Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    Well to play devil's advocate we've been seeing Zandalari NPCs around since vanilla. Even if it's only now we're visiting their homeland they're hardly particularly isolated in the context of wow lore.
    Sure, but in Cata and MoP, we've mostly seen Zul's followers.

Now, DKs are a different thing, since they explicitly were present in Northrend at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I don't like the decision that the new allied races can't be monks. It doesn't make much sense, as it's something that can be learned. There are monk trainers scattered across Azeroth now. It's not like a Death Knight, where it's technically in the past. Theoretically any new race can 'choose' to pick up the ways of being a monk.

What I'm trying to say is that Zandalari should be able to be monks. Any new race should be able to.
    If they can become warriors, they can become monks too.
    Classes come with their own lore and stuff, some races clash with that and make it impossible for that race to be some class, it's not just physical limitations. Sure they already made shit that makes no sense at all but I don't think it's a reason to make it worse.

I tend to think some of the races we have already had monks, and teachings of the Pandaren only added to their knowledge.

Humans had zealous Scarlet Monks, and Draenei had Auechenai Monks, again some sort of zealotry there. It would be weird that only the Pandaren noticed Chi and weaponized it. They might be the best monks, but not the only ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean I assume that before the monk retcon of scarlet monks, their monks and the Auchenai were simply martial artists who augmented their abilities with holy spells. More like a priest melee subclass than what the monk class is.
    Rushing Jade Wind? Invoke Xuen? Niuzao Statue? I mean, worship of the August Celestials seems to be tied with Monk abilities, so there's definitely some religious technique there as well. Followers of the Jade Serpent are almost all monks.

I don't think the Monks we have are all that different from the zealot Monks that utilize the light, so maybe Human monks used some sort of Chi as well to compliment their abilities? Would be nice to get some clarification.

In any case, Zandalari worship the Loa, who mostly resemble the Wild Gods, which is a whole different debate. Pandaren monks do follow four Wild Gods as well. I'm not arguing for playable Zandalari monks, but they came up with Paladins on their own, it is not too much of a stretch to think they found out about the Chi on their own as well.

Why do people want Zandalari to be every single class?This is getting ridiculous.

Deleted
    leave the panda at his pandaland pls