Thread: Master Looter

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seems you play with terrible people.

In 12 year of WOW I have never seen any guild behave the way you're saying.

Plus if you really think this is going to prevent split runs you might stop dreaming.. they will level 5-6 of the same class an pick the most geared.

Why don't they just disable master loot and force Personal for the 1st few weeks of a new tier? That would solve the split runs problem. Maybe restrict you to 3 heroic clears per account per week for the 1st month. Most normal players don't clear heroic the 1st month that many times.

That way we can get some new blood into the WF race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    We need perma's for guys like these... They just wait out the ban and then keep shitposting and not "learn". What is the point of infractions then?
    MMO-champion used to do permanent bans, it just lead to them creating new accounts. At least with temporary bans it's easy to recognize people and quickly move on if you don't like whatever they are saying.

That said, I personally support removing master loot, I think it's more harmful than good for the game at this point, especially with comments from mythic raiders who claim loot that goes to healers/tanks is "wasted", that to me speaks volumes of how awful master loot is.

Whilst I agree with the new personal loot idea (now that tier slots are gone) - I think OP's claims are somewhat extreme.

I'd make one change to the new personal loot system, have some automated fashion where by a raid leader can organise distribution of unneeded personal loot without the mess of raid chat that goes on now.

In effect - have the system automatically turn unneeded personal loot (given the rules as they are) into master looter loot for those that are happy to do so.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I've raided since Vanilla and I welcome this change with open arms. The most hardcore guilds were falling apart because of the massive time sink required to stay competitive. This will put everyone on a more even leveled playing field. It still won't be perfect but it's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Whilst I agree with the new personal loot idea (now that tier slots are gone) - I think OP's claims are somewhat extreme.

I'd make one change to the new personal loot system, have some automated fashion where by a raid leader can organise distribution of unneeded personal loot without the mess of raid chat that goes on now.

In effect - have the system automatically turn unneeded personal loot (given the rules as they are) into master looter loot for those that are happy to do so.
    There are many situations where personal loot is really not a good idea. If you run with your guild, it really doesn't matter in the end, but usually the purpose of master loot is to spread the gear, which a rng system is not do in a short term, but eventually it will catch up.

What's sad though is when we do our heroic runs,we invite friends and we tell them it's master loot and they will only get what main raiders don't need and they agree.. and they get a fast smooth run, and eventually get a lot of gear and a good time.

Now we won't be able to bring those people because of their lower ilvl, they won't be able to trade stuff.

Let me say how our main raiders would be so happy somebody gets a 945 acrid trinket in heroic but can't trade it because that person have shitty trinkets.

I still believe a guild should be able to handle loot how they want. Seems to me with this move, Blizzard is trying to kill guild and replace them with cross-realm communities, if they open cross-realm day 1, this is what's going to happen because there is absolutely no reason to be in a guild anymore (and if you listeo to the Q&A, guilds are basically your first community when BFA launches)

I honestly don't give a damn about master or personal loot, but I do know I will always have to bring my best geared toon to farm because of it, and that for me is another nail in the coffin of people liking to play alts.

Because yes, your goal will still be to be able to trade loot as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Because yes, your goal will still be to be able to trade loot as much as you can.
    IN a perfect world, full of perfect people - your ideas would be amazing.

I think there is room to tweek the rules on 'cannot trade' ... but whilst people are people and peer pressure is so strong, giving the individual more control rather than the group is a reasonable compromise.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Begone troll! And by the way! Any guild worth their salt will funnel gear to their worthwhile new raiders once their trial is over! So stop spreading bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    - I've had upgrades that no one wanted in the raid disenchanted right in front of my eyes just because I was a trial and wasn't allowed to have loot.
    - Random PUGs would join the same group and be allowed to roll for gear; whereas, I was not allowed just because I was a trial.
    - We had a group of friends in one guild Loot Council themselves full of gear and then split off to make their own raid - while ours crumbled.
    - I've watched piles of Warforged and Titanforged items be passed to officers and GMs / their friends in a guild even when my EPGP score was higher
    Wow look at all this anecdotal nonsense. Maybe you should have found a less shitty guild to be in. But considering your past posts and your shitty attitude I doubt that's possible.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2018-03-19 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    If you seriously think the likes of EPGP is equivalent to ninjaing/elitism/funnelling gear you're an idiot or trolling.
    ofc its not . but its also disencoraging for a ton of people - its not fun to only get scraps for weeks

ofc people would be against it and see it as toxic when they go in pug with PL and go out with 1-2 pieces very often bis , while in guild with epgp they would have to wait for weeks to get it.

i get it why guilds dont want to give away loot to trials to fast but its a doubled edge sword. and people found solution for it - they rather have shit raid experience in pugs and get fair chance on loot then good raid experience in guild but dont recive any good loot for long time

blizzard had no other choice but to take action seeing how in past 2 expansions players drasticaly stopped doing normal/hc content in guilds in favour of pugs.

without ML a lot of people will return to raiding with guild instead being miserable in pugs because now the toxic corrupted elements will be gone.

its very logical move from blizzard if you give it more then 2 seconds of thought before starting to scream about end of the world.

people keep saying this will affect the most mythic but its untrue - its a desperate move from blizzard to save normal/hc guild raiding.

I love the mmochamp people mentality "if he says something i dont like he is a troll" ..........

wait, isnt this the same dude/girl that made the fat kul tirans female bash thread??

The only reason I'm looking forward to the idea of having no M/L is ditching the time spent while dickhead GM is still at the dead boss deciding who to pass loot to, and/or fighting with RC Loot Council(The amount of times this has "broken" or isn't "setup" correctly....)

Anecdote or not, guilds that can't clear early in the content because of 2 night restrictions shouldn't be spending 15 minutes on each boss discussing loot, especially when people don't know whether it's actually an upgrade or not and have to debate it.

Just PL and drive on aye?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grenstar View Post
    Lol you make me lol

A true mythic guild clears heroic first or second at most.

You can call me any name want but facts are facts.

As to what said about method was a direct quto from thier page.

Why don't you go try read and you will see im saying facts.

The fact your x number in world, I forget the exact number like it matters, who really cares.

So you are better then me at video and or spend more time, good for you golf clap.

Do you get special button or something for being 360 something in the world? Do you get money? Do you anything in real life for it?

If the answer is no then honestly who cares.

The point is unless you are top 100 the 1% of dps is not the difference between a kill and not. It's mechanics.

You are killing the mythic bosses several weeks if not months after the release of mythic so you out gear it.

You are killing because the group is finally doing the mechanics correctly and you got good rng on a pull.

So please keep raging, cursing, and name calling to continue to show your maturity.

You definition of mythic guild may be different from mine.
    Whoa careful there, m8. You gonna pop a vein there, better drink a glass of water and go outside smell the roses.

Getting so angry over a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Just so everyone is aware this is a troll and bait thread. Report and move on.
    Reminder. Stop replying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Why don't they just disable master loot and force Personal for the 1st few weeks of a new tier? That would solve the split runs problem. Maybe restrict you to 3 heroic clears per account per week for the 1st month. Most normal players don't clear heroic the 1st month that many times.

That way we can get some new blood into the WF race.
    If its such an issue, start banning people for doing it. Its asinine to disable ML just to "fix" this "problem" of split runs.

Not getting loot in a loot council system in a serious guild is nothing more than a git gud issue. I'm not a stable raider, taking tier long breaks, I don't really talk on TS and I never was chum with any of the officers of my guilds.

I've progressed mythic in 3 different guilds in legion. Never in my entire wow history I had any issues with getting fair share (sometimes way more than that) of loot.

You know why? Because officers see that I deliver, so they deliver as well.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2018-03-19 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    I really cant see the benefits of this. What is positive when youre forced to have random personal loot?
    Right now you have the CHOICE to pick a guild/raidgroup that has personal loot. ML has benefits and personal loot has benefits for some people too, i guess.
    For all those who said pople abused ML: Why didnt you pick another raid then? Youre mad you didnt get loot when you were a trial? Its not like youre a trial forver. A few weeks if not less. So if this really affects you that much, then im almost 100% sure youre a guild hopper and you deserve to not get the loot.

Anyways, super stupid change. Gets rid of even more social interaction in a mmo. This games becomes more laughtable with every patch. I hope classic comes soon.

Been a long time since I have been in a guild that any loot counsel. The few that did usually ran long enough to get everyone gear aside from shit that wont drop at all. It was usually the ones running DKP type systems that generated a lot of drama from recruits that was already getting geared up and handed loot from old kills and then those who got all the early gear throwing a tantrum when a BiS weapon or trinket dropped.

I know a number of entry level guilds that dont run ML just to keep shit simple unless they are trying to gear a new recruit up and then turn personal loot back on for progression bosses. Personally it is sad to see the choice go for those who make use it.

Personally I find masterlooting to be the best option. it gives raiders (talking from my guild and personal experience) a reason to show up and compete, earning DKP which can be spent on items. plain and simple. I think its the more social option, you see the boss' loot table and you get to see each individual item distributed and you see who gets it. Personal loot is so anti social and takes away from this being an MMO IMO, I say once again, IMO! so I really really hope they find another way to stop split runs from top 15 guilds and let us keep Masterloot as an option.

Deleted
    That sounds like a juvenille response from a raiding member who doesnt understand what it means to be an officer/raid leader/GM of a mythic raiding guild.

You have no clue the amount of extra work that goes into keeping a raiding guild running beyond just turning up and doing some DPS.

I am a raid leader in a mythic guild. (We started mythic in week 2 of mythic content if that counts) We use master looter but we dont do split runs. I do not prioritize loot to officers over members. We have no core raider/raider rank. Everyone is entitled to loot. We use EPGP so there is no loot council, I trust my raiders to tell me if the item is a big upgrade for them.

Master looter leads to less wasted gear, a 985 ring drops for someone on personal but its terrible stats, they cant trade it, therefore its a wasted item as they will never use it. That item is likely best in slot for someone else in the raid.

I may revise my opinion going into BfA with the loss of tier tokens and hopefully them balancing secondary stats a bit better so that 1 stat doesnt go off stupidly far ahead of others for certain classes.