Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Times change, man.

Deleted
    Today i did my laundry and the lasagna i made tasted good. Henceforth i shall always do laundry before cooking lasagna.

Even if there was this toxic era that started and ended at points (which i don't think there has been) and if there was this era of games doing better than they are doing now or before that period (which i don't think there has been) what exactly would be the link? That when people are toxic you feel you can be toxic too and the games are more enjoyable? I've never enjoyed playing a game more with toxic people, even if it has given me a free pass to be a shitstain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Times change, man.
    Ooooh Fencers! Hello! I like many of your posts. Can't believe you're posting in my thread (and it's not to ban me or close it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    For anyone who doesn't want to waste time reading the OP's rant (like I did), here's the TLDR version: Games suck nowadays because it's not cool to call random strangers in games faggots anymore.
    Thank you because that was a headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who doesn't want to waste time reading the OP's rant (like I did), here's the TLDR version: Games suck nowadays because it's not cool to call random strangers in games faggots anymore.
    Thanks man, I couldn't make it past the first paragraph.

i miss the old days of cs 1.6, our own server to be as toxic as we want, change name any time you want to anything you want...

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    And this is why reading comprehension is important children, because if you don't read, you'll see the word "nigger" in a post and imply that the person writing it hates black people.

+1 Like will help a reading disabled child learn how to read a few sentences in less than 10 minutes, and not pollute threads with his bullshit.

Tell me, if you didn't "waste" time reading my post, how can you make a TLDR?
    Well, isn't this ironic?

Hey OP, how about you work on your reading comprehension? After your tears dry up, of course.

Oh the irony...
    I never implied you hated anything.
    Your thread was an ocean of bullshit to begin with.
    Again, learn to read. I said that I did waste time reading your post, and I posted a TLDR version to hopefully prevent others from suffering the same fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Your reading comprehension is pretty poor, actually. He made the TLDR for people who didn't want to waste their time reading your pointless bullshit because he read it for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Oh the irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Well said. Because that's exactly what his whiny little rant boils down to.
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Well, isn't this ironic? Hey OP, how about you work on your reading comprehension? After your tears dry up, of course.
    To everyone with the haughty attitude and lacking the understanding of what the word "irony" means, I called that person out for not having reading comprehension and obviously not having read my post because they resumed it down to "Games suck nowadays because it's not cool to call random strangers in games faggots anymore.", which is not at all what I wrote or what this thread is about.

He/she/it obviously skimmed the first sentence, saw a word that triggered them, and thought they'd be fresh, except as always ended up sounding idiotic, as anyone who actually needs a TLDR or writes one.

Can't wait for the "tldr" to this one, i.e. the sign of more inability at reading comprehension of a couple of sentences.

To everyone with the haughty attitude and lacking the understanding of what the word "irony" means, I called that person out for not having reading comprehension and obviously not having read my post because they resumed it down to "Games suck nowadays because it's not cool to call random strangers in games faggots anymore.", which is not at all what I wrote or what this thread is about.

He/she/it obviously skimmed the first sentence, saw a word that triggered them, and thought they'd be fresh, except as always ended up sounding idiotic, as anyone who actually needs a TLDR or writes one.

Can't wait for the "tldr" to this one, i.e. the sign of more inability at reading comprehension of a couple of sentences.
    TLDR:

"I'm angry about being exposed, so I post another rant where I insult those who saw right through me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Log onto Alliance on Proudmoore and mention that you're a LBGT republican* or get a furries vs traps gang war going like I do sometimes. Always great times!

*These trolling procedures in no way reflect on the actual political standing or sexual orientation of the user, he's just a indiscriminate asshole.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-03-19 at 02:19 PM.

Did the OP seriously just try and say that during this so called "era" that there weren't shitty games and horrible sequels?

Also, you're delusional if you think the online community isn't just as toxic, if not more so, than it was "back then" during this golden era of toxic video game development or whatever you want to call it.

Despite the OP kinda saying it in a way to cause an argument, i agree with him in the overall sense of the matter.

Ever since LoL explosion 6-7 years ago, every game is following the same trend:

"We are a competitive game but you arent allowed to be competitive and hurt other peoples feelings"

Translation: "We are a game of competitive nature and we are getting filthy rich by clueless people with lots of money buying our pixels, stop trying to push them away because they cant play correctly".

Hence yes, the era of when games started being more online oriented, aka averagely 15-13 years ago up to 2010-11 was vastly better for someone that games as a main hobby and learns faster/is better at/has more free time, call it whatever at a certain game(s) being given the freedom to choose who he plays with and to not tolerate a certain lack of skill.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-03-19 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Despite the OP kinda saying it in a way to cause an argument, i agree with him in the overall sense of the matter.

Ever since LoL explosion 6-7 years ago, every game is following the same trend:

"We are a competitive game but you arent allowed to be competitive and hurt other peoples feelings"

Translation: "We are a game of competitive nature and we are getting filthy rich by clueless people with lots of money buying our pixels, stop trying to push them away because they cant play correctly".

Hence yes, the era of when games started being more online oriented, aka averagely 15-13 years ago up to 2010-11 was vastly better for someone that games as a main hobby and learns faster/is better at/has more free time, call it whatever at a certain game(s) being given the freedom to choose who he plays with and to not tolerate a certain lack of skill.
    How do people who "lack skill" bother those who are skilled?

First of all, most online games have match making and secondly, nobody's being forced to group up with random people. If random "newbs" bother you so much, make a static group you roll with.

Seriously, video game geeks have the worst attitude ever, especially the ones that have failed in all facets of actual life.

You know how we treat fresh white belts? As if they're fucking family. We don't make fun of them after we put them in a Darce choke and we don't crush them until it hurts under side control. We don't go easy on them; we show what the skill gap actually means, but we do not treat them as if we don't want them. We make them feel at home and accept the fact that they still have to learn.

If people would apply the same attitude in video games, everyone would enjoy the games more. Both the skilled as the unskilled.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    How do people who "lack skill" bother those who are skilled?

First of all, most online games have match making and secondly, nobody's being forced to group up with random people. If random "newbs" bother you so much, make a static group you roll with.

Seriously, video game geeks have the worst attitude ever, especially the ones that have failed in all facets of actual life.

You know how we treat fresh white belts? As if they're fucking family. We don't make fun of them after we put them in a Darce choke and we don't crush them until it hurts under side control. We don't go easy on them; we show what the skill gap actually means, but we do not treat them as if we don't want them. We make them feel at home and accept the fact that they still have to learn.

If people would apply the same attitude in video games, everyone would enjoy the games more. Both the skilled as the unskilled.
    You are simply taking things out of proportions.

Firstly, match making in any game is a pile of shit cause its based only on win ratio, nothing else, it doesnt matter how well you played your role, all companies do not go into in-depth algorithms to determine "How well you play" its only win ratio.

Basic math indicates that as long as you always win 1 game more than you lose you will continue to rise in match making which is why every single MOBA game has the same issue, a few people yelling "What the fuck are you doing in my game".

Secondly, no one spoke about "Video game geeks", i am just mentioning that back then, while "Gaming" wasnt a trend, and because there was a big lack of infrastructure you/we/they were forced to create communities themselves in order to play.

Tedious yes, but much more effective as to who you wanted to play with.

Quick example of what i mean: WC3 Battle.net rooms with automated/written bots.

Your example about white belts, which i can assume martial arts comparison(?) is also wrong.

When you and your friends will decide a competitive 5v5 you are gonna put the 2 white belts against each other cause its fair.

The gaming company doesnt give a fuck whats fair, it has the basic algorithm and nothing else, also the white belt player isnt being told

"Yo, you are the shit one out of those 5, better listen to the other 4", instead he is like "I AM GONNA BE THE LEADER CAUSE NO ONE TOLD ME I CANT"

And in most cases one side has a white belt, the other doesnt, it has 5 black belts, and you cant do anything about it.

Also since there is no moderation, when the black belt has a secondary account without a proper algorithm to determine his skill level, and plays with all the white belts, carrying his friend to the next belt without him deserving it, the problem becomes even bigger.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-03-19 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People were just as toxic, there was just a smaller player pool.

If you wanted to be an interesting little shit like most are doing now, this would lead to you basically having fuck all luck in finding any teams or guilds that were worth a damn. So most did some self moderation.

That's why it did fine the community had plenty of tools to moderate among themselves if needed, not because people are more tolerant. It's best to shut up if you didn't game during the 90's early 00's online.

10+ Year Old Account
    The logical thread you're following behind why games have lootboxes, shitty sequels, ETC. because they stopped allowing toxic behavior doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

How does being able to call someone racist/homophobic names on the internet prevent businesses from conducting shitty practices like lootboxes?

You're making assumptions that because you liked that "era" of video games that shit would be the same if they allowed for toxic behavior to persist without providing any real context behind the correlation between these things.

The only thing that was somewhat lost when games were purged of toxic behavior (which honestly I think you're exaggerating even that) is a sense of community. That behavior would occassionally breed rivalry and comraderie between people. Of course there is a completely valid and almost certainly accurate argument that such behavior turned people off of some games. Which was greater? It's hard to tell honestly.

Hey buddy, you're the only triggered one in this thread, whining about how you can't enjoy games as much because you're not able to get away as easily with acting like a shitbird to people online.

Also, your posts reek of the maturity level of a 12-year-old. If you are indeed 12, congratulations, you're right where you should be. If you're older, then that is definitely something to work on.

where no one committed suicide but everyone was told to kill themselves for winning a round, in short, a world where many of you today would probably have a fucking heart attack and die if you had to play through it.
    "[T]he annual U.S. suicide rate increased 24% between 1999 and 2014, from 10.5 to 13.0 suicides per 100,000 people, the highest rate recorded in 28 years." Source/source.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You are simply taking things out of proportions.

Firstly, match making in any game is a pile of shit cause its based only on win ratio, nothing else, it doesnt matter how well you played your role, all companies do not go into in-depth algorithms to determine "How well you play" its only win ratio.

Basic math indicates that as long as you always win 1 game more than you lose you will continue to rise in match making which is why every single MOBA game has the same issue, a few people yelling "What the fuck are you doing in my game".

Secondly, no one spoke about "Video game geeks", i am just mentioning that back then, while "Gaming" wasnt a trend, and because there was a big lack of infrastructure you/we/they were forced to create communities themselves in order to play.

Tedious yes, but much more effective as to who you wanted to play with.

Quick example of what i mean: WC3 Battle.net rooms with automated/written bots.

Your example about white belts, which i can assume martial arts comparison(?) is also wrong.

When you and your friends will decide a competitive 5v5 you are gonna put the 2 white belts against each other cause its fair.

The gaming company doesnt give a fuck whats fair, it has the basic algorithm and nothing else, also the white belt player isnt being told

"Yo, you are the shit one out of those 5, better listen to the other 4", instead he is like "I AM GONNA BE THE LEADER CAUSE NO ONE TOLD ME I CANT"

And in most cases one side has a white belt, the other doesnt, it has 5 black belts, and you cant do anything about it.

Also since there is no moderation, when the black belt has a secondary account without a proper algorithm to determine his skill level, and plays with all the white belts, carrying his friend to the next belt without him deserving it, the problem becomes even bigger.
    Which is why I said: No one is forcing you to play with randoms.

Granted, I have no idea how mobas work; I've never played them and never will. As I said, if you don't like the way match making pairs you to random players, form a static group. Nothing prevents you from doing so. I don't think I've ever queued up with random people in cs:go, pubg or any other MP game.

If you make use of match making you're expected to be kind and supporting to people that are still learning. Being a douchebag to them merely means you have no business there to begin with. Which probably puts you in a vicious circle, considering it might be hard to find a static group with that attitude as well.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-03-19 at 10:04 PM.

I've been a gamer my entire life. So yes I do recall the "toxic era", how it sucked the fun out of many games, and how it made me reluctant to engage with the communities that harbored it. That era never ended, people just got increasingly tired of dealing with it.

So now, yes, if you act like a petulant shit you're going to get reported. Either stop being an asshole, or get used to the bans. Your choice.

Finally, there are no words to describe how delusional one would need to be to think an unwillingness to put up with toxic behavior was the catalyst for loot boxes and yearly sequels. I'm not going to acknowledge it, because I don't trust for a second that you actually believe it.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.