If it does come out, I hope that you can simply pay money for their heritage armor. Leveling is annoying when you're forced to do it over and over again with all of these character races coming out. I'd pay for the content, the race, the boost, and the armor all separately if it meant saving my much more valuable time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    what? really? REALLY! YOU REALLY SAID THAT?! http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15965/duskwither-apprentice So this bastards are nothing and nonexistant?!
    or this? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15644/wretched-urchin
    OKAY! i MAYBE made a mistake and CALLED them withered INSTEAD of Wretched. BUT THEY STILL THERE!
    And what you fail to understand is that Wretched are the literal opposite of Withered! They took too much, too fast, and were transformed into fiends. Why do you think Quel'Lithien turned when they were "gifted" a powerful artifact, when they were just fine for years before that? SHOUTING DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    And what you fail to understand is that Wretched are the literal opposite of Withered! They took too much, too fast, and were transformed into fiends. Why do you think Quel'Lithien turned when they were "gifted" a powerful artifact, when they were just fine for years before that? SHOUTING DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT!
    first if you think every use of "shift" in internted is "shout" then you are wrong
    second - okay. Even if it's "overuse" state, then please still SAY me for what reason "High elves" must look different from Blood elves or maybe even "bigger" than BE? From Liadrin or LTT who are RULLERS of the Blood elves and actually RANGER and PALADIN. Even if i mistaken in wretched, this still not change the fact that they are not different physicaly! And read second part of my post:
    Edit: and yes - specialy FOR YOU. i am NOT against adding them playable (f**king world of elfcraft... do we really need 5 elven races?). i am against the idea that THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM BLOOD ELVES! Because they are not! Not in the same generation! Not in the same generation of ELVES! who need catalyst or veeeery long time (or both) to change so drasticaly! And specialy! If you add "High elves" you add them to BOTH factions (or as race for aliance and customisation for Blood elves). Because blizzard said that Blood elves can "cleanse" from this "fel taint" in some time. Like... There is NO! LORE! REASON! FOR! THEM! TO BE DIFFERENT! That's my pont there.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-03-20 at 09:59 AM.

Love the effort put down on these concepts on how the High elves could look like without being just blood elves with blue eyes. I´m quite bummed out by Blizzards direction with these allied races and their continueous neglect of HE´s. In my eyes, most of allied races unveiled completely contradicts Blizzards rationale on the high elves. Void elves are the worst offender here, specially lorewise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Apart from living on another planet for +- 25 years in the case of the Alliance Expedition High Elves.
    don't member the silver covenant lving for 25 years in outland

besides those are prob dead and/or forgotten by now

What about a gold variation of the jewelry that the Nightborne get for their ears?

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    What about a gold variation of the jewelry that the Nightborne get for their ears?
    That's an interesting idea. We'll have to think if there's a way to do it that would be different from Nightborn. Maybe if they were made of wood and feathers?

Deleted
    The thing with various concepts based on just the Silver Covenant or just the Highvale are that they are too small. Imagine instead the Silver Covenant gathering all the scattered groups under one banner. The Silver Covenant would be the main military arm backed up by the other groups such as Mages from Dalaran and Rangers from Highvale.

you could then have inter-factions that push for more magic through the Dalarani or a less magic approach through the Highvale.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazindragon1737 View Post
    Hey i just wanted to say that I really like the idea of this post but i think it should maybe be the Highvale High Elves that live in the Hinterlands as the faction since the Silver Covenant is supposed to mostly military and wouldn't fit all the class roles.

I would also like to suggest looking at this page by Jokubas about the Stonemaul Ogres or basically just Ogres joining the Horde in general, I think it could give you a bunch more ideas such as class lore, hunters pet and just the setup. He even made a website for his Ogre passion and I really think you guys could help each other out in more ways than one by making a collaboration together of what could be the 2 next playable Races instead of an Allied one.

P.S. I can't post the links due to this being a new account.

I personally would like to see a new Alliance race I thought of and would like your opinion I called them the called the Glacialfur Cyclopes. They would be the size of Ogres, pretty hairy but not fully covered, have pretty big feet, maybe have two horns with one that is usually partially broken, have a neanderthal kind of face and one big eye obviously. They could come with a bunch of skin/fur color combos if more Tribes join as I'm trying to base them off of Cyclops, Yetis, Abominable Snowmen, Sasquatches, Bigfeet and Neanderthals which is the only none monster i just needed a face description. They could maybe even have dark green fur if they have a tribe which live near a swamp or dark purple fur for fantasy creatures similar to these monsters like the Purple People Eater or Swamp Monster
    @Jokubas Yes, his Ogre site is fantastic. Highvale High Elves are a great direction to go in. Silver Covenant has been very prominent in the story, but there are other groups of High Elves that might fit the "Ranger" creative direction better.

Your Cyclopes idea sounds pretty neat! Currently we have a Cyclops in game, along with the large Gronds or whatever they are called. I like the Sasquatch angle, but this seems like a very savage type of race to match with the Alliance. These races so far don't seem to get along with much of anyone.

I was thinking last night that once we have playable Kul'Tirans, they have a great skeletal rig that could be used to build Ogres from as an allied race instead of needing a whole new race. At least, if you drop the whole two headed thing.

Deleted
    The main problem I have with that "Ranger" set is that it's some simple clothes and no armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    The thing with various concepts based on just the Silver Covenant or just the Highvale are that they are too small. Imagine instead the Silver Covenant gathering all the scattered groups under one banner. The Silver Covenant would be the main military arm backed up by the other groups such as Mages from Dalaran and Rangers from Highvale.

you could then have inter-factions that push for more magic through the Dalarani or a less magic approach through the Highvale.
    Silver Covenant uniting the scattered High Elf groups is a wonderful direction. Especially if we found another group or two hidden in the woods, or Northeron/Greenwood. It would give some narrative weight to High Elves coming together as an Allied Race. This would also be a fun counterpoint to giving the Horde Forest Trolls. The High Elves could take on the Troll Hunter angle against their ancient enemy and the Forest Trolls could make their big push to retake their great empire that spanned the continent. OR you could give the Horde ogres (from the Kul'Tiran rig) and play up that two WCII races are making their big comeback for both factions. They could make some fun viral, nostalgic videos that would sell that. I can see the marketing team salivating now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh
    The main problem I have with that "Ranger" set is that it's some simple clothes and no armour.
    A fair criticism. I was trying to fit that light, mobile feel of the WCII Ranger. It also helped that the outfit was general enough to match any class, since all Heritage Armor sets need to be class neutral. I'm sure individual players could mix/match their transmog to add bigger shoulders, boots, etc...

Do you think even a mage/priest Ranger should have more armor? Or do only the melee classes need beefing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    don't member the silver covenant lving for 25 years in outland

besides those are prob dead and/or forgotten by now
    The first part is correct, the second part isn't.

Many of the more important HE's from Outland have featured in both HE and BE narratives since TBC (one of them in the most recent patch, 7.3, even).

Edit: Doesn't it seem odd that a general position of the anti-HE crowd, and you specifically Syegfryed, is that there wouldn't have been enough time for HE's to have culturally diverged from BE's because of their long lifespans... yet, it's easy for ya'll to turn right around and assume that it's reasonable for them to have "been lost to time" in an 11-year period?

"They live for hundreds of years, they wouldn't really deviate in a decade. That said, a decade is enough time for them to become extinct due to old age and natural attrition." Crazy.
    Last edited by Fyersing; 2018-03-20 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    That's an interesting idea. We'll have to think if there's a way to do it that would be different from Nightborn. Maybe if they were made of wood and feathers?
    What about leather straps and caps on their ears. I think feathers steps on Tauren toes.

So to sum the post up alliance players are still salty they dont get their pure white blue eyed elves, gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    So to sum the post up alliance players are still salty they dont get their pure white blue eyed elves, gotcha.
    Sadly yes some people don't get that void elves are the closest thing alliance is getting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Add 'em to Horde with a cruddy story, and it'll all work out.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Are you alright with constructive criticism? I don't want to sound mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DercMerc View Post
    Are you alright with constructive criticism? I don't want to sound mean.
    Love constructive criticism! Please, critique away.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Love constructive criticism! Please, critique away.
    Okay, I'll be honest. I was mostly just quoting a meme, but you responded with enthusiasm, so I'll give my actual thoughts on the matter.

Putting aside thoughts as to why Blizzard gave us void elves rather than high elves, and what would constitute adding a high elf race that is separate than void elves (and for the record, my personal opinion is that Blizzard should just give void elves some "natural" skintones as to appease people who want to play a high elf), I'm just not certain that what you've created here meshes with what Blizzard's vision of high elves is. In fact, a lot of this feels a lot like Stromgarde to me, or at least what we've seen of it.

That isn't to say your ideas are bad! In fact, there are some neat things brought up here, and I think you could definitely expand upon them-- hell, do you do much writing? You could create your own story/IP to expand upon them.

But on the subject matter at hand, I think Blizzard doesn't tend to see high elves as "barbarian" elves these days, nor do I think they necessarily even subscribe to a Lord of the Rings style "ranger" aesthetic for them anymore, from what we've seen. I think Blizzard tends to look at High Elves and the Silver Covenant as a whole as the sort of "arcane" side of elves (similar to Shal'dorei, in that sense), as the blood elves are to fel magic, and the void elves to void, and night elves to nature magic, and so on and so forth.

Again, I think there's some great ideas here. Dragon-riding/allied elves is a pretty sick idea-- hell, maybe some of the concepts here could work as a future blue dragon allied race, with high elf forms. I'd definitely play that. At the very least, one thing I think you could incorporate into your concept is a wider ranger of skintones. Blizzard tends to go pretty pale on the spectrum of skintones, which is something I think they could improve on, but for a concept as outdoorsy as this I think it'd be neat, and make sense, to see some tanner and darker skin tones than those currently given to blood elves.

And that's my two cents! More than I had intended to give, to be honest, but you seem genuinely passionate about this and I can't bring myself to not respond in kind.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is by far the most viable take I've ever seen on a High Elf-type race, and its really extremely impressive. Too cool to actually happen I suspect but...