Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

braces and dating

if someone have braces for their teeth to fix them how much does that affect ur attraction to them? is it only the person who wears them who feel like its ugly to smile with braces because ur mouth is full of metal and others dont care?

I don't think it would really bother me. Some people wearing braces have teeth that are fine and are just treating something very minor.

Why are you making so many threads? Don't worry about some guy calling out your makeup and braces boo, you will one day find someone that likes you for you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I don't date teenagers anymore so it's not really an issue
    its not only teenagers who have braces

I've only seen teens and younger with braces.

I'm personnally weird,but if I like the person and their personnality,doesn't really matter if they have braces or other stuff as long as it's not largely impairing in life (and even then,if I really like the person a lot,I can look past that)

For the average person who focuses more on appearance,if they find you pretty,I don't think braces will be a deal breaker.
    Only reason it would be a deal breaker I think is if someone thinks you're just barely right to date,not more than that,then yeah,I can see how one default can make it fail

But other than that,should be fine with most people

Plenty of adults get braces. It only bothers the shallow people who can't see pass the temporary nature of braces

I usually think it’s kind of cute actually.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    I usually think it’s kind of cute actually.
    This. So long as the person takes care to brush her teeth and stuff properly enough so that it doesn't stink, it wouldn't even be a factor for me to consider

They are temporary.

I would not date someone with braces if they were well into their adult years.

It's weird.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahah Braces seriously, I wouldn't care, it's almost like asking about classes and dating. Is that really a hurdle or something?

I would say who cares, they are braces, as long as she takes care of them and herself, I don't care, beauty really is deeper than something that unimportant.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    if someone have braces for their teeth to fix them how much does that affect ur attraction to them? is it only the person who wears them who feel like its ugly to smile with braces because ur mouth is full of metal and others dont care?
    I have a minor crush on someone with braces right now. I think it's cute how I can tell she's self-conscious when she smiles.

Don't worry about it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Plenty of adults get braces. It only bothers the shallow people who can't see pass the temporary nature of braces
    I know a 40-something electrician who rocks his braces. I couldn't pull it off, but he definitely doesn't look too bad.

I mean, if you want straight teeth, it's just one of those things.

It's cute on some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Their fine, i had them when i was 17 and 18 so its not a big deal for me. plus they eventually come off.

Yeah I've known a few adult girls that had braces. I still thought they had pretty cute smiles. I don't think most normal people care that much.

Either way, even if they think they look goofy, the braces come off sooner or later.

Iam nearly 40 so i guess i would say OK is this girl underage? or why is someone nearly 40 wearing braces?

Iam getting the usual teenage angst vibe from this so i will just say dont let anything you experience in your teen years affect the person you will become. The teenage years are the worst but be strong and learn enough to live through them and then you will reach maturity and then you enjoy being a chronic alcoholic cynic like me!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-03-20 at 04:48 AM.

I doubt it would bother me.

Its fucked up but i know people who would get turned on!!