Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    No, I don't think you do. The problem is that a lot of the gear won't even be tradeable for a while, not that primary stats are valued lower than secondary stats for most classes.
    You won't need to trade it when it will be an upgrade. That's the entire point of balancing primary stats over secondary. The problem we run into now is the secondary stats are so powerful that combined they are better than the ilevel upgrade we get from primary stats. So we're left with items that are downgrades. Aside from funneling loot to others which Blizzard obviously dislikes why would you pass on upgrades you won?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Most people don't know this but at some point in the recent past blizzard made it to where you can trade any gear regardless of item level. I noticed this a few weeks ago on a fresh toon that was getting carried through Heroic Antorus when I got a 945 trinket and was able to trade it; happened again when I got a 980 relic and was able to trade it even though my highest relic was 915. Currently in game you can trade any piece of gear to another player regardless of item level, if it will stay like this I can't say but that's how it is right now and if you don't believe me you can test it out yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You won't need to trade it when it will be an upgrade. That's the entire point of balancing primary stats over secondary. The problem we run into now is the secondary stats are so powerful that combined they are better than the ilevel upgrade we get from primary stats. So we're left with items that are downgrades. Aside from funneling loot to others which Blizzard obviously dislikes why would you pass on upgrades you won?
    How are you still not understanding the point? The issue with this entire system is that it pretty much destroys any type of organized loot distribution system and will fuck gearing up for most Mythic raiding guilds with the way the current trading restriction works today. We're not talking about the issue of higher ilvl gear not being an upgrade due to secondary stats, which was proposed to be fixed anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tamonlol View Post
    Most people don't know this but at some point in the recent past blizzard made it to where you can trade any gear regardless of item level. I noticed this a few weeks ago on a fresh toon that was getting carried through Heroic Antorus when I got a 945 trinket and was able to trade it; happened again when I got a 980 relic and was able to trade it even though my highest relic was 915. Currently in game you can trade any piece of gear to another player regardless of item level, if it will stay like this I can't say but that's how it is right now and if you don't believe me you can test it out yourself.
    Somebody mentioned this to me the other day and while I have yet to experience it, I don't doubt it considering how late this is in the expansion. With that being said, I highly doubt this will remain in place in BfA, especially at the start of the expansion. I could be wrong though, and I hope I am if they go forward with this change in the loot system.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-03-19 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    You're up for a rude awakening if you think people trading loot to their friends won't cause drama.
    Yep I think loot trading should be removed as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    How are you still not understanding the point? The issue with this entire system is that it pretty much destroys any type of organized loot distribution system and will fuck gearing up for most Mythic raiding guilds with the way the current trading restriction works today. We're not talking about the issue of higher ilvl gear not being an upgrade due to secondary stats, which was proposed to be fixed anyways.
    Maybe Mythic guilds shouldn't have abused the master loot system by doing a million split runs then? It's a cause and effect here. The top 1% ruined it for everyone else.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted
    Maybe Mythic guilds shouldn't have abused the master loot system by doing a million split runs then? It's a cause and effect here. The top 1% ruined it for everyone else.
    blizz never tuned around splits except Maybe prenerf avatar and KJ mythic. ANd maybe max a 100guild tops did splits. There were plenty of guilds in top 50 even not doing it. Mainly wf guilds do it and if you remove ML they will simply find a work around or something new. blizz shouldnt tune around them or let them effect evryone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because it's the master loot system being abused when it comes down to split raids.

forcing PL doesn't stop split runs, just makes them less effecient... I guarantee the top whatever guilds will still do multiple heroic clears week 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I welcome this change. No more drama about who should get the loot, no time lost assigning loot to people.
    ive only 1timer ever had drama with ML ina archimonde normal pug in wod. Where some melee were calling each other and rest of raid names incase they dint get sword. They never stopped so made it so as RL they dint get it.
    In guilds ive never ever has issues with ML and ive been in alot of bad guilds. and ive never been anything more then a normal raider in a guild(well except in my own bank guild but thats something different)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because it's the master loot system being abused when it comes down to split raids.
    When guilds did split raids with fresh alts that just dinged 110 just to increase the chance of loot dropping they sure did. Or brought ones 50-60 ilevels lower than their current raiders. They used them like warm bodies. It's no secret. They would carry the dead weight with the DPS from their mains. That's abuse. Not against the rules but against the spirit of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    When guilds did split raids with fresh alts that just dinged 110 just to increase the chance of loot dropping they sure did. Or brought ones 50-60 ilevels lower than their current raiders. They used them like warm bodies. It's no secret. They would carry the dead weight with the DPS from their mains. That's abuse. Not against the rules but against the spirit of the game.
    Are you new to this game? People being carried in raids wasn't introduced with split raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    forcing PL doesn't stop split runs, just makes them less effecient... I guarantee the top whatever guilds will still do multiple heroic clears week 1.
    How so? They would bring warm bodies along as every 5 players was a guaranteed drop. These characters were 50+ or higher ilevel under the current content. With personal loot none of these warm bodies would be able to trade loot. So the entire split run concept would be destroyed as only the people who they are funneling loot to would be able to possibly trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you new to this game? People being carried in raids wasn't introduced with split raiding.
    Carrying isn't stacking a raid group with 30 bodies and funneling the loot to a handful of people who executed the carry. That's entirely different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carrying isn't stacking a raid group with 30 bodies and funneling the loot to a handful of people who executed the carry.
    1. regardless of who's getting loot, the person is literally being carried by the high DPS 2. that's still not abusing master loot 3. you're wrong

How so? They would bring warm bodies along as every 5 players was a guaranteed drop. These characters were 50+ or higher ilevel under the current content. With personal loot none of these warm bodies would be able to trade loot. So the entire split run concept would be destroyed as only the people who they are funneling loot to would be able to possibly trade.
    I guess you wouldn't call them split runs per se, but they'll still run a bunch of runs and people will take whatever character ended up getting the most loot from heroic into mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you wouldn't call them split runs per se, but they'll still run a bunch of runs and people will take whatever character ended up getting the most loot from heroic into mythic.
    Don't be mistaken, there will still be split runs and this change won't stop them. If anything it will just upset people who do split raids even more.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? If everyone is using the same system, you're neither advantaged or disadvantaged by any change.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they get the hand me downs that the people don't need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    you're neither advantaged or disadvantaged by any change.
    Sure you are.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. regardless of who's getting loot, the person is literally being carried by the high DPS 2. that's still not abusing master loot 3. you're wrong
    Blizzard has even commented on their disgust of the practice. It's not a carry raid when the intent is to funnel look to a handful of players. I guess it's pointless to argue because it's gone right? Blizzard is putting an end to it.

This is the progression guild's fault with their split runs. Congrats.