Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Dude's too old. I know you are a big fan but Bernie needs to pass the torch. It's irresponsible to put someone in office that will be 79. You cannot tell me that you fully expect Bernie to be able to physically and mentally perform at the top of his game from age 79 - 87.

Enough with grabbing these folks who at the end of their lives for president. We need someone who isn't on the decline.

Let Bernie retire and enjoy his twilight years. Let's get new blood.
    I'm not here to debate this with you, you can prattle on about how you think he's too old (which is hilarious considering Trumps age didn't mean DICK to his supporters) but I see no better options to face down Trump at the moment so until there is, my opinion is not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    good, so now Bernie can run on a more level playing field.
    He'll be 79 by the time of the next election. That's way to old.

And like Hilary, folks are tried of hearing about Bernie as well. It's time for new blood, let him retire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not here to debate this with you, you can prattle on about how you think he's too old (which is hilarious considering Trumps age didn't mean DICK to his supporters) but I see no better options to face down Trump at the moment so until there is, my opinion is not going to change.
    Yeah, can we not pretend that men in their 80s aren't an absurdly high risk group to put in charge of the entire country? Thanks.

I stated Trump was too old. Yeah, it didn't matter to his supporters but nothing matters to his supporters so that's not a valid metric to go by.

Trump is younger than Bernie will be and we've already had a ton of discussion about his health, his potential start of mental issues, and the like.

That all being said...sure...I agree with you -- let's vote for Bernie if no other alternative presents itself.

My argument is that the DNC needs to invest in potential future candidates. And like any other talent development program give them opportunities to show their leadership. Train them, support them, promote them.

And to that end, Bernie needs to put his ego aside and start promoting his replacement now. Not continuing to try to put himself forward as the solution. Because he isn't it. Not in the long term.

I have serious reservations about putting any candidate into office that is serving in the bulk of their 80s. I mean the average white male life expectancy in the US is 76.4 years (obviously mitigated to a large degree to the access of top notch healthcare Bernie has).

This is an unnecessary problem we've created in politics.

This, really, isn't about Bernie specifically. It's about any of the current crop of aging politicians who seem to have no interest in stepping out of the spotlight to let someone else step in who can lead the party in the future. Whether that's Trump, Bernie, Hillary, Biden, Romney...whoever.

You don't see a better option to face down Trump because the DNC isn't showcasing those options. They exist.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

<blah, shit I'm not even going to bother reading>
    that's a nice opinion you got there, doesn't mean anything to me.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-03-20 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    that's a nice opinion you got there, doesn't mean anything to me.
    Huh. Don't care enough to read a response that was attempting to engage in dialogue in good faith, but care enough to shitpost.

Guess my opinion of you was a notch too high (one might even say...sky high?). I'll fix that now, thanks.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't see a better option to face down Trump because the DNC isn't showcasing those options. They exist.
    The only thing I have to hope is that they do exist, and the Democrats are just playing it REAL quiet until the campaigns kick off for 2018, to avoid blowing their proverbial load before it comes time, since the current news climate is prone to exhausting a story REALLY quickly. If they came out hard and made their attacks now, they'd be forgotten or old boring news when voting time comes around.

It's cynical, but after the shitshow in 2016, they have reason to be.

Huh. Don't care enough to read a response that was attempting to engage in dialogue in good faith, but care enough to shitpost.

Guess my opinion of you was a notch too high (one might even say...sky high?). I'll fix that now, thanks.
    what like it's hard? and please, save your high regard for people who don't post on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only thing I have to hope is that they do exist, and the Democrats are just playing it REAL quiet until the campaigns kick off for 2018, to avoid blowing their proverbial load before it comes time, since the current news climate is prone to exhausting a story REALLY quickly. If they came out hard and made their attacks now, they'd be forgotten or old boring news when voting time comes around.

Also gives the GOP the ability to start their smear campaign now.

Not to mention I FIRMLY believe this was a huge problem with Clinton between 2008 > 2016. The GOP (and, lets be honest, everybody else) knew after agreeing to step down and support obama in 08 there was going to be a deal in place for her to run in 2016 and support her. The GOP knew that and that's why they did their damnest to smear her via the non-stop Benghazi bullshit for over that near-decade. I said it back in 09ish when they did the second Benghazi hearing that their goal wasn't to get her arrested for anything, but rather this was all going to be an attempt to convince just enough people who only casually pay attention to politics to equate her with the word "controversy". The only part I was wrong about was the fact that their was enough ignorant people to believe it for their plan to actually work. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Also gives the GOP the ability to start their smear campaign now.
    Yup, exactly this.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't argue with Sky High. He's too self-absorbed and (no pun intended) High on his own "Fight the Establishment!" righteousness and rhetoric on so many of his views to believe he could ever be wrong. I tried that and all he could do is shitpost insults at me instead of answering simple questions. And this is comming from me, an ACTUAL Bernie Supporter, not like him or those Bernie-or-Buster dingbats. >_<

So sad to see an apparent fellow Kaiju fan be so insultingly closed-minded. >_<

EDIT: See what I mean about "nothing but shitposting responses" from this post below?
    Ah yes, so calling people “brainwashed sheep” and then demanding they prove otherwise (by shutting up and towing the line) is so, SO conducive to constructive debate. @Lenonis this is why I don’t bother thinking of other posters much less keeping any sort of “positive” opinions of them.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Venara; 2018-03-22 at 07:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    1> $25k for a talk like this, with a speaker with a profile as high as Clinton's, is fucking peanuts. I've attended a fair number of conferences, and keynote speakers getting a stipend of $3-5k is pretty standard, and that's for speakers with a national or global profile in that industry, who people outside of that industry have likely never even heard of. And that's part of a big conference running a ton of speakers, not a single event, where you're usually paying quite a bit more, because there's no direct contribution to the industry involved.

2> This isn't "money in politics". Clinton's not running for anything and holds no public office right now.
    Yea at the very least they might have missed a 0? $250k for Hillary, even now, is probably still low.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I admit it was wrong how the DNC treated Bernie and I voted for Clinton.

Ah yes, so calling people “brainwashed sheep” and then demanding they prove otherwise (by shutting up and towing the line) is so, SO conducive to constructive debate. @Lenonis this is why I don’t bother thinking of other posters much less keeping any sort of “positive” opinions of them.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2018-03-19 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yes, so calling people “brainwashed sheep” and then demanding they prove otherwise (by shutting up and towing the line) is so, SO conducive to constructive debate. @Lenonis this is why I don’t bother thinking of other posters much less keeping any sort of “positive” opinions of them.
    Then why are you here? If I didn't think anyone on these forums had anything to offer I'd log out and never come back. Seems like this sort of bland misanthropy isn't really conducive to discussion forums. But maybe that's just my philosophy. *shrug*
    Forum badass alert:

Bernie bros are an embarrassment to Bernie Sanders, most of all.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I would be lying if I said I didn’t get some masochistic pleasure out of coming here.

These people are paid by Trump just like they always were. They're mere distraction.

Bernie has fantastic ideas.

Let him champion them in the Senate.

Let somebody younger champion them in the White House.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    You still mad bro?
    Maybe they're mad at Hillary for handing the presidency to Trump on a platter. Go figure.

Also, the group is lead by someone called "Ellen Faden". Does that sound like a "bro" to you?
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-03-19 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Bernie has fantastic ideas.

Let him champion them in the Senate.

Let somebody younger champion them in the White House.
    While I love Bernie and fully support him, I do want him to - at best - only be VP at this point.

While on the one side I don't like being an "ageist". The other side people point out that Joe Biden and even Dumbass Donnie Dump are nearly the same age as Bernie, and to me this is an important distinction that nobody realizes for a very good reason - Bernie simply physically LOOKS 20 years older than those two! And while that is something that I don't really want, it WILL be a factor going in for the majority of voters out there come 2020 exactly the same way John McCain's age played a major role in '08... especially when he made Sarah "the Baracuda" Palin his VP hoping to appeal to the disenfranchised Hillary supporters. >_<

Seems like exactly the type of idea trolls love to push in order to sow division. Clinton isn't actually running for anything, though, so eventually they'll have to create this type of nonsense using other people.