Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We need to do away with Bounty Hunters and bailbondsmen shit. This isn't the fucking wild west. The dumbasses who go into this profession always seem to think they're Robo-cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd love to see the statistics by state on how sentencing works for similar cases depending on race. I honestly wonder if it would be better if you did not use juries so much in the US but then I realize how many racist judges you've got and it might actually end up worse.
    And racist DA over charging the victim in that case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    She didn't shoot for the ceiling, she fired a "warning shot" at head height...
    Well 20y to 60y then totally make sense to a white boy like you, when victim of domestic abuse with 0 criminal record but is a minority.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Maybe of criminals stopped doing crimes, or running they would stop getting shot?
    Yea definitely, they're only in it for fun
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nowhere does it look like the victim went for the gun in anyway on that video. Also why did she need to have him in cuffs to talk to him? Especially since he was there a couple of minutes before she decided for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Well 20y to 60y then totally make sense to a white boy like you, when victim of domestic abuse with 0 criminal record but is a minority.
    I am considered black here in UK. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    The bitch got away with it because the prosecutor fucked up and pushed first degree murder. That requires premeditation, the jury was unable to decide that the killing was premeditated and did not convict.
    I'd say it is the law that is fucked up.
    If they decide there was not enough evidence of the killing being premediated then that should not mean she is free to go, it should mean they'd have to downscale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd love to see the statistics by state on how sentencing works for similar cases depending on race. I honestly wonder if it would be better if you did not use juries so much in the US but then I realize how many racist judges you've got and it might actually end up worse.
    That's because they get elected in a popularity contest and those you win by being memorable.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    "A question over whether there was the intent to commit murder was said to have played a role in the jury’s verdict, the Stillwater News Press reported. A first degree murder charge is described as an intentional and premeditated act."

I think this is the primary problem. It should have been prosecuted as a 2nd degree murder charge. The self-defense claim is obviously BS, but as a 1st degree murder charge, the state would have to prove that it was pre-meditated.

It does beg the question as to whether the DA purposefully brought the charges as 1st degree murder to get to this result.

The woman should have been convicted for 2nd degree murder, and the DA should be fired for incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Sorry if already posted, but this country is so fucked...

As irredeemable as this man might be, nobody deserves that, and the fact that she got away with it is disgraceful.

Source: http://www.newsweek.com/watch-bail-b...-murder-849959
    Disgusting. She should get locked up for murder.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone mention this earlier, but I don't know the facts behind it. She should have been charged with an appropriate crime, and there should be a way to correct the charges during a trial. There's obviously guilt here in the death of this man. It seems she got off because of the charges vs. the crime rather than they just found her innocent.

I feel sorry for the son, the Jury, and the Judge, the family, and anyone involved in this case save for the woman that shot this man.

This was a failure of our Judicial system.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

well it does not mean she can not be tried for lesser crimes, such as second degree, or even manslaughter.

- - - Updated - - -

during the process of the trial, there are steps that are done. During these steps, typically the arraignment? i think or pre trial set up, the prosecuting lawyer states what they are going to charge the defendant with.

Keep in mind each level/degree/seriousness of the crime has different levels of culpability (or fault or guilt) that needs to be shown. With first degree murder being the highest. Problem with first degree murder is that it includes premeditation as part of that conviction.

What they did was the prosecutors set the bar to high to jump over, and could not prove it was first degree murder. Now that does not mean they can not come back at her for 2nd degree or lesser charge if they wish. Or if they have evidence proving this was a premeditated issue, they could bring that back as this is an acquittal, not a verdict.

No Double Jeopardy applies here.

That's some of the old Wild West right there.

The deceased was a big man capable of easily overpowering her so a jury could easily believe it was self defense. Who knows if he tried to grab the gun or not? Only the shooter knows for sure.

She seems very level headed, she wasn't upset at all.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2018-03-20 at 02:23 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's some of the old Wild West right there.

The deceased was a big man capable of easily overpowering her so a jury could easily believe it was self defense. Who knows if he tried to grab the gun or not? Only the shooter knows for sure.
    The video clearly shows that he didn't try to grab the gun. When he was escaping, she went to the drawer where the gun was stored, pulled it out, and shot him. All while he was off screen.

Unless there was a second gun he was running for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The video clearly shows that he didn't try to grab the gun. When he was escaping, she went to the drawer where the gun was stored, pulled it out, and shot him. All while he was off screen.

Unless there was a second gun he was running for.
    Who knows what happened when they were off screen? He could've turned and tried to grab the gun. You made me watch it twice.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    You can see the window curtain in the video and it was stated that he was shot trying to escape out the window. It's clear he wasn't trying to assault her. If he was making a move towards her he would've appeared in the video again.
    Additionally, if he was making a move against her, she wouldn't have gotten to the gun in the first place. He was obviously fleeing, which is why I believe she shot him.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I think this is the primary problem. It should have been prosecuted as a 2nd degree murder charge. The self-defense claim is obviously BS, but as a 1st degree murder charge, the state would have to prove that it was pre-meditated.
    Indeed it is the problem.
    What kind of system makes prosecution choose between a lower charge or letting the accused off altogether on a guess how the jury might rule?
    She should certainly have been tried for first degree murder, and if the jury found certain details did not meet the requirements then the charge should have toned down to second degree instead of being dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    She seems very level headed, she wasn't upset at all.
    So she killed him in cold blood instead of in the heat of the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================
    off topic but your quote just reminds me that there's people in this world that say 'soz' instead of 'sorry' or even 'sry'.

Legitimately, if anyone could tell me how in the actual fuck 'soz' is supposed to be 'sorry' and/or cite a source I'd really appreciate it. I ALWAYS ask anyone I see that says it what it means and no one can ever tell me.

It is so obvious she did not give a shit after she shot him. The son is clearly distraught and not sure what to do, and the mother is just like "yeah yeah, call 911, how annoying this is". This is clearly murder, and her completely lack of basic empathy makes me not want her out and walking about.

The prosecutor probably never even wanted to go to trial but knew he couldn't just let her off. So he charged her with 1st degree murder which he knew wasn't provable with the evidence nor would the jury convict her on the evidence. So he plays the charade through and the woman is acquitted. The prosecutor looks like they did their job but instead let a murderer walk free.

She murdered that man, she lied, I can't believe she got away with this, this makes me so mad.