Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Grom buffed in Warcraft Chronicles 3

So apparently Grom 1v1 defeated Cenarius as per the Warcraft Chronicle.Its said that even the Forest Lord could not stand against the Orc's supernatural might.He did this by drinking Mannoroth's blood,the same Mannoroth who couldn't beat Cenarius on his own.Either Grom gfot a huge buff or Cenarius got a huge nerf.Or has Demon blood been buffed.

Also didn't Nobundo beat Grom when he was still an Exarch/Vindicator ?

Deleted
    Grom vs Cenarius was double demon blood red skinned Grom.

well, he did defeat him in WC3 aswell, so yea

I'd take that as a perspective narrative as told by someone else rather than an omniscient narrator telling the story of Warcraft. Kinda like the story of 300 Spartans defending against the Persians is a much more engaging story when it's only the Spartans with the other few thousand soldiers from other armies left out.

Deleted
    Amm, that was part of the lore for almost 20 years now. What's your point?

Deleted
    Cenarius should crush Grom so easily and in so many ways. That's comic book type of writing there.

Nobundo and Grom fought but there was on clear winner iirc Nobundo was removed from the battlefield, he fell or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd always assumed it was Grom + a group of orcs who killed Cenarius, but since Grom 1-shot Mannoroth later on, the power rankings are still fine :P

And Grom headbutted Nobundo off of a wall after Nobundo vomited blood on him
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2018-03-19 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    So apparently Grom 1v1 defeated Cenarius as per the Warcraft Chronicle.Its said that even the Forest Lord could not stand against the Orc's supernatural might.He did this by drinking Mannoroth's blood,the same Mannoroth who couldn't beat Cenarius on his own.Either Grom gfot a huge buff or Cenarius got a huge nerf.Or has Demon blood been buffed.

Nobundo broke some of Groms fingers, and then Grom head butted him
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Nobundo did not beat Grom, from the wiki:

"During the battle, there was an odd explosion and red mist filled the air. From his defensive position on the wall, Nobundo could see this mist sickening the draenei, stinging their eyes, burning their lungs, causing retching, horrible migraines and bloody vomiting. The mist rose up to Nobundo's position and afflicted him as well. It was then that he was confronted by an orc, whose description could only have been Grom Hellscream holding Gorehowl. He leaned back as Grom charged, Gorehowl slashing his chest through his armor instead of cleaving him in two and numbing his left side, while his [Hammer of the Naaru], a Light-blessed crystalline weapon, crushed the fingers of Grom's right hand; Grom only smiled. Unable to use Gorehowl, Grom grabbed hold of Nobundo with his left and when Nobundo tried to call on his powers of the Holy Light, he found that he could no longer use them. Unable to hold back any longer, he vomited thick blood onto Grom. Grom bellowed, headbutted him in the face and let him fall from the wall, an ogre below breaking his fall. The wall then collapsed, and he was covered with debris."

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Amm, that was part of the lore for almost 20 years now. What's your point?
    The fact that in the actual mission, it was grom + a whole army of orcs going berserk on demon blood that killed cenarius while chronicles apparently makes it sound like it was 1v1 is "the point". What part you didnt understand?

If I recall, I just typed in /Whosyourdaddy and wiped the floor with the elves with a few peons.

OT, this doesn't say Grom's army of Orcs didn't drink the blood of Mannoroth and fight the Night Elves. If that was their intention, Thrall would not have teamed up with Jaina to fight his own blood-crazed people.

7+ Year Old Account

..... Thats a bit dumb. I think it would be much more interesting, if Grom defeated Cenarius together with his warband as a collective effort instead of a wierd solo kill.

Grom did defeat Mannoroth in the end, but it was not like a total smashing..... That said, the books are not very good at being precious when it comes to powerlvls and they should not be looked at as the indicators of actual power.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ThtOneGuy View Post
    OT, this doesn't say Grom's army of Orcs didn't drink the blood of Mannoroth and fight the Night Elves. If that was their intention, Thrall would not have teamed up with Jaina to fight his own blood-crazed people.
    It did say Grom and his Orcs drank blood of Mannoroth in Chronicle 3. They were on the verge of being defeated before that.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-03-19 at 01:07 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Nothing new,it think it was obvious since the Warcraft 3,that he got him in 1 vs 1. No idea where did that Grom+orc army tale come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean on Grom vs Nobundo, it's a Warrior fighting a Paladin who suddenly lost access to the Light so it's not an even fight.
    a warrior fighting a vindicator. there's probably a difference. we don't know if vindicators are more combat trained than human paladins are. he was apparently good enough to land a hit on grom, considering he completely disarmed him.

imo, it's stupid if that's the case. but honestly, idk. i kinda like the idea of cenarius and the wild gods being more on par with loa. we kill a loa 1v1 in bfa. like, not just a loa either, it's been empowered by blood magic shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It did say Grom and his Orcs drank blood of Mannoroth in Chronicle 3. They were on the verge of being defeated before that.
    In that case, I am really not sure what the problem is. I've always taken it for granted that Grom took on Cenarius alone; I mean, he killed Mannoroth by merely cutting him once with his axe.

This happened in Warcraft 3, where have you been for the last 20 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    This happened in Warcraft 3, where have you been for the last 20 years?
    LOL.Perhaps i didnt make myself clear.I know Warcraft 3 by heart.Grom couldnt beat Cenarius 1v1 in it even after being roided out.Lorewise as well Cenarius is known to be insanely powerful especially in the forest.Even Mannoroth was afraid of him.The problem here is that Grom was apparently able to beat him IN THE FOREST.This is the guy who taught Malfurion and we know what he is capable of.

I have to agree I like the idea of Grom having his orcs drink the blood and then they just swarm Cenarius together more interesting than Grom was just super strong and solo'd a demi-god.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Nothing new,it think it was obvious since the Warcraft 3,that he got him in 1 vs 1. No idea where did that Grom+orc army tale come from.
    Are you trolling? It came from the actual freaking mission in which you as from + an army of orcs kill cenarius. Cenarius didn't die in a cutscene or in between missions in a cinematic video. He died in the actual missing fighting Grom + an army of fel orcs. It is similar to how in lore Arthas + undead minions defeated uther and not 1v1 because that is how it plays out in the mission.