Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Sincere question, where?
    One of the various Ancients and forest beings that appeared to participate in the War of the Ancients in The Sundering was described as a tiny red fox with a sly — yet gnomish — visage.

Page 186 from The Sundering

The human glanced at his companion, who sat openmouthed. “He is. Forgive him! I find myself a little astounded
    by your coming as well…Cenarius.”
    “Cenarius…” muttered Jarod. “The forest lord?”
    Yes, and I believe he’s brought some august company with him.” Rhonin added, peering beyond the mythic
    guardian.
    It was as if the tales of his childhood had come to life…and, indeed, perhaps that was the most apt description.
    Rhonin and the night elf gazed up—often high up—at giants known only from the dreams of mortals. For all his
    height, the forest lord was dwarfed by some of his companions. A pair of twin, bearlike creatures like veritable
    mountains flanked Cenarius, one eyeing Rhonin with particular interest. Beyond them and only slightly smaller, a
    being resembling a wolverine with six limbs and a serpentine tail eagerly surveyed the distant battlefield. His breath
    came in hungry pants and his massive claws raked the ground, creating massive grooves.
    Towering over almost everything else was a humongous, tusked boar with a mane of sharp, even deadly thorns. A
    name came unbidden from Rhonin’s early studies…Agamaggan…a demigod of primal fury…
    Some were not so overwhelming, but were no less stunning. There was a beautiful yet dangerous-looking bird
    woman around whom flocks of avians abounded. A tiny red fox with a sly yet gnomish visage scurried between the
    legs of the giants
    and darting around many of the demigods were minute, sword-wielding men with butterfly
    wings…pixies of a sort.

So basically Rhonin and Jarod met Cenarius and other "august" entity aka demigods

Hence if races like Centarus and Dryad came from Cenarius, we can suggest that Vulperas are descendents of this "red fox" demigod

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I'm honestly amazed by how butthurt people are over this race, it's like a majority of wow players got molested by random foxes when they were young. I think I might race change a lot more characters than I originally intended just to spite them, lol.
    Well when you ask for Oger/Etheral/etc and they give you races from nowhere with no backstory in the wow lore even before, I can get why.

Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    They barely look similar other than being small (although I don't even think red pandas are very small) and carnivorans.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I'm honestly amazed by how butthurt people are over this race, it's like a majority of wow players got molested by random foxes when they were young. I think I might race change a lot more characters than I originally intended just to spite them, lol.
    They were probably bullied by foxes in school

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    High Elves man that would be so damn funny the tears would be glorious..
    I love this coment ))) it will be amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    This is even more idiotic than Pandarians .. FFS! Keep this shit out of WoW.. Don't want it to become a freaking Asian MMORPG....
    Agree!!!! Completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    Well when you ask for Oger/Etheral/etc and they give you races from nowhere with no backstory in the wow lore even before, I can get why.
    I believe Ethereal is kept for now for K'aresh expansion but agreed on Ogres and others... There is plenty of races that could have come instead that have built in lore already... Frustrating to say the least...

So we get Star Fox, in that case Alliance can have them I want Battle Toads for Horde.

Calling it now:

Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Shaman, Priest, Warrior, Monk
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    So we get Star Fox, in that case Alliance can have them I want Battle Toads for Horde.
    Haha, give the alliance those fox people and give us, the horde, those Sethrak, the weird cobra neck race! Would much rather have those if anything :P

i would instantly play a vulpera!

my hope is that this race join the alliance.

PLEASE blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Calling it now:

Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Shaman, Priest, Warrior, Monk
    They were flagged as being able to summon the paladin charger. Not confirmation but... could mean something..

Man, people need to chill the fuck out. Vulperas are not the worst damn thing that came from Blizz (that still WoD expansion). And I don't see how they are in any way a Asian MMORPG characters or even related to one.

Sick of morons hating on them because "eww furries" yet they keep bitching about High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarfs or even ugly ass races like Orges and Nagas. I like them and I'm not a fursuit wearing MLP brony. They fit fine in WoW along with the other animal base races.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    i would instantly play a vulpera!

my hope is that this race join the alliance.
    Story we know so far points clearly to them joining the Horde. Sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    1- This is the time were new races can be introduce, we are going forward with the story of the World (no major threath YET!)
    2- Pandaren have backup lore since Warcraft 3 (Undead Campaing)- then they were explored further with the Pandaren Monk mercenary and Chen Stormstout helping in the founding of Orgrimmar
    3- Every MMO have something that satisfy the consumer, WoW is doing the same, with Vulpera being alongside of Worguen/Pandas/Tauren/saberon/SnakePeople/Saurok/arakoa/draconic/tortollan/orcs the idea to attract more with "little" "cute" warriors.
    4- Vulpera are using the Goblin skeleton and the questline will begin in Voldun (Horde territory), knowing this the "possible" coutnerpart race for the Alliance needs to be using the Worguen, as goblins are counterparts of Worguen, this is the problem because we dont know much of Allied races with this Skeleton other than Saberon and Saurok.
    5- Yes it would also make sense for the Vulpera being in the alliance so the Horde could get Saberon (makes everything more easy in terms of Politics arround the Horde "the rule of the strongest")
    6- Ogres and Arakkoa are actually Unique Races with their unique Skeleton, wich means they being Allied Races "NOW" its not possible, it will make more sense to them to be a "former" new Race in a new Expansion, even tho Allied Races are not subraces the fact that they use the same assets of already existing races, makes the feel of another flavor of the same race. While Ogres and Arakkoa are actually unique in that aspect.
    7- we have 3 years + of BFA we can expect a lot of allied races for that time, new class combos and maybe a new class who knows, i can see Blizzard putting a lot of effort in this expansion already, like they want this one to be... (puts tinfoil hat) the last one.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I call this Karma for all you fucking assholes who trolled the High elf threads its so fucking funny to see you all cry now.
    Don’t laugh just yet. They could still be an Alliance race. Having the Vulpera would give the Alliance a foothold in Voldune and Blizzard said that there will be neutral areas on both islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I call this Karma for all you fucking assholes who trolled the High elf threads its so fucking funny to see you all cry now.
    Calm down, pal.

For some people, playable races can only be "bad-asses", not nice, furry, intelectual or top model looking characters.
    WoW is an MMO, and it should satisfy all different costumers. As you like High Elves, there are people that like Vulpera.

Hopefully one day High Elves will come playable if people keep making constructive posts about them.
    These kinds of posts you just did don't help the cause at all, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    This is even more idiotic than Pandarians .. FFS! Keep this shit out of WoW.. Don't want it to become a freaking Asian MMORPG....
    Exactly what I thought when I noticed them first.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Mate, that is not nice to boycott people, especially for such shallow reasons.
    Play nice. This is an mmo, so expect to play with different people with different ideas than yours.

If you don't like them, it is ok. .
    There should at least be a toggle. I will be blocking every Vulpera I see, just like I block every panda I see. I want the ability to toggle them out of existence if they need to exist. they shouldn't need to exist.

not that it matters, this game is dead regardless.,

Very cool race. I look forward to hearing more about their culture and how they fit into the larger scheme. Hopefully they’ll be the final nail in some of these posters’ coffins and we won’t have to suffer them any longer. WoW could stand to lose some of their dead weight