Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    All you gotta do is shut off the gd computer and go play minecraft on your switch.
    But video games cause gun violence just go look at the 9 year old shooter thread rn. What a cycle we're in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because publicly and openly abusing children
    What children? Gonzalez 18 , Hogg 17

who are the surviving victims of an immediately recent and horrendous school shooting is something that good, upstanding people would ever think of doing.
    Being used and abused by the media on both sides is not a good thing.
    Having said that they chose to go up there and be face for this nonsense in order to make critics look bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right tells left not to be so obsessed with identity politics.

Then they're basically the lords of identity politics. Classic, poetic.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Do you call everyone from New York a survivor of 9/11?
    Everyone who made it out of the building alive would be a survivor. Just as each of the kids who made it out of the building alive are survivors.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Where are my woke "but both sides" individuals at?

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope these kids keep pushing gun control legislation, and Republicans keep attacking them. Attacking these kids is the best thing we can hope for to raise their visibility and show just how much Republicans are shitting their pants.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    They were still in high school...........

Amazing. So the right is now not even allowing them to still be children rofl.
    Personally, I don't believe anyone is an adult until they are 21. If high school graduation is the gateway to adult hood, then those who graduate should be completely prepared to be an adult after graduation. However, we all know that is far from reality. They are basically amateur adults. Young Adults if you prefer. After a few years (21), the last grips of childhood should have released, and you should be expected to function fully as an adult.

But that is just the way I view things.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    With this look, she represents a niche group, not a large majority.
    If you want to win, you appeal to the masses.

You dont have to like it, just gotta accept that humanity works like this. Always has, always will.
    Except he also lambasted the boy with the conservative cut who has even said he is not trying to take guns away, but to implement reasonable precautions so this doesn't happen again. It's obvious that people of his mindset will behave this way regardless of someone's appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    First off we don't get to call her a survivor. Do you call everyone from New York a survivor of 9/11? 17 out of how many students? If she had been shot, sure.
    She was in extremely close proximity and was literally hearing friends dying. I think comparing that experience to someone watching the twin towers on TV from 5 miles away is disingenuous at best.

Deleted
    They were still in high school...........
    They're still not children..........

Amazing. So the right is now not even allowing them to still be children rofl.

God damn you guys are unbelievable. How do you live with yourselves? Does your mother know you go on video game forums to bash teenagers who survived a school shooting?
    Why do you think this is a right or left issue? Where are they being bashed for not being shot assuming that they were even close enough to be put at risk in the first place. What has peoples mothers got to do with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Why do you think this is a right or left issue? Where are they being bashed for not being shot assuming that they were even close enough to be put at risk in the first place.
    Because the right-wing has made it such an issue?

How close do they need to be to be at risk? Do they need to be in the same body as someone who was killed?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    They're still not children..........
    Which is the most useless bit of semantic jiggery you could pull. Because regardless, some of them, including the girl targeted by this guy, are still minors, not adults, and he's using his political clout to bully them.

Which would be disgusting enough all on its own, without them also being the survivors of a horrendous school shooting, which is what he's bullying them about.

How on earth you could think this behaviour was remotely "okay" because "hey, they're not technically what I, personally, might refer to as 'children'"?

Why do you think this is a right or left issue?
    The candidate that this is about is a Republican right-wing candidate. The venom towards these kids is emerging from only one political side.

Oh wait, you'll probably complain about me calling them "kids", even though, like "children", the word is accurate.

Where are they being bashed for not being shot assuming that they were even close enough to be put at risk in the first place.
    Did you not read the article, like, at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Has to be protestant, straight, white and conservative.
    Must only speak when spoken to. Must not sound angry. Must agree with what any lobbyist or politican tells her

Deleted
    Because literally only a right winger would say what you said, so I assumed, correctly, that you are right wing, and your opinions are coming from that perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Because the right-wing has made it such an issue?
    Saying that 18 year olds aren't children isn't a right or left wing issue, neither is gun control.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
    You should be ashamed at your mom comments.

Which is the most useless bit of semantic jiggery you could pull. Because regardless, some of them, including the girl targeted by this guy, are still minors, not adults, and he's using his political clout to bully them.

Which would be disgusting enough all on its own, without them also being the survivors of a horrendous school shooting, which is what he's bullying them about.
    Where is that? I have seen criticism for being part of an underhand campaign.
    If I could be bothered to go and find that think of the children picture it would have gone here.

I did have a quick look at the article.This part was particularly accurate.

According to the Press Herald, Gibson wrote of Gonzalez, 18, “There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you’re a frothing at the mouth moonbat.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is that? I have seen criticism for being part of an underhand campaign.
    That accusation right there. It's a direct personal attack. Of an adolescent. Since you're nitpicking about terms, I'll go with one that's free of nits to pick.

I did have a quick look at the article.This part was particularly accurate.
    Which part, the "skinhead" label, which implies, absent ANY evidence of any sort, that she's a neo-nazi?
    The "lesbian" crack, which was used as a slur as if, even if she were a lesbian (I honestly don't know and don't care), that would matter in any way whatsoever?
    That the only people who appreciate what she has to say are "frothing at the mouth moonbats", which is just a slur that means nothing?

There's nothing to be accurate about, there. It's pure insult, with no semantic value and no counter-argument offered. An insult this elected official offered to a victimized adolescent. Because he's a fucking pathetic bully, and one who doesn't even have the stones to confront her directly, but has to attack her over social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Well, it killed the movement before it even really started.
    To get the support of as many people as possible they better pick a more likeable/relatable person to be the face of this movement next time.
    The movements still going and actually making progression do you fucking live in reality?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Damn kids, having opinions and speaking their minds.
    i somewhat agree with some of her positions on this issues. better background check systems, higher age to buy a gun, that kind of shit.

it's just the way she's trying to be this powerful face of a movement. she's trying to sell that image of herself, and that annoys me. i much prefer humble people.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i somewhat agree with some of her positions on this issues. better background check systems, higher age to buy a gun, that kind of shit.

it's just the way she's trying to be this powerful face of a movement. she's trying to sell that image of herself, and that annoys me. i much prefer humble people.
    Humble people don't get shit done normally, but then again no one does because America resists any change like the world is ending.

Does she look like a stereotypical (I wonder how many will miss this) one? Yes. Is that an argument in... anything? No, it is not. He is another idiot and nobody should mourn his dropout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    This guy must have been thinking he could be the next trump by tweeting such bullshit instead he commited political suicide lol.
    Goodbye to this douche
    We already have a mini-Trump.

His name is LePage.

Granted, LePage doesn't tweet. At least, not as much as Trump does. But he's got the same IQ and the same ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Does she look like a stereotypical (I wonder how many will miss this) one? Yes. Is that an argument in... anything? No, it is not. He is another idiot and nobody should mourn his dropout.
    I mean, she does but . . . so?

If that sort of haircut makes her happy, that's her perogative, who am I to judge or assume that she's a lesbian because of it?

And if she is a lesbian? Well, good for her. Her sexual orientation has nothing to do with her public statements.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He should. Was a stupid ass thing to say and he has no business running for any public office.
    You might have a point if trump wasn’t president.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.