Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Well not really because the packages exploding in Austin is very real.
    So you're saying murders are fake?

Ok fine, fine Celista I hate Texas you happy, I wouldn't likely live there in the first place.

But no I know people in Texas, and none of them say anything good about Texas.
    I haven't been so I don't know what TX is really like, lol. I try not to pre-judge a place before I've been there. I grew up in Alaska and Alaskans hate Texans for some reason though lol it's funny.

I have heard good things about Austin! Minus the package situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    So you're saying murders are fake?
    Well I am saying that, I wouldn't want to get one of these packages no matter how much anybody else might be saying, "Nah, it will be someone else"
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Trust me as a former postman you can gurantee they are being extra, EXTRA vigilant now.

We learn how to spot parcel bombs and i can bet each delivery driver is being extra careful.

Certain explosives give off a particular smell like the smell of almonds and you can bet they now have hounds checking sorting offices for items going into the austin area.

Bottom line is dont worry you can bet they will find this loony soon enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    ...statistically she has a higher chance of getting hit by lightning; do you worry about that too?
    Actually, that's wrong.

There have been 4 bombings in Austin this month out of a 1 million population...so about 1 in 250,000 chance (assuming this is random). Getting hit by lightning is about 1 in 700,000 chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I haven't been so I don't know what TX is really like, lol. I try not to pre-judge a place before I've been there. I grew up in Alaska and Alaskans hate Texans for some reason though lol it's funny.

I have heard good things about Austin! Minus the package situation.
    I've been to Texas, I have been to Alaska, I love Alaska, I hated Texas especially their driving.

Signs to look out for

1. The most obvious is are you expecting a parcel?
    2. The smell like i said explosives have a distinctive smell
    3. Hand written address - Bombers tend not to use official printed out addresses like you would see at amazon.
    4. Overly wrapped package - Bombers dont want it to explode accidentally so they will wrap it up extra secure.
    5. Lots of stamps, more stamps than is needed - Bombers dont want the parcel to be rejected cause of lack of postage
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-03-20 at 05:01 AM.

I've been to Texas, I have been to Alaska, I love Alaska, I hated Texas especially their driving.
    Alaska is great the three months out of the year that there is no snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    Signs to look out for

1. The most obvious are you expecting a parcel?
    2. The smell like i said explosives have a distinctive smell
    3. Hand written address - Bombers tend not to us official printed out address like you would see at amazon.
    4. Overly wrapped package - Bombers dont want it to explode accidentally so they will wrap it up extra secure.
    5. Lots of stamps, more stamps than is needed - Bombers dont want the parcel to be rejected cause of lack of postage
    Not sure I agree with #3, I would assume the package would be more likely to have a printed label as handwriting can be used to ID more easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alaska is great the three months out of the year that there is no snow!
    I like that and solitude I hate people

I guess the best thing you can do is to just stay vigilant, just as police say whenever there's a major gathering. Be alert, be aware of your surroundings, but don't be afraid.

Unfortunately, there's not much else you can do aside from locking yourself in your own house. It's one of those concerns that doesn't have easy comfortable reassurances =/

I like that and solitude I hate people
    Well right now the state is in a recession and crime is high, my high school friends are constantly posting stories about theft incidents, shootings, etc. So not sure I recommend moving there. It's tempting though with all that beauty, was up there last summer and thought about moving back even though I should know better.

Not sure I agree with #3, I would assume the package would be more likely to have a printed label as handwriting can be used to ID more easily.
    Well the package is usually blown up to smithereens but tbh i learnt this info ages ago so i guess in this day and age number 3 might not be all that useful. But most bombers tend to be older people living on there own and they certainly would not pop into a staples to buy printed labels if they can help it but a hand written parcel its still a massive red flag though if you see it.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-03-20 at 01:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    If you had family that lived in an area where lightning strikes went up by 500% would you be concerned for their safety even if the odds were still relatively small?
    Going up by 500% doesn't mean much when it's going from 1-5. Yeah, that's 500%. It's not going from 1-500.

That's not saying I wouldn't be concerned. But statistically, his sister is more likely to be raped, murdered, hit by a car, or die by a random heart attack than to be killed in one of these bombings.

And what the hell does posting about it here do?

@VGAddict: call your fucking sister and tell her to stay indoors and not open packages if she gets any. Jesus.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well right now the state is in a recession and crime is high, my high school friends are constantly posting stories about theft incidents, shootings, etc. So not sure I recommend moving there. It's tempting though with all that beauty, was up there last summer and thought about moving back even though I should know better.
    I am well armed, but I don't plan to move up there for at least a couple years, I still have to figure out this whole GF relationship thing first before I retire, who knows maybe she'll help me go house hunting, I would say my 2nd choice would be Wyoming, but Yeah heart set on Alaska.

Like I said I have guns, and I am a excellent shot

Thanks for the heads up, plus if I get in any shit, Ill be all like Celista, then they will back off

Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    Well the package is usually blown up to smithereens but tbh i learnt this info ages ago so i guess in this day and age number 3 might not be all that useful. But most bombers tend to be older people living on there own and they certainly would not pop into a staples to buy printed labels if they can help it but a hand written parcel its still a massive red flag though if you see it.
    Ah good point haha. I do suspect the police will get their hands on an intact package soon enough, though and that will help with ID.

- - - Updated - - -

I am well armed, but I don't plan to move up there for at least a couple years, I still have to figure out this whole GF relationship thing first before I retire, who knows maybe she'll help me go house hunting, I would say my 2nd choice would be Wyoming, but Yeah heart set on Alaska.

Like I said I have guns, and I am a excellent shot

Thanks for the heads up, plus if I get in any shit, Ill be all like Celista, then they will back off
    Well everyone up there has guns haha so hopefully you're the better shooter. There is no place in the lower 48 like Alaska so if you have your heart set on it then go for it. Good luck wherever you end up

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Going up by 500% doesn't mean much when it's going from 1-5. Yeah, that's 500%. It's not going from 1-500.
    I know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah good point haha. I do suspect the police will get their hands on an intact package soon enough, though and that will help with ID.

- - - Updated - - -

Well everyone up there has guns haha so hopefully you're the better shooter. There is no place in the lower 48 like Alaska so if you have your heart set on it then go for it. Good luck wherever you end up
    I am a better shot than everybody muahahaha. But yeah the places I am looking seem a bit out of the way.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...rect/7_zm/9_p/

There you go this don't look so bad

I am a better shot than everybody muahahaha. But yeah the places I am looking seem a bit out of the way.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...rect/7_zm/9_p/

There you go this don't look so bad
    I went through Palmer for the state fair, it's sadly turned into kindof a depressing shithole. It used to be a lot nicer, I miss the wolf farm. The musk ox farm was fun though...Fairbanks was nicer than expected (but that weather man...). Anchorage is generic townville.

I recommend looking down the Kenai Penninsula towards Seward/Homer, Eagle River or along the panhandle. I saw plots of land for sale along the Alaska Highway starting at 10k with power/water heading into Anchorage so there are good values to be found.

Make sure you're OK with shitting in an outhouse, a lot of those properties have them. I was glad to be back home with indoor toilets after my trip up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went through Palmer for the state fair, it's sadly turned into kindof a depressing shithole. It used to be a lot nicer, I miss the wolf farm. The musk ox farm was fun though...Fairbanks was nicer than expected (but that weather man...). Anchorage is generic townville.

I recommend looking down the Kenai Penninsula towards Seward/Homer, Eagle River or along the panhandle. I saw plots of land for sale along the Alaska Highway starting at 10k with power/water heading into Anchorage so there are good values to be found.

Make sure you're OK with shitting in an outhouse, a lot of those properties have them. I was glad to be back home with indoor toilets after my trip up.

Yeah that one was near 800k not going that damn high but there are some pretty nice with indoor plumbing. Just glad you didn't say Wasilla LOL

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...ect/7_zm/10_p/

Much better, has indoor plumbing Not in Wasilla either

You're an idiot if that's why you're worried.