Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I would be very surprised if transmog isn't in it.

It does not affect gameplay at all and it is massively popular, to the point where there are a huge group of players who mostly play the game for transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with your analogy is that classic isn't being made especially for you.
    I can actually see transmog being introduced in a different method. It will not be in Classic wow but you will be able to collect transmogs from vanilla wow add to your retail account.

Things you will see added to the list:
    Multiple attachment mail capability
    Report in BG's and right click report in chat
    the current AH as the vanilla one was crap
    The post Master as it automation of this is better than the old loot problems.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot one more. Sharding at launch, not cross realm but the opposite. Sharding, breaking the player base into smaller subservers to handle the load better. So that there is only a couple hundred people in the stating zone and not 10,000+ on launch day. This will also allow them to make larger server populations to handle the attrition that will be part of classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    BattleNet was already announced as a feature, even before Blizzcon. Blizzard was looking for a way to integrate Vanilla into their BattleNet, post Nostalrius conference, pre-Blizzcon.

Players seem to like BattleNet. Security is a big checkpoint.

The only screeching here is from those looking for that (empty) "gotcha!" moment
    . Followed by much silence.

*crickets*
    Well, at least you're self-aware.

But no, most of the screeching comes from "purists".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    I can actually see transmog being introduced in a different method. It will not be in Classic wow but you will be able to collect transmogs from vanilla wow add to your retail account.
    Didn't they already address this? I was under the impression that the account-wide features and transmog mechanics, would not be a part of Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Well, at least you're self-aware.

But no, most of the screeching comes from "purists".

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't they already address this? I was under the impression that the account-wide features and transmog mechanics, would not be a part of Classic.
    They said that you account wide features will not be in Classic, they never said that classic will not effect account wide features.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    So you're saying that if someone else says they don't want onions on their burger it could mean that they want some onions on their burger? If anyone says they don't want any changes to vanilla people assume that they don't want any changes to vanilla. How on earth are you supposed to figure out that they mean "no changes, except for X, Y and Z"??
    No, I'm saying that it doesn't matter if you want onions on your burger or not, because you aren't getting a specially made burger just for you. You're getting the same burger everyone gets, and that's whatever burger Blizzard thinks will sell best, and if you don't like onions, you're just going to have to not eat them.

Those really aren't changes and are expected to be part of the game, but I don't want my game play changed, I want unbalanced classes, I want gold to matter like it did, I want to have to go to the capital to spam Trade for dungeons.

They said that you account wide features will not be in Classic, they never said that classic will not effect account wide features.
    Huh, well then hope lives! Perhaps Classic servers will finally remove the dependance on the BMAH for the Zul'gurub mounts, AKA having real money boosters snipe X mounts since they sell them for thousands of euros to various sap.

10+ Year Old Account
    here is a fun 'change' i have not seen mentioned but one that seems inevitable for Today's Blizzard.

Enchanting - scrolls. I leveled enchanting to max in BC and, for anyone not in a guild which had large demand for enchants, it was a LOT of work. First, getting key end-game enchants (drops in dungeons etc), then spending time in cities offering those enchants in /2 once you got into the last leg when only very expensive enchants would give skill points. lets not forget a trainer for alliance INSIDE Uldaman, as well. (and more generally, higher-level profession trainers in out-of-the-way places, though the Uldaman trainer was particularly ruff given that it was in an instance.

Can anyone imagine blizzard actually letting either the Uldaman trainer or the face-to-face sales only stand? I think it is more likely all ench. trainers can train all levels, and they find some way to let enchanting level to max without making the player work at it or something - just letting scrolls be bought from vendors would do it, essentially letting enchants be sold in AH like in 3.0+.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-03-19 at 03:25 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

i meant this to be a jumping off point to further discussion. i know the list is a bit silly due to most of the stuff already going to happen. just add something to the list if ya want and if more people agree with it i can add it to the op.

As long as a change happened in the lifetime of Vanilla I am ok with it. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    As long as a change happened in the lifetime of Vanilla I am ok with it. Nothing more.
    Thing is many of the changes that happened after vanilla were vanilla ideas presented in the forums or addon's. there was a group finder addon in vanilla, improved AH(almost to the point of being an AH bot), multiple attachment mail, guild banks, etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    it is my belief if we all can agree on these and only these changes we would be better off with having our voices heard instead of spamming #nochanges.

heres the list:

bnet integration.
    colorblind mode.
    server and backend code updated to be able to run on the new hardware.
    the current api cause legal bots are bad.
    authenticator support.
    gamebreaking bugs and exploits fixed.
    whatever patch or progression patches they will make that also includes features that only happened in vanilla.
    Edit: also updated security.

thats it though. no guild banks, no transmog, no class balance passes, ect.

what do you guys think?
    I concur. Looks quite reasonable

Thing is many of the changes that happened after vanilla were vanilla ideas presented in the forums or addon's. there was a group finder addon in vanilla, improved AH(almost to the point of being an AH bot), multiple attachment mail, guild banks, etc.
    there was a groupfinder built into vanilla. nobody used it though. they all wanted the social aspect of spamming for groups and actually talking to people to form them.

whats wrong with allowing addons that do alot of customization and shouldnt be baked in the the game. game should be base vanilla and have people customize their own with addons.

the ideas did probably come from vanilla but they werent implemented IN vanilla.

there was a groupfinder built into vanilla. nobody used it though. they all wanted the social aspect of spamming for groups and actually talking to people to form them.

whats wrong with allowing addons that do alot of customization and shouldnt be baked in the the game. game should be base vanilla and have people customize their own with addons.

the ideas did probably come from vanilla but they werent implemented IN vanilla.
    No one used it because it was using the meeting stones. It was poorly designed and horrible to use. The addon used a separate chat channel that it posted to and would pull data from there. It looked similar to a starcraft custom map list. The reason is that it is going to have the new API and many of these features were disabled in the new API. multiple attachment mail will happen(book it). In Vanilla people were asking for a better way to form groups.....it is not cause they wanted social interaction.....they were forced into it do to poor design. There were idea threads in the suggestions board to implement a proper LFG. Laughing Skull Alliance had a channel for LFG and LFG PVP, because there was shit available.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop thinking that people wanted it in Vanilla, we got what we were given and asked for everything else.

5+ Year Old Account
    it is my belief if we all can agree on these and only these changes we would be better off with having our voices heard instead of spamming #nochanges.

heres the list:

bnet integration.
    colorblind mode.
    server and backend code updated to be able to run on the new hardware.
    the current api cause legal bots are bad.
    authenticator support.
    gamebreaking bugs and exploits fixed.
    whatever patch or progression patches they will make that also includes features that only happened in vanilla.
    Edit: also updated security.

thats it though. no guild banks, no transmog, no class balance passes, ect.

what do you guys think?
    As a purist, I agree to these changes being OK.

No fukin xmog, LFD, LFR, dualspec, class balance etc.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Already mentioned but the loot trade system will have to be implemented, getting a GM to redistribute loot is not going to happen - its real people mailing loot and that costs money.

Rest of it is ok.

As someone on retail with many vanilla items - full t3 etc I would find it slightly annoying if transmorg was allowed accross to retail, BMAH is there for anyone wanting stuff that badly.

I don't think even purists wants there to be security issues, downtime, bot-infestations etc, so yes, that was never up for discussion really.
    Mother pus bucket!

LFG tool (not the automatic one) should also be with vanilla. And if they dont, whats to stop anyone from writing an addon with the functionality?

Sounds great to me.

I think anyone who would disagree with these changes is doing so just to argue.

I'm about as "purist" as you can be regarding Vanilla, and I hope all of these are implemented.

Don't try to argue with purists: it's like talking to alt-right or SJWs; it's like talking to a wall. Especially here on the mmoc forums. Don't forget that these people only represents only 1-2% of the population there. So in the end blizzard will do what they want; and if more players want a barber shop, they will do it, that would be logically.

But blizzard also nerf everything that is fun ingame, so... my argument might be invalid.