they continue with the Legion raid history.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Honestly I can't begin to guess when each Allied Race becomes available, or in which way.

But I've known Blizzard for a while. And I don't think there's any way we're not getting the new Humans and the new Orcs at the same time. Unless they absolutely cannot make it work that way.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2018-03-19 at 05:30 AM.

I don’t see any ways all 4 known Allied Races aren’t unlocked by 8.1. They are probably the most desired feature in BFA and their development is basically finished.

I’d personally expect another set of Allied Races by 8.2 or 8.3.

Similar reasoning for why many guesses that the 4 we have we’re going to be released before BFA. It’s a “why wait?”
    Last edited by Ningjinq; 2018-03-19 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    People wouldn't do rHC if it wasn't for the daily essences. People wouldnt do M+ if it wasn't for the weekly chest. Mostly everything in this game is done for a reward.
    Most ppl do M+ so they can get gear and progress up the difficulty, this is standard progression and fine.

The chest is just icing on the cake from our Welfare catering overlords

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    It’s obvious reading your keyboard diarrhea that you haven’t watched any of the footage from alpha of the expeditions.
    Don't get mad my new friend. MMO champ showed us a really nice video, I was salivating.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Honestly, at this point, I've lost all interest in playing the game (although, in an effort to feed my addiction, I still post here). It would be nice to play as an ogre, but at this rate, it'll never happen.

What I can’t figure out is just what possible requirements for unlocking Dark Irons and Mag’har could be. Particularly Mag’har.

Dark Irons you can think up a theoretical scenario of adding a Dark Iron Rep faction to Kul Tiras questing somewhere. But AU Orcs? Why would they cross over before allying with the Horde?

And going back to WoD and then requiring you to do those rep grinds would never happen.

So what’s the requirement going to be? Will it just be super simple for them? Draenor Loremaster for Mag’har and various zones with Dark Irons and their loremaster achievements?

I don’t see any ways all 4 known Allied Races aren’t unlocked by 8.1. They are probably the most desired feature in BFA and their development is basically finished.

I’d personally expect another set of Allied Races by 8.2 or 8.3.

Similar reasoning for why many guesses that the 4 we have we’re going to be released before BFA. It’s a “why wait?”
    I dont see any reason to think that just because they said there would be more allied races that we'd get more anytime soon. I'd imagine they'd pull our a few per expansion based on the races we encounter. some expansions will only have 1 or 1 each, another might have more.

If it were me i'd model it off of BFA, since the logical thing is to base it off existing content. Highmountain was a zone specific quest you finished by max lvl, nightborn were the Endgame story of the main part of the expansion. Lightforged were a part of the last major patch, and Void elves were part of the Epilogue.

My guess is that in the questing it takes to get to max lvl we'll meet the requirements of the first two and a weekly gated quest will count down to unlocking them in full. OR that they'll be unlocked after the intro storyline is over. Then we'll prob get the next two with the next major raid/patch content. And then the Helpful but not main storyline Races (like the highmountain) will arrive after the last patch drops similar to our first allied races. I.E. The Vulpera are very helpful but not part of the main story and so at the end when things calm down they officialize their alliance and join the Horde (or w/e) in 8.3/4

it makes sense if there is going to be multiple waves , i think, for there to be a 'begining' 'middle' and 'end'

- - - Updated - - -

What I can’t figure out is just what possible requirements for unlocking Dark Irons and Mag’har could be. Particularly Mag’har.

Dark Irons you can think up a theoretical scenario of adding a Dark Iron Rep faction to Kul Tiras questing somewhere. But AU Orcs? Why would they cross over before allying with the Horde?

And going back to WoD and then requiring you to do those rep grinds would never happen.

So what’s the requirement going to be? Will it just be super simple for them? Draenor Loremaster for Mag’har and various zones with Dark Irons and their loremaster achievements?
    i'm fairly sure the gated storyline rep thing with the first races was because the content had been out for over a year. even by release the Army and Augussian rep had been out for 6 months.

We dont have any reason to think they wont remove those restrictions once 8.01 happens so its conspiracy to try to think they'd require a WOD reputation. The reputation was a Gating tool because they wanted to reward people who'd been playing this whole time with early access to those races if they wanted. And i'd wager half a wow token that come 8.01 that new players will be able to make one immediately.

it IS possible this could happen with those races. Where when they become available they will have restrictions in place so people cant just log in and play them, giving effective early access to those who've played the game. It will only feel like a 'grind' to get them if you havent played.

So most likely it will be a scenario that happens after a major storyline in a zone, or the 'end game weekly story quest" thing.

as for the story content i imagine the story would be something like "Saurfang is offscreen talking in length with the orcs and Grom about how they almost did exactly what HIs old horde did, and telling him how he tried to fix garrosh but the Idiot never listened. So this gets Grom and the Orcs want to Defy what they did and almost did , not wanting to feel dishonored by the ghosts of their alternate selves. So a contingent agrees to come with Saurfang to Strongarm Sylvannas, basically threatening her with rebellion if she doesnt let them and bribing her with more soldiers if she alters her plans to accomodate Saurfang and Orcish morals. Sylvannas being the clever harpie she is agrees and so we get a questline that takes a few weeks to play out in which the Mag'har use the might of the Draenic Horde and their cultural aspects that Grom previously took for granted or took advantage of to make the Alliance pay, finalizing in the Orcs enjoying being the Hordes Champions and allowing whoever wishes it to travel to this planet.

After all Draenor isnt any different than any other continent. its just one requires a red portal instead of an Elf portal to get to the capital.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default