Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Anyone else find it weird that...

Anyone else find it weird that a lot of the people complaining about vulpera being bait for people with furry fetishes are really the only ones sexualizing them?

Like seriously, it's kind of creepy. Can't I desire to play a vulture-riding lombax-fox gypsy-bedouin without people getting triggered because there's a miniscule group of people that find attraction in anthropomorphic animals that I am not responsible for?

Deleted
    It's not weird, there are stereotypes tied to everything in mmo's and fantasy. What's weird is that ''furries'' exist but anyway, stereotypes shouldn't affect your decision to play something. I think Vulpera look pretty cool, I'm glad that so far it's pointing at them joining the Horde and not Alliance though, from what I've read they will be friends with the goblins really quick. I'm sure some of them are pirates too.

No I don't regularly think about socializing characters in this video game nor spend time caring about the opinions of people who might.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    It's not weird, there are stereotypes tied to everything in mmo's and fantasy. What's weird is that ''furries'' exist but anyway, stereotypes shouldn't affect your decision to play something. I think Vulpera look pretty cool, I'm glad that so far it's pointing at them joining the Horde and not Alliance though, from what I've read they will be friends with the goblins really quick. I'm sure some of them are pirates too.
    I feel like they're going to be a strong merchant race and considering that they're foxes, I could see them having a reputation of swindling and thievery, a perfect goblin allied race if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    No I don't regularly think about socializing characters in this video game nor spend time caring about the opinions of people who might.
    haha brilliant response
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Anyone else find it weird that a lot of the people complaining about vulpera being bait for people with furry fetishes are really the only ones sexualizing them?

without people getting triggered because there's a miniscule group of people that find attraction in anthropomorphic animals that I am not responsible for?
    people just don't want this stuff in "their game" and it doesn't fit their fantasy of what their game "should be", people should be able to decide to see these creatures in game, and not be forced to have these new creatures ruin their personal view. In less words, if I don't want to see Pandaren, I shouldn't be forced to see pandaren, and this should be an option that Blizzard offers for other things in-game. If I don't want updated character models or animations, I shouldn't be forced to use them. If I don't want to download 40gb of game files, I shouldn't need to do that either. And If I don't want Vulpera, then I shouldn't need to see them.

All of this is/was possible already, but it's also made illegal by Blizzard - like other things Blizzard destroyed - they should offer suitable alternatives. people are never going to be okay with Vulpera, millions of players still aren't cool with Pandaren.

If you block someone they shouldn't be rendered anymore. maybe a similar system for mounts and transmogs, thousands of people would block pandaren entirely, and vulpera entirely and huge annoying mounts and inappropriate transmog sets - this is good for literally everyone involved, because all of these individual players very clearly have different views of the game, and this means that they will never need to interact with people that they don't want to interact with.

Out of sight isn't the best, but at least it's something. If they can't get groups because literally everyone removed them from existence, that becomes their issue, not the issue of anyone else.
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2018-03-19 at 01:17 PM.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they're going to be a strong merchant race and considering that they're foxes, I could see them having a reputation of swindling and thievery, a perfect goblin allied race if you ask me.
    Same here. But I think people just can't handle the way they look...

Meh, i just don't like them because they remind me so much of Goblins, which i despise with passion.

But if you or anyone like the Fox fellas, why should you care for what others think?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I definitely get the feeling that they're worried playable vulpera will awaken something in them that they've spent their lives trying to suppress.

I watched that Allcraft episode a week ago where they kept talking about hating Vulpera because they were "too sexy looking," and it's like... uhh, okay. If you think fox people look sexy, that's definitely a you issue.

Generally speaking, you can tell who the furries are and who the people deep in the closet and afraid of furries are because they're the ones more focused on the idea of getting a cool fox race with a neat racial culture than worrying about how sexualized they look or can be made to look

I’m gonna race change all my characters to Vulpera and give them all slutmogs

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I find weird is when I meet someone who thinks pandas and taurens in WoW are perfectly normal but are vehemently against vulpera, exactly because they're a 'furry' race. I have one friend that fits this description. Like, I understand people have different opinions, I just have a hard time understanding this one specifically.

Disclaimer: I like pandas and taurens, I don't mind vulperas.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    I don't care about Vulpera, and I care even less about 12 year olds opinions on bestiality.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Meh, i just don't like them because they remind me so much of Goblins, which i despise with passion.

But if you or anyone like the Fox fellas, why should you care for what others think?
    Because the painfully vocal outcry against them could potentially sabotage them for the people who want to play them? We've seen it happen with the female Worgen. They had a perfectly good design but tons of naysayers came crawling out of the woodwork crying about how they were 'too sexy' and 'not vicious' and 'looked like anime/furry things'. And then we were left with snarling, bug-eyed chihuahuas for years.

Deleted
    They stole vulpera from Wildstar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    I don't care about Vulpera, and I care even less about 12 year olds opinions on bestiality.
    Enough to comment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Enough to comment
    There's a "don't care" option for voting in the Vulpera poll in the main section. So there.

10+ Year Old Account

Like seriously, it's kind of creepy. Can't I desire to play a vulture-riding lombax-fox gypsy-bedouin without people getting triggered because there's a miniscule group of people that find attraction in anthropomorphic animals that I am not responsible for?
    I think who, or I guess "what-ever" other people find attractive, is there own personal choice. But with that said, it should be treated like religion (in a way).

You choose to like what you like, period. You just don't push it, or shame others for it. (or for not)
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    What I find weird is when I meet someone who thinks pandas and taurens in WoW are perfectly normal but are vehemently against vulpera, exactly because they're a 'furry' race.
    Because Tauren are basically Minotaurs.
    In fact, Tauren were actually called Minotaur in early Warcraft 3 development.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Minotaur

Foxes tend to be very often associated with furries, Cows and bulls just aren't, having a known creature in greek mythology helps there obviously.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Atethecat

Saying that is similar to the phrase "a racist mind is a racist kind" in the sense of somebody who outwardly speaks out about things being potentially racist are in fact the racist ones, due to their minds constantly thinking about it, in turn condemning everything they think is racist... as racist. They are the true racist.

It's one of those things where the unchecked actions are screaming out "racist" but the person swears they are not; they are merely calling out these racist things. One of those "saying what everyone is thinking" scenarios.

This may be a stretch of an example (lol) but I think it fits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Considering furries are often associated with such things are you really surprised?

You chose to be associated with a fandom widely known to indulge in such things. People finding you creepy is part of the consequence of that.

It doesn't help that they're the size of children.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-03-19 at 08:32 PM.