Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best foreign animated series.

We all know the American cartoons, but what about cartoons from other countries? What are some good foreign animated shows?

But 'murican cartoos are foreign.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Since anime is foreign...

Hellsing Ultimate
    Darker Than Black
    Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood
    Trinity Blood
    Ghost in the Shell
    Akira

Deathnote
    Attack on titan
    Berserk

they are basically the holy trinity

I'm specifically talking about European cartoons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Since anime is foreign...

Hellsing Ultimate
    Darker Than Black
    Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood
    Trinity Blood
    Ghost in the Shell
    Akira
    No Cowboy Bebop!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    You might wanna edit your OP then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We all know the American cartoons, but what about cartoons from other countries? What are some good foreign animated shows?
    American cartoons are foreign.

You should look for Japanese anime. The America/Europe quality is way way behind. Authors from the west are poisoned with the hollywood/gay/lgbt thoughts and so all their series are predictable and always involve boring love stories, a happy ending and a good guy fighting a bad guy (there is no in between).

Try:
    - Full metal alchemist brotherhood (64 episodes awesome in all aspect)
    - Death note (around 30 episodes i think, very brain entertaining and makes you think)
    - Naruto (500episodes. Very cool long adventure. has lots of fillers and sometimes it feels like it was made for 8 year old)
    - Bleach (very cool)
    Last edited by lummiuster; 2018-03-19 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Authors from the west are poisoned with the hollywood/gay/lgbt thinking and so all their series are predictable and always involve boring love stories, a happy ending and a good guy fighting a bad guy (there is no in between).
    What the hell is hollywood/gay/lgbt thinking in writing?

Space Battleship Yamato

Do you mean Paddington? That's the only popular "animated" series from Europe. Ohh and Thomas the Tank Engine. Is Pipi Longstockings European?

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    What the hell is hollywood/gay/lgbt thinking in writing?
    hollywood/gay/lgbt thoughts*. ill edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Do you mean Paddington? That's the only popular "animated" series from Europe. Ohh and Thomas the Tank Engine. Is Pipi Longstockings European?
    Isnt there that french cartoon? With the girl with green hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Isnt there that french cartoon? With the girl with green hair?
    Umm, I think she has red hair, and ubiquitous stockings, which are long.

15+ Year Old Account
    No game no life. Yes im serious.

Deleted
    hollywood/gay/lgbt thoughts*. ill edit it.
    I still don't get it lol

Guys, I hate to play the Devil's advocate here, but there are animation studios not based in Japan.

I bet if you dig a bit deep, you can find lots of decent quality animated shorts/series from other countries that never really reached a wide audience in North America. Countries as big as China and India probably produce quite a few, though I have no clue how the quality would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I still don't get it lol
    He's trying to say the the gay illumanotti(The Illumihotty, if you will) has taken over all sources of media in America/Europe and is actively trying to gay everything up and that Japan with their completely un-generic and un-sexualized animes are the only hope.

It's hard to think of many European animated shows that aren't just kids TV things. It's mostly movies that spring to mind like Watership Down, Belleville Rendez-vous, or Animal Farm. The animated series doesn't really have as much of a cultural precedent here as it does in the US and Asia.

You should look for Japanese anime. The America/Europe quality is way way behind. Authors from the west are poisoned with the hollywood/gay/lgbt thoughts and so all their series are predictable and always involve boring love stories, a happy ending and a good guy fighting a bad guy (there is no in between).
    Don't be that guy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Try:
    - Full metal alchemist brotherhood (64 episodes awesome in all aspect)
    - Death note (around 30 episodes i think, very brain entertaining and makes you think)
    - Naruto (500episodes. Very cool long adventure. has lots of fillers and sometimes it feels like it was made for 8 year old)
    - Bleach (very cool)
    You are aware you just listed 3/4 shows with a good guy fighting a bad guy boring love story’s and a happy ending right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Umm, I think she has red hair, and ubiquitous stockings, which are long.
    Are you taking about pippi long stockings?

This

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?