Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    And they say video games don't turn kids violent.
    Well, they don't.

Will this be blamed on gaming somehow?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, they don't.
    Apparently, they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Apparently, they do.
    It hasn't been stated what they were playing, but would you feel the same way if they were playing something like Minecraft? Would you be implying that Minecraft drove this kid to gun violence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I know I'm gonna sound like a troll, but how long until this gets blamed on the video game itself and not on the fact the parents had a god damn loaded gun that easily accessible to a child?
    Probably already done. Any other argument would have been solved without reaching for the neglegted, loaded gun on the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    It hasn't been stated what they were playing, but would you feel the same way if they were playing something like Minecraft? Would you be implying that Minecraft drove this kid to gun violence?
    The actual game is irrelevant. They were playing VIDEO GAME, a literal spawn of Satan made to turn kids into killers.

"grabbed a gun"

Only in America

Deleted
    Did he at least 360 no-scope?

But in all seriousness, this is tragic and can only happen in the US or in some third world sheit hole.

Absolutely irresponsible parents, not providing a second loaded gun for the girl to defend herself with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Will this be blamed on gaming somehow?
    The people that are crazy about gun rights will probably try to skew it like that, to deflect from the gun issue.
    But like with cars, we have x deaths due to having cars in society and that is the price we are willing to pay for the privilege.
    Same with guns, things like this will happen because people have guns and people are imperfect.

But again, what they were fighting over isnt really relevant, kids will fight over anything, they´ll even get pissed when someone else has something they dont even like, just on the basis that they dont have it.
    And they dont have the ability to fully comprehend the consequences of their actions, so they end up going to far all the time like hitting eachother too hard, pushing someone in a dangerous way etc, that´s how they learn and calibrate themselves.
    But thats why you dont have deadly weapons strewn about the place with kids involved.

If the controller had a gun none of this would have happened. The only thing that stops a 9 year old with a gun is an inanimate object with a gun.

Clearly this is the fault of video games, and not the gun left near children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    US... Guns...

No need to read further.

"Mom said it's my turn to play! *Bang bang bang*"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Clearly this is the fault of video games, and not the gun left near children.
    Clearly. We all do know that guns don't kill people!

Deleted
    How many people kill each other because of love ... LOVE should be banned! If you love someone you should be thrown into a prison for LIFE!

"See, I told you video games made children violent!" - Republicans.

Guns don't kill people, nuh-uh. 9 year olds kill people, with guns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    I almost didn't include "Video console" from the thread title because I thought it was irrelevant and people would blame it on the game and not the gun. In the end I left it as is so as not to be accused of misleading people but I am surprised nobody has blamed the game in any serious way.
    If the girl was shot making a sandwich that the boy wanted, no headline would start "Sandwich Death .....".

Misleading title is misleading.

American Gun Culture strikes again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    If the girl was shot making a sandwich that the boy wanted, no headline would start "Sandwich Death .....".

Misleading title is misleading.
    Yup, its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.