Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera are coming.

It's now the worst kept secret in WoW, after the previous worst kept secret (playable Kul Tirans) was revealed last week. There is absolutely no way Blizzard would put that much work into the Vulpera if they weren't going to be made playable. Frankly I am a little surprised, I thought they'd wait until the Goblins got their rig update before going ahead with it (seeing as the share the same skeleton and all) but I guess that is for Blizzard to worry about.

In a world with Panda people, cute gnomes, cow people, hyena people, walrus people, snake people and even the Worgen, the Vulpera do not exactly stand out. Anthropomorphised animal races have a long tradition in WoW. What I believe is really triggering some people is that the Vulpera are cute, and the addition of a cute race really sticks in the craw.

As someone who believes variety is a great thing (but not duplication), Vulpera will appeal to players...and they do exist...who like cute thing and like playing cute races. There is absolutely no reason why they the Vulpera shouldn't be added to the game. If Vulpera aren't your cup of tea, there are plenty of edgy races for you to place. Forsaken, Void Elves, Worgen etc.

Now, in some ways the OP is distracting people from the true argument regarding Vulpera. Whether they will be Alliance or Horde. THAT is what will set off a firestorm in the forums once it is revealed because I believe the desire for Vulpera massively outweighs the antipathy of those opposed.

Circumstantial evidence, the presence of the Vulpera on the Horde continent, the fact the Horde will be the first to interact with them and (I think) that the Vulpera files share the same coding with Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren does suggest the Vulpera are intended to join the Horde. If that were to happen, it will feed into the huge debate that is being had where some Alliance players feel the Horde is getting all the good things. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I now want a comic of a raid group going into Molten Core and their Dwarf's beard catches fire. And only the dwarf's beard.
    *sits down with popcorn, watching the poor dwarf, which was sadly also a priest healer, running in circles on fire*

"Don' ye jus' sit ther', lad! HALP!".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's like people never grew up with Disney movies. Anthro races have been in western media for a very long time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ababmer View Post
    It doesn't fit into the lore, this game isn't an anime furry convention, it's western fantasy.

If you think it fits into the game and want to play it then i seriously suggest you get your testosterone levels checked by a medical professional (seriously)
    Is every single character you play in every game a male? If so maybe you should follow your own advice. Or maybe....it's a fantasy video game.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't fit into the lore, this game isn't an anime furry convention, it's western fantasy.

If you think it fits into the game and want to play it then i seriously suggest you get your testosterone levels checked by a medical professional (seriously)
    No one cares how you feel about this. Literally no one.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    It's like people never grew up with Disney movies. Anthro races have been in western media for a very long time.
    DnD even has a ton of anthro races like gnolls, furbolg, tabaxi, kobolds, dragonborn, tortles, yuan-ti, and many many more depending on your DM. The Elder Scrolls is also chock full of races like argonians, khajiit, sload, tsaeci, ko-tun-po, etc. And those are just rpgs, if we want to talk just plain media we have everything from Star Fox to Buggs Bunny.

Anthro races have been a thing for so long in western media it's actually kind of shocking that people are so against them. I guess furries on the internet are just that scary to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    DnD even has a ton of anthro races like gnolls, furbolg, tabaxi, kobolds, dragonborn, tortles, yuan-ti, and many many more depending on your DM. The Elder Scrolls is also chock full of races like argonians, khajiit, sload, tsaeci, ko-tun-po, etc. And those are just rpgs, if we want to talk just plain media we have everything from Star Fox to Buggs Bunny.

Anthro races have been a thing for so long in western media it's actually kind of shocking that people are so against them. I guess furries on the internet are just that scary to some people.
    It's been a thing since antiquity, look at the Egyptian Gods, Chinese mythology (they even had a rule that animals that live long enough gain sentience, and often seek out human mates).

Anthropomorphism is one of the earliest ways humanity flexed their imaginations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    *sits down with popcorn, watching the poor dwarf, which was sadly also a priest healer, running in circles on fire*

"Don' ye jus' sit ther', lad! HALP!".
    *Worgen shifts back into human form* Bloody hell that was close!

But I'm a woman. :-/

In all seriousness, I understand you OP. If I was that insecure, I also wouldn't want kickass little foxes being better raiders and PvPers than me. Fortunately I don't feel the need to be the most alpha-est alpha barrel-sized muscles orcman, so it's not a problem!

You'd probably mock Frodo for being small and cute too, when he was just arriving back at the Shire after saving the world. You know, since we're talking about western fantasy, seems fair to talk about one of the most popular worlds in the genre. Tyrion Lannister also seems to be fairly successful as a character, granted he's not quite as adorable.

Small=/=bad at fighting, ESPECIALLY IN FANTASY SETTINGS.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a april fools joke leak?

I can't imagine a fox race wearing a bra and panties.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread already started in a way that is questionable and didn;t get much better as it went. Closing this here.

CLOSED.