Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Huh? Sounds like you're saying the same argument as me.
    No.. Again, you can freely have any issues with this, and have any opinion about it. Because guess what? it's allowed. Your opinion as about as useless as it gets. Because it boils down to:

"You disagree topkek! I guess you have like totally those amount of views lol"

Destroying any form of a coherent discussion, since it's a useless, baseless and completely/utterly irrelevant point. It's the usual "Shit, I lost what I wanted to reach with this, so I will resort to this"

There is nothing big about this for:

Twitch
    Video gaming (Seriously? I think that Pacman, Tetris, Wow, Everquest, Runescape were quite a bit of a bigger impact than random hip hop failure joining a random streamer in a random game)

If you seriously think people will remember this, they won't. It's about as news worthy as "Trump fired person X". Huge news for the Trump fanboys + haters for a day or 2, and then people will have forgotten.
    Last edited by 8bithamster; 2018-03-18 at 09:22 AM.

I'm suprised at how many people joins a thread with a very descriptive name just to tell everyone how uninterested they are in the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only stream that matters is TwitchPlaysPokemon

- - - Updated - - -

10k actual viewers, 90k viewbots, and 500k people showing up for memes
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    People still give a shit about streamers?
    someone is mad they don't make over 250k a month lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I'm suprised at how many people joins a thread with a very descriptive name just to tell everyone how uninterested they are in the topic.
    Yeah, all I see is a bunch of salty people

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    someone is mad they don't make over 250k a month lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, all I see is a bunch of salty people
    Money doesn't make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Money doesn't make everyone happy.
    Yeah, I guess crying about other peoples success on a gaming forum brings him much more happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Internet 101, just generalize everyone who an different view from yours and accuse them of being jelly/salty/mad/butthurt/hating/whatsofuckinever for an instant win.
    Well his comment was saying people give a shit about streamers, seeing as millions watch people every day on twitch its clear people do care and hes being salty, so yeah totally instant win ect

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    People still give a shit about streamers?
    Streamers like Lirik or Sodapoppin make more money in an hour or two just from donations than I do from a full 80 hours at my job. Shit is absolutely crazy. Here I am slaving away at a job that I don't enjoy so I can pay the bills and keep roof over my head.. Then you have these 18 to 23 year old streamers who are having the time of their lives just playing video games and will make more money than I ever will in my life time in just 2 to 3 years. lol
    Last edited by FrostyButt; 2018-03-20 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    He's just some guy who viewbotted his way to success, I mean nobody knows the guy yet his hitting ridiculous numbers.
    He played pubg with shroud for a few hours only like a month ago and he was small time at that pount.
    Hint: Viewbots are not paying $5/month, and he has something like 180k subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Hint: Viewbots are not paying $5/month, and he has something like 180k subscribers.
    I honestly have no idea who Ninja is. I never come across his stream when browsing channels either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/DanStapleton/sta...59150069329920

Dan Stapleton speaks for me on this one. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that I am no longer "with it", if I ever was in the first place, and none of this makes any sense to me anymore.
    Dan Stapleston also works for IGN, which has been both out of touch and irrelevant for at least over a decade so it's not really that surprising.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-03-20 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Streamers like Lirik or Sodapoppin make more money in an hour or two just from donations than I do from a full 80 hours at my job. Shit is absolutely crazy. Here I am slaving away at a job that I don't enjoy so I can pay the bills and keep roof over my head.. Then you have these 18 to 23 year old streamers who are having the time of their lives just playing video games and will make more money than I ever will in my life time in just 2 to 3 years. lol
    People more entertaining then you have been making more money then you before the internet ever existed.

And what they make is still vastly dwarfed by actual real world celebs. Dwayne Johnson probably makes more money for an appearance then they do in a month.

I'm not sure why people act like B list celebs are some new phenomenon just because some "play games" on a stream. It's still just being an entertainer at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-20 at 04:22 AM.

Capitalism for you. The streamers and other entertainers have or make what people want so they profit from it. Nothing wrong with it and silly to complain about it, it's how the free market works.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plagueshard801 View Post
    I hear you. I asked my sons who are 8 and 6 what the appeal of watching someone play a game and provide nonsensical commentary was, when we own the damn games they are watching. They laughed at me and told me I'm too old and boring to get it.
    Why do we watch football or any kind of sport with good players in it?
    Same deal different generation.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I don't know. Why do we post on a gaming forum about politics? That sounds even more stupid to me.
    because this website has an off topics section like most forums.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Why do we watch football or any kind of sport with good players in it?
    Same deal different generation.
    Different demographic, not really generation. The kids interested in playing and watching real sports probably have no clue what the fuck twitch is. The only video games they know is "madden" "dat 2k" "Fifa" and maybe the side of GTA/CoD.

How many star athletes in HS give a shit about gaming culture? I would wager the number is very small. The only difference is now, the nerds have other options besides just playing it themselves.

Just going to leave this here.

IT does show how our society is.