Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Tyrande View Post
    there is a lot to be gained, wow wouldnt have become so watered down if it wasnt for the concept that every race should get everything.

had they respected their own creation's culture, night elves would have had male-only druids and female only priestesses.

the 'gain' is in the preservation of their own lore.

This is the same reason warcraft movie didn't do as well as they had hoped. It was their own fault for trying to cater to everyone instead of their own huge demographic.
    Their own "Huge Demographic" was going to see Warcraft no matter how bad it was. Except for the salty boys who are against all things Warcraft that don't fit their specific personal criteria.

And in the end, the Writing and Direction were the weakest parts of the film, which makes it as true to Warcraft as it gets. *playfully*
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by opposing critter View Post
    You can now if you have the rep for the toy
    which toy?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I dont think I would care. Infact If that s the only way we can get Ogres I an supporting it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think if they were to add ogres they should be one headed and two headed options.. I just see the fem option either not being as cool, watered down to have curves and boobs, and probably head the path of fem worgen.
    Perfect to leave it ambiguous.

Deleted
    If it makes sense lore wise, sure. But there are very few races where it would be make much sense imo.

As for banshees, I always thought that the wraith like npc's in Throne of Thunder's 'wind alley' where male. no idea why.

- - - Updated - - -

I would somehow like a race where it's pretty much impossible to tell on the outside what gender it is (think Pratchett's dwarves if you are familiar with his work).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I think it's curious that the Succubus have no apparent males, and the Dreadlords apparently don't have females, yet they look like eachother.
    I know blizzard once said something about adding different genders for warlocks minions, but I since that was back in 2011, it feels like that isn't happening anymore.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...746?page=7#121

Banshee is not a bad idea. I would go with Dryard for Alliance. Would make me at least play this alt on Alliance more often. Plus it would be something new. They could come up with some Dryard magic to have them transform into normal elves for non combat for mounts. But they could also be their own mount, just like the worgen travel form. Not easily done, but with some work, it could be a thing. If they break this humanoid pattern, other races could be possible like Naga (I really hope this will never be a playble Horde or Alliance race)
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Deleted
    Race locked features end up being more frustrating than rewarding for players, so I'd stay away from them.
    Not everything needs to be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Have we ever seen female Ogre ?
    Have you ever seen any female worgen before the Cataclysm expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I wouldn't be happy with a "Monogender" or "Genderless" race and I'll express why pretty simply:

There are no Genderless Races in gaming. They're all coded masculine or feminine and presented as one or the other. Asari? Genderless. They're all hot blue chicks. Warforged? Genderless. They're all big robot dudes with broad shoulders and tiny hips. Even voice-coding exists to ensure that even if a given race is meant to be "Genderless" it has a clear gender presented. This is because our society is -incredibly- Binaristic. We think of everything in opposition because of our grammatical structure and history. Where there is no dichotomy we -create- a dichotomy.

It's super frustrating. Particularly for nonbinary individuals.

As to a monogender race (All Girls or All Guys): I hate playing men in videogames. I can't immerse myself in them because I get uncomfortably dysphoric. And all-female races are almost invariably portrayed in an overtly sexualized manner, like the Succubi and the Shivarra posted upthread. Because they're monogender people seem to feel the need to exaggerate their gender and because most people think of gender and sex as intertwined: BAM! Sexy as can be.
    Damn I never explicitly realized this, that's actually really really stupid. :/

I noticed the hot-lesbian thing with asari (kinda hard to miss), but never realized the few genderless races we have in gaming (and fiction in general) aren't genderless at all. And now I really want them, and not just in wow...

Can only imagine how it must be if you fall outside the M/F label.

OT: gender-locked is silly, gimme genderless, properly. Although no matter what, people will always decide it's a certain gender anyway. Because it has too, to fit their world view.