Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    World of Warcraft hasn't been Warcraft for a long time.

As for the races being pointless.. It's not gonna hurt you, me, or anyone else by making them playable. Lots of people want them playable and I see no real valid reason to make them not be. Lore, gameplay, and aesthetic all work fine with the race.. Lore being the hardest one to work with but, new Lore is a good thing. It expands the world you play in and should be happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post

Because adding in unnecessary races that noone asked for and yet they feel salty and triggered by it. Yea if you been playing this game for nearly 10 years straight you would be annoyed by some of stupid changes within the game.
    I have been playing this game for 10 years straight without a single lapse in resub.

You being annoyed by your own asinine standards, is a you issue.

I kind of feel that Allied race system isn't exactly what is. Instead of having Subraces that fits well within each race's identity within both the alliance and the horde like Mag'har Orcs, Kul'tiran Humans, Lightforged Draenei, and more. However blizzard seems to be adding in races that doesn't fit with the overall faction identity that is mainly being the Sethrak and Vulpera.

To me Sethrak and Vulpera are two of the most pointless races to have be playable within the World of Warcraft. You can say the same argument with Worgens, Pandarens, and Tauren. But here's the thing those 3 races were already within the Warcraft universe mainly being the Tauren and pandaren that made their first appearance in Warcraft 3 then comes the worgen which also made their appearance in classic/vanilla wow. Each of the 3 races have interesting backstories and even bit of good culture like Tauren/Native Americans, Worgens/British and Pandarens/Asian Culture. But with the likes of Sethrak and Vulpera they just feel out of no where with no backstory, less interesting culture and they feel like they don't fit the overall Warcraft universe.

Why would anyone want to play as a furry fox boy or Snake person where you could be playing as a Celtic Dwarf or Savage big Ogre, Cruel heartless Undead Human or Elf, Viking Human, Noble High Elf, Forest Troll, Snow Tauren like Taunka just whatever type of subrace that feels Warcraft that feels like a Fantasy RPG. Not something stupid and pointless like Fox people, Fish people, Snake people, and whatever type of stupid race that doesn't feel like Warcraft. Its bad enough the Alliance already got 2 sad excuse of allied races and kind of feel like the faction pride identity is dead at this point. If Vulpera joins the horde then what's the point in the Allied race system then

I really hope they don't become playable because if they do then World of Warcraft wouldn't be Warcraft. It'll just be another MMO Game that doesn't have the charm of a Fantasy RPG. If any fantasy race that would feel like Warcraft why not ask to play as a High Elf or a Wildhammer Dwarf, Ogre, Vrykul, Taunka, Dragonmaw, Furbolg, Fullmetal Gnomes, Junker Goblins, Fully Risen Undead, Satyr, whatever race that feels like Warcraft whatever subrace that fits with faction identity. Adding in Snake and Fox races doesn't feel like Warcraft.

All 4 "currently" playable allied races didn't even exist till Legion, when Blizzard created lore for them. What makes you think they won't do the same thing for Vulpera and Sethrak?

I kind of feel that Allied race system isn't exactly what is. Instead of having Subraces that fits well within each race's identity within both the alliance and the horde like Mag'har Orcs, Kul'tiran Humans, Lightforged Draenei, and more. However blizzard seems to be adding in races that doesn't fit with the overall faction identity that is mainly being the Sethrak and Vulpera.
    It is one of the huge downsides of the allied race system to begin with and I completely agree with you.

It all started "well" when we all saw more tauren, trolls, draenei and dwarves on their respective sides. The allied races were meant to please all those wishing for subraces, while also coming with a little twist. This little twist turned into a race to recruit "anything and everything" that is at an arm's lenght.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It is one of the huge downsides of the allied race system to begin with and I completely agree with you.

It all started "well" when we all saw more tauren, trolls, draenei and dwarves on their respective sides. The allied races were meant to please all those wishing for subraces, while also coming with a little twist. This little twist turned into a race to recruit "anything and everything" that is at an arm's lenght.
    It's absolutely not a downside. It allows them to add more races, more rapidly. This made up idea people have that the allied race system is only for "sub-races" is bogus and goes against the direct words of what the developers said the system was for.

Quote Originally Posted by Aritos View Post
    It's absolutely not a downside. It allows them to add more races, more rapidly. This made up idea people have that the allied race system is only for "sub-races" is bogus and goes against the direct words of what the developers said the system was for.
    Indeed.

All these people thinking they can just decide what constitutes "faction identity" or what entire systems "are about" based on nothing but their usually ill-informed, hyperbolical feels are just tiresome as hell.

Thankfully the developers are not so void of initiative and imagination, meaning we'll be getting truly unique races among the Allied races, rather than just reskinned varieties of currently available races!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    There can never be too many playable races. If they're in the game, they're part of Warcraft. Lore has to evolve beyond WC3, Vanilla, Wrath, or whatever golden standard people think there should be. Vulpera would look no more out of place in the Horde than blood elves and nightborne do. Sethrak would look no more out of place in the Alliance than worgen and draenei.
    Quoted for the truth!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-03-19 at 02:30 AM.

There can never be too many playable races. If they're in the game, they're part of Warcraft. Lore has to evolve beyond WC3, Vanilla, Wrath, or whatever golden standard people think there should be. Vulpera would look no more out of place in the Horde than blood elves and nightborne do. Sethrak would look no more out of place in the Alliance than worgen and draenei.

They should focus on opening more factions instead of cramming everything into the existing two. This is why it is a downside.

I know very well what allied races stand for and that they are the fulfillment of the subrace wish with their own twist that goes beyond them, but it is simply ridiculous to cram everything into these two factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    The problem is their integration into the world.

All "native" races of Azeroth, we've seen them everywhere and got to learn about their history all along Warcraft's storyline.

Most of the "Allied Races" will only be relevant during the expansion they've been introduced in. Afterward, you'll casually see them across the world, but almost none of them will be quest-givers, they will be forced into the world.
    The 4 Allied Races we have in Legion will never ever have a point in WoW universe ever again. Nightborne have their city and all, but you won't see any Nightborne giving you a quest in Zandalar that will teach you anything about their past. At best, they will ask you to gather some mushroom because they're hungry.

Allied Races are fine, but only if they're well introduced in World of Warcraft. With the current design, they aren't, and won't be. Mainly because you'll never get to see "their" area (such as Suramar or Highmountain where you'll never set a foot again).

That's why they feel "out of place". They are not at all integrated into the world right now.

Edit: The day there are more allied races than original races, none of which are integrated within the wow's universe, it will just feel like a mess. Do you imagine Orgrimmar with 500 (N)PC, 470 being something else than an Orc ?
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2018-03-19 at 08:14 AM.

...We have cow people, wolf people and panda people...

Deleted
    They would only attract the wrong crowd to WoW, so please leave them unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    yiffer are those hardcore furrys.
    the type that actually wears costumes during sex and such.

and yes, i do hate myself for knowing that.
    This is my reason for not wanting vulpera. We don't need or want these people on our servers.

I agree with you OP. There was a time when the developers said they wouldn't pull races out of thin air, and that future ones would be familiar to fans. Now they're chosen based on ease of implementation and marketing research.

Zandalari, Dark Iron, and Mag'har are the only ones I've liked so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    This is my reason for not wanting vulpera. We don't need or want these people on our servers.
    If you don't think we're already here, I have a bridge to sell you in Redridge...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They should focus on opening more factions instead of cramming everything into the existing two. This is why it is a downside.

I know very well what allied races stand for and that they are the fulfillment of the subrace wish with their own twist that goes beyond them, but it is simply ridiculous to cram everything into these two factions.
    The only thing that's ridiculous is that you somehow thing opening up a third faction is not only plausible but even a good idea. Adding more races to the existing factions is the only way it's going to happen, there's no way they could adequately develop content for a third faction. We already get sides that see less polish when there's just 2.

As the two factions grow it's only going to open them up for more people joining them because that's how it works. The bigger the factions get, the more likely they are to have more people wanting to join them.

The only thing that's ridiculous is that you somehow thing opening up a third faction is not only plausible but even a good idea. Adding more races to the existing factions is the only way it's going to happen, there's no way they could adequately develop content for a third faction. We already get sides that see less polish when there's just 2.

As the two factions grow it's only going to open them up for more people joining them because that's how it works. The bigger the factions get, the more likely they are to have more people wanting to join them.
    I don't think its plausible, but I do think its a great idea actually, especially post BfA when the story itself might offer various races the possibility to not be forced into either the Horde or the Alliance, but make affiliations of their own without these two involved.

I fully understand that it'd be a nightmare for Blizzard to implement a third faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The problem is their integration into the world.

All "native" races of Azeroth, we've seen them everywhere and got to learn about their history all along Warcraft's storyline.
    Except for all those races added that we didn't, like when Draenei, or even Worgen were added.

Most of the "Allied Races" will only be relevant during the expansion they've been introduced in. Afterward, you'll casually see them across the world, but almost none of them will be quest-givers, they will be forced into the world.
    Just like pretty much every other race added to the game. When did we go in depth about Gilneas? Aside from stuff that was "forced" into the world? How about Goblins? When did we touch on anything involving their starting experience or anything meaningful about their history? Or Pandaren? Since MoP where's all the Pandaren questlines dealing with their history some more? Or how about a baseline Vanilla WoW race? When have we gotten a good pile of backstory for Gnomes? We didn't get much for Tauren either until Highmountain and that wasn't even the main Horde Tauren.

When you establish the lion's share of their lore in the expansion they feature in, there's no need to flesh out more of their past history because the important parts are the story we play through as the game progresses, on top of that story needing to be available to everyone of all character races.

That's why they feel "out of place". They are not at all integrated into the world right now.
    Most things added to WoW aren't well integrated. Pandaria and the Mogu, alternate Draenor, etc. etc. etc. This really isn't an issue unless you're bending over backwards to make it one.

Edit: The day there are more allied races than original races, none of which are integrated within the wow's universe, it will just feel like a mess. Do you imagine Orgrimmar with 500 (N)PC, 470 being something else than an Orc ?
    Kind of like how there's a billion Blood Elf players compared to the other Horde races? They aren't NPC's but that's worse because NPC's can be directly forced by the Devs, they have the power to keep guards in Orgrimmar as predominantly Orcs. But when you're running around you're going to see buckets of Blood Elves running around the heart of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    All 4 "currently" playable allied races didn't even exist till Legion, when Blizzard created lore for them. What makes you think they won't do the same thing for Vulpera and Sethrak?
    All of them are however strongly tied to an already playable race.

Both lorewise and in terms of looks.

Except for all those races added that we didn't, like when Draenei, or even Worgen were added.
    Draenei are a difficult story, they technically existed but their current version was retconned into existance.

Worgen have been part of the game since Vanilla, Gilneas has been part of the Universe since Warcraft 2, Blizzard just threw them together.
    Worgen are even rather fringe in terms of race, they are basically cursed humans, even if a "Worgen Human" has children they won't have the curse, the only way to create new Worgen is to artificially create them, infect a Human with the curse via bite or getting them to drink Worgen blood.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-03-19 at 04:25 PM.

Yea if you been playing this game for nearly 10 years straight you would be annoyed by some of stupid changes within the game.
    It's an addition, not a change. Adding these playable races, even if it is Vulpera, changes nothing about how you play the game. You can just ignore the requirements to unlock them and focus on the rest BfA has to offer. Can't stand seeing other people play an Allied race you dislike? Then the issue lies solely with you.

Quote Originally Posted by PomPomPop View Post
    Can't stand seeing other people play an Allied race you dislike? Then the issue lies solely with you.
    I feel like this argument just deflects the issue.

It's like if they introduce a race with a Phallus shaped body and pink skin and people go like "Well you don't have to play it, if you don't like that other people play then that's on you!"