Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Pretty obvious what is happening but as someone who doesn't give a fuck about mounts I don't really care since I'd rather get gear. Plus the mount isn't going anywhere so you can get it eventually and those leadership positions do a fuck ton more for the guild than anyone who just casually shows up to raid so I don't have a problem with them getting dibs.
    Last edited by xpose; 2018-03-19 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Confirmed shitter. Git gud
    Says the guy desperately clinging to something they did 5 years ago thinking it makes them even remotely relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    I'd understand if they would let us all to roll fairly for it these 4 weeks, as then everyone who worked so hard for the Argus kill, will have a chance at what I think is the ultimate reward.

Have you been in similar situations? Do you think the guild's leading body is in the right, or in the wrong for this decision? How would you tackle this problem?
    It's the guild master / officers using the guild to their own ends. Happens all the time.

If I were you, I'd conclude that you are unlikely to get the mount - maybe you will, but you very well may not, your chances after the announcement just dropped hard. What you do with it is your own choice. You could try saying to others that they aren't getting their mount either and demand the mount to be rolled for.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Your guild sounds like it's being run by a bunch of selfish cunts to be honest.

I can understand raiders and above getting priority of trials, but if your there for weeks worth of attempts on Argus and you're there the night they kill Argus, you dam well deserve to have a fair chance to roll on that mount. It's not fair on you guys in the slightest, it's purely taking advantage of you.

I co run a casual heroic guild (But I've raided and had officer duties in guilds in BT/Sunwell progress, Heroic ICC etc before some smart arse jumps in with comments about it), my mate is the other co GM, head officer is our other mate. Our officers are three people I've known in game for over 10 years. You know what we do on mount rewards and the such? we pass it to the members. We're starting to run Lootcouncil know how many of us are on it? none of us. Because of the exact reason you've just posted, bias-ism. If we pulled the stunt your GM and group did we'd have a mass protest: might be because we run a mature guild so everyone express's what they feel instead of going with the flow, but we learn from that and make changes.

I'm legit fucked off on your part (and your team mates) behalf, this literally screams they are using you as tools as a means to an end.

Sadly, theres nothing you can really do, based on what you've said I'd wager if you spoke out against it you'd have a good chance of getting guild kicked or banned from rolling for it, especially if they are willing to boot you for missing out on some practice runs.
    You lead a heroic guild, your last experience with progression raiding was like 8 years ago, and you talk nonsense? Ok guy. Slow your roll
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You lead a heroic guild, your last experience with progression raiding was like 8 years ago, and you talk nonsense? Ok guy. Slow your roll
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise being decent, not screwing over your raid team and being respectful to your team required current mythic raiding experience. Dam I'm so in the dark about these things.

I best go tell the team now we're starting mythic that I'm getting that mount first because it's nonsense otherwise!
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I feel like there is way too much salt being thrown around in this thread about the leadership of this guild. For 90% of posters here I don't think you quite understand how much time and effort goes into making a Mythic raiding guild work, so I'll post an example of how I spend my time.

We had a complete guild rebuild back in TOS and to be now finishing up with Antorus its been quite the journey. Every boss kill I spend time with other officers choosing the strat, trying to determine cd management and making angry assignments, looking through logs every night and working with people to improve, and recruiting. The amount of nights when I would spend hours on wowprog trying to find new recruits is just ridiculous and that far out weighs the amount of time actually spent raiding. We don't just show up 9 hours a week to raid, we continuously work to facilitate a raid for the rest of the guild.

For me helping bring something together for 20-30 other people to enjoy is pretty special and I'm happy doing it, but for those to say everyone puts in an equal commitment for most guilds is totally false. An average raider will not really contribute much outside of the 9 hours a week we raid, and is not really expected to. I feel like getting a mount earlier is a fairly small token of appreciation for those who go the extra mile.
    Last edited by Tarrastar; 2018-03-20 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrastar View Post
    I feel like there is way too much salt being thrown around in this thread about the leadership of this guild. For 90% of posters here I don't think you quite understand how much time and effort goes into making a Mythic raiding guild work, so I'll post an example of how I spend my time.

We had a complete guild rebuild back in TOS and to be now finishing up with Antorus its been quite the journey. Every boss kill I spend time with other officers choosing the strat, trying to determine cd management and making angry assignments, looking through logs every night and working with people to improve, and recruiting. The amount of nights when I would spend hours on wowprog trying to find new recruits is just ridiculous and that far out weighs the amount of time actually spent raiding. We don't just show up 9 hours a week to raid, we continuously work to facilitate a raid for the rest of the guild.

For me helping bring something together for 20-30 other people to enjoy is pretty special and I'm happy doing it, but for those to say everyone puts in an equal commitment for most guilds is totally false. An average raider will not really contribute much outside of the 9 hours a week we raid, and is not really expected to. I feel like getting a mount earlier is a fairly small token of appreciation for those who go the extra mile.
    No use trying to explain it. This discussion boils down to those that think everyone diserves it equally and those that actually know what leadership does to run a progression guild and don't mind them getting dibs.

We had similar situation (time-wise, not attitude-wise) in HFC.
    After first Archi Mythic kill, we had ~ time left for 26 raiders to get mount (entire roster). We farmed it for us all. Changing one new guy in after someone got the mount, when we changed those 6 in, we started benching one random person who had mount already so everyone contribute to others in same way.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    No one deserves anything. It is a team effort.

But I do agree with you OP that it is an odd rule. But if everyone(or majority) agreed upon this rule then that rule is what counts. If you don't like this rule or getting that mount is more important for you than raiding with a team, you are more than welcome to switch guild.

What you can do is urge for a change in this rule. Ask for a re-vote. A good leader will allow this.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds a bit fishy, personally never really understood the whole "Person A gets it first then b, c,d etc" If you were in on the first kill you should be able to roll for it, afterall it was a team effort. Their guild though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    No one deserves anything. It is a team effort.
    Yeah you're right the people who spend countless hours outside of raid to ensure their group stays together and continues to be successful while everyone else just shows up don't deserve anything

These kinds of topics are great because the replies make it plain as day who has been in a meaningful leadership position in this game and who hasn't.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-03-21 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah you're right the people who spend countless hours outside of raid to ensure their group stays together and continues to be successful while everyone else just shows up don't deserve anything

These kinds of topics are great because the replies make it plain as day who has been in a meaningful leadership position in this game and who hasn't.
    Sure, postulate your hypothesis based on information regarding me that you don't have is a real way to converse.

The raid leaders can spend as much time working behind the scenes but if the raiders don't show up there is no kill at all.

Also, you seemingly ignored everything else that I wrote so I should not be too much surprised.

Just to give the information you lacked, I have been a raid leader for 6 years. So I do know the thankless job there is to make certain a team ever happen. But I would never put myself above anyone else cause I know I can't solo that boss without the other people there as a team when it is current content.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2018-03-22 at 12:27 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I have plenty of information considering you basically posted your life story in your wowprogress profile literally in your signature.