Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do I work that morning? If yes, a breakfast burrito while I drive. If no, whatever I find when I get hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Roflmao. You big souce is a blog written by Steve and promoted by Boy George? And you even admit it isn’t good for everyone, after claiming it’s the healthiest way to live. Thanks for proving you’re full of it.
    Sooooo... Steve is the guy that does the bulk of the site, Steve Kamb. He's health and nutrition instructor, and a realistic guy when it comes to health and fitness for everyone at every level. And your big slap is because Boy George tweeted about the site, that's a reason to mock it? Tweeting about something you've ready on a site is sharing... not promoting. So, ok... Did you look at ANYTHING else on the page? Or did you bother to google the topic more?

Intermittent fasting is touted by a lot of athletes and weight loss consultants. Joe Rogan, being one and a whole host of people in MMA. David Goggins is another.

And don't turn my words around. I never said "it isn't good for everyone". I said "it's not for everyone". Meaning the lifestyle is not for everyone.

But, hey... thanks for proving you're a condescending douchebag. There is probably a dozen different ways you could have come into this conversation disagreeing with me and telling me why and providing counter-evidence based on what you know or have experienced. And we could have had a productive conversation as a result, but instead, you decided to just say "don't tell lies" and be a complete dick.

The truth is, you know nothing about it, and instead believe it's your way or the highway. Get over yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    coffee and cigarette then a nap

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I dont eat until noon, then I have a shake filled with healthy goodness.
    spotted the intermittent faster

10+ Year Old Account
    i get out my bowl. pour a box of draenei-o's now with more draenei bits. pour my draenei blood in it now fortified with the blood of draenei babies and chow down. @Celista
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

My girlfriend.
    I kid, #foreveralone.

Don't always eat in the morning but when I do, it's yoghurt/quarck or cereal.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-03-19 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coffee. I'm a bad person to ask as I struggle with an eating disorder.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    A protein shake, skyr or a banana. One of the 3.

Usually I only eat them when I get to work.

I'm not really hungry when I wake up and I'm not starving by noon.

Deleted
    I eat two whole-grain sandwiches with (old) cheese, a glass of milk (or buttered milk) and often a piece of fruit.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first meal is usually my lunch, I'd rather sleep 5 more minutes instead of eating breakfast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, a bowl of oatmeal in the morning keeps me full well into the afternoon. Great breakfast food.
    I tried oatmeal so many times, so many different way, but I just can't stomach it. Granola, some semi-healthy variant of it, is my best compromise before caving in and going to classic cereal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Usually some eggs, toast/english muffin, a couple sausage links/bacon slices. My standard on weekends.
    Sometimes a bagel with lox and cream cheese.
    Sometimes oatmeal with some fruit.
    Sometimes just some fruit. The usual during the summer months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    People who skip breakfast are usually late night eaters.
    True for me. I get active towards the late afternoon/evening, do my workouts in the late evening and I also found out years ago I have the biggest need for calories in that time frame.

Works fine for me, it's important to get to know your habits and what works best for you specifically.

I take a shot of V8 with some added cayenne pepper and lemon juice as soon as I wake up, then ~30 minutes later I have an egg white omelet with some diced bell pepper and onions in it.

Deleted
    How do you guys that don't eat breakfast even get through the morning?

I would have zero energy f I didn't eat something before going to work.

Deleted
    One or two slices of bread with butter and hagelslag and a cup of tea.

Some locally produced coarse/flat-bread (grovkaka) with butter and liverwurst is my routine, usually with some rose hip soup.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Two slices of toast with butter and honey or jam, a cup of milk, a fruit and some almonds. All 4 food groups more or less, all healthy and hearty. Three slices if I'm really hungry or I know I won't be eating for a while. Coffee when I get to work.

This morning I'm eating leftover cake though, also healthy and hearty

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    My sweety makes me scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, albeit from frozen hash browns, every morning, she packs me a lunch too. She's not working anymore so she takes care of me and the kids.
    Haha, so kind! Similar situation here but I'm making breakfasts as I work from home whilst she's off to work.

We both powerlift (eating's so much more forgiving than bodybuilding!). She can't go without a big breakfast whereas I'd be happy until lunch as long as I have coffee. Usually we're on 2-6 streaky bacons each (they're pretty small), I'll have 4 eggs and she'll have 1-2. Toast for me x 4 and she'll have 1-2. She's filipino so some times it'll be rice instead but I always need toast.

On a bulk it's around 4-6 eggs, cheese + chorizo for flavour with 30g (that's a handful) of baby spinach + 2 toast. If it's a big breakfast like this we try and have some pineapple juice or chunks. We try and buy whatever of the two is on sale/discount. Pineapple is especially good at aiding digestion due to the bromelain enzyme.

'Round 2' breakfast is usually 60g oats for me, 30g for her and I'll throw on a topping, usually a selection of full-fat yoghurt and agave + either chia seeds, banana or kiwi if I can be bothered. I save time by soaking / measuring the porridges the night before then I just microwave for 2mins in the morning and sprinkle on the fruits as needed. My fiancé usually wants a slice of toast with nutella tho... gotta play the asian genetics gene. Oh another topping for oatmeal is dark chocolate (75%+ cocoas) + satsuma segments... the combo melts and is lush.

Gotta admit, my best (productive / best lifts) are *always* when I've started the day with a lot of oats. It's probably the only variable that I could rely on for "the right way" to start my day. My girl she needs hella calories to get going, but I need the carbs early I guess.

'Round 3 breakfast' is usually our daily 'recovery' drink which is creatine, l-glutamine (if we're especially sore) and I'll take a banana to my desk while I start work. The recovery drink is sipped throughout the day from our big flasks and sometimes has extra powders in like AAKG or citruline malate depending on the workout. Again these are prepped at night so we can don't fuss in the morning.

...but not gonna lie, sometimes I just want a coffee lol! Prepping as much the night before helps so much though. Even cracking the eggs into a bowl, chopping the chorizo / peppers / kiwi / soaking the oats in water etc... it's so much easier to eat right when you come downstairs and the prep has already started, because it's like you feel like you have to go through with it rather than bale and just do with a coffee / toast quick fix.

Back when I was younger, and single, I used to start the day with a apple/carrot/grapefruit juice made from my veggie juicer... it's probably the healthiest I ever was but maybe it was my age. Back then I'd have so much energy and I'd swear by that 'crapple' (carrot+apple) base juice. Obviously ain't got time for that now though lol.

Interesting post op!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    One or two slices of bread with butter and hagelslag and a cup of tea.

Man, that's my childhood right there. I haven't had hagelslag in years. I'm gonna get some tonight