Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Another gun accident, another american freedom story

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Has absolutely nothing to do with video games, kids "fight" over toys or candy or whatever object.

The gun being there is the problem, and kids don't own guns.

And the gun itself isn't even the problem, just the place it happened to be in, apparently out in the open with no supervision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is only easier if something deadly is left around for kids to have access to. At my home, the firearms are locked up and I do not leave propane lighters around ether when children are present in my home. In my computer room ( where my firearms are kept also ) I have a collection of swords and daggers hanging on the walls. That room is locked up ( double deadbolt.) when we have children visiting.

- - - Updated - - -

I was not referring to illegal drugs such as weed.
    Sadly, the law and drug scheduling puts it in the same category as heroin. Which is why I would like to see that revisited before we enact the death penalty for drug dealers.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Perhaps he was merely implementing the skills he learned from playing "Shoot Your 13 Year Old Sister In the Brain IV". Rated T for Teen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Parents are to blame, but this is hardly the first time a kid has killed another over a video game. I remember a lot of these stories in the 70s and 80s . Stabbing, beaten to death etc etc. I think there was a story of a kid burning down his house with his entire family in it over a video game back i the early 80s.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

We should arm all sisters to ensure their safety from brothers. Also brothers to ensure their safety from sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Who leaves a loaded controller near kids?!
    We should restrict sales of rumble packs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Sadly, the law and drug scheduling puts it in the same category as heroin. Which is why I would like to see that revisited before we enact the death penalty for drug dealers.
    I agree. Those should be listed differently.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We should arm all sisters to ensure their safety from brothers. Also brothers to ensure their safety from sisters.

We should restrict sales of rumble packs!
    Watch out now, don't want Thwart to start infracting you for this comment. Got one the other day for using the NRA's unofficial motto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Parents are to blame, but this is hardly the first time a kid has killed another over a video game. I remember a lot of these stories in the 70s and 80s . Stabbing, beaten to death etc etc. I think there was a story of a kid burning down his house with his entire family in it over a video game back i the early 80s.
    Correct. But it is easier to just blame a inanimate object like the gun, rather then the people who are suppose to be in control of it.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

It is only easier if something deadly is left around for kids to have access to. At my home, the firearms are locked up and I do not leave propane lighters around ether when children are present in my home. In my computer room ( where my firearms are kept also ) I have a collection of swords and daggers hanging on the walls. That room is locked up ( double cylinder deadbolt.) when we have children visiting.
    Seems you have some issues with remembering what we're talking about, so I'll remind you:
    You're talking about how negligence in general is a bad thing and has nothing to do with guns being bad, in standard pro-gun fashion. I'm saying guns amplifies that negligence by risking others' lives as well, as there's no way to stop negligence from being a danger to the kids themselves, but we can stop it from being a danger to schools and public safety as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Seems you have some issues with remembering what we're talking about, so I'll remind you:
    You're talking about how negligence in general is a bad thing and has nothing to do with guns being bad, in standard pro-gun fashion. I'm saying guns amplifies that negligence by risking others' lives as well, as there's no way to stop negligence from being a danger to the kids themselves, but we can stop it from being a danger to schools and public safety as a whole.
    What about beatings, clubbing, stabbing, choking, setting on fire etc etc etc ?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issues at all understanding what you said or remembering it. What I have issues with is the rants we see all the time about the access to firearms being the fault. Cars amplify your chances of dying when traveling faster than you should or using one in any reckless fashion. Using any deadly object irresponsibly is where the real blame needs to be placed.

Clearly video games and children need to be banned.

The first four are all very intentional and require physical force. Setting on fire either requires intent, knowledge (how to make a fire kill someone specifically), action (actually doing it), or just an accident spiralling way out of control.

Having access to a gun requires at best intent - very little knowledge or physical force is needed, but it's much easier to kill someone accidentally with a gun than it is with any of the other things you mentioned.

it isn't videos to blame for this, it was was an undisciplined, unsupervised child. the parents and the kid are to blame, he may not have understood the consequences of using that gun, but he certainly knew what he was doing.

I have no issues at all understanding what you said or remembering it. What I have issues with is the rants we see all the time about the access to firearms being the fault. Cars amplify your chances of dying when traveling faster than you should or using one in any reckless fashion. Using any deadly object irresponsibly is where the real blame needs to be placed.
    Pretty sure we agree that the access to the gun is what's at fault in this scenario. You're just arguing that it could have been anything else that the 9-year old used to murder his sister accidentally, and that guns don't increase the number of murders.

15+ Year Old Account
    reading this "journalistic article" reduced my IQ by 10, it started with the headline.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

All far less likely to be lethal when performed by a 9 year old than a gunshot to the back of the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

American's, say no more

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure we agree that the access to the gun is what's at fault in this scenario. You're just arguing that it could have been anything else that the 9-year old used to murder his sister accidentally, and that guns don't increase the number of murders.
    Access because the owner was irresponsible. Yes. Guns are very deadly weapons. I am not arguing that. But they exist and are not going anywhere where I live. The answer is to accept that and then punish those who misuse them and are irresponsible. Just like private transportation is not going anywhere. Laws and regulations need to exist of course and some improvements should and need to be made for unlawful use of firearms. People who are found to be willfully negligent with a firearm, should lose their right to possess them.