Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No guns at all and you won't need "heroes with guns".
    The guns are already in circulation and words on a piece of paper aren't going to make them disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The guns are already in circulation and words on a piece of paper aren't going to make them disappear.
    No, of course not. You have to take them away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    I dont know if it was this person exactly, but you do realize you basically did this same thing earlier in the thread? You said they are wrong, basically 'because my opinion'. with no facts to back it up.
    Where did I say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    This should be proof enough that heroes with guns is a good solution to school shootings
    I love this mindset. One instance of a guy with a gun that isn’t a nut job doing something good should be proof enough as a solution. But the many cases that shows how rediculous it is are always to few to consider. To reiterate, Most of us are pro gun control not anti gun, as in making sure we only hand out guns to sane people and making it a liiiiittle harder for the not sane ones to get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Your logic is horribly flawed.
    you asked what I meant, this. You offer no actual argument to how his logic is flawed, there is no debate here. You just saying "You're wrong...because..."

Nothing he said is factually incorrect, while there is some hyperbole in there, you would be hypocritical to call him out on that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, of course not. You have to take them away.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I say that?
    I would like to know how you would plan to remove all 300+mil guns in the USA,

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Murder you're getting life for anyways. In most domestic cases the firearm used to murder someone is legally purchased by someone in the home anyways. You may not sway everyone but you will get some who might out of fear. Nothing says scary like making that current 10 years for armed robbery an immediate 20 or more if the gun is discharged at any time during the robbery.

Canada still has it's gun registry and just recently brought the Long Gun Registy Online in Quebec:
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...eg_enr-eng.htm

The last mass shooting in Australia was on September 9, 2014 was a Famicide where Geoff Hunt killed his wife, three children, and then himself. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-0...nquest/6835840

Blaming the media for mass shootings is pretty absurd.
    I updated the date in my, also I could have sworn Canada repealed the law. It was a considered a massive failure that saw gun violence increase after it was inacted(https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielf.../#2d5571035a1b). I will refrain from saying they had one, and just reinforce they have one that is a massive failure that does nothing but cost taxpayer money.

And funny enough you say that blaming media, but there is a known factor that after a shooting is reported there is usually copy cat incidents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Won't all the degenerates who are so careless with them, that they end up in the hands of mentally-ill children, just go and turn them in willingly?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    This should be proof enough that heroes with guns is a good solution to school shootings
    n of 1 = proof

I see. So, an n of no appearance of god means there is no god, using your logic.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

I mean, it would only be a lowly 75 trillion+ dollars at a low ball estimate of at least $250 a gun buyback, we can afford that right? People will totally hand in all thier guns for 1/4 or less of the value of some of the guns out there...

Yeah, that is clearly a challenge. Doing nothing is not a solution though.

- - - Updated - - -

you asked what I meant, this. You offer no actual argument to how his logic is flawed, there is no debate here. You just saying "You're wrong...because..."

Nothing he said is factually incorrect, while there is some hyperbole in there, you would be hypocritical to call him out on that.
    Oh but he was wrong. His post was so silly that I didn't actually think my response needed further explanation. I still don't think so.

Deleted
    Two kids injured in a school shooting = Good news?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    n of 1 = proof

I see. So, an n of no appearance of god means there is no god, using your logic.
    The thing is, they don't report on all the incidents of where guns save people, only when they are used in an illegal malicious way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, we should just burn this country to the ground and start over. We are too far gone, and there really isn't much of a way to fix things anymore.

We cling to 300 year old rules made by people who had no idea how far we would go. You have gun supporters who will give their own life before being willing to part with their weapons. It is so ingrained in our society and culture that there is no turning back any more. We need a reset button...
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Yeah, that is clearly a challenge. Doing nothing is not a solution though.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh but he was wrong. His post was so silly that I didn't actually think my response needed further explanation. I still don't think so.
    Again, you offer no actual argument to this other than, "because i said so." There is nothing FACTUALLY wrong with what he said. There are shootings in countries with strict gun laws, just like there is very little gun violence in countries where there are guns in just about every household. It is almost as if different countries, have different issues. Crazy I know...

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    If you want to compare your country to a developing one, sure, but developed countries are expected to have better rates all over, no matter what.

Brazil is using their army to contain organized crime, it's borderline civil war. Doing better than that doesn't get much sympathy, it is the bare minimum.
    It's not the only country in the list, you get the message anyway, we can play games and shit but overall the message is that even if the US had the same ratio of guns per inhabitant as germany, they would still have more deaths, which means guns don't kill people and they would still look bad compared to countries who do really well, but overall in the world it would not be as bad as the media make it seem to be.

What? Pointing your finger and screaming - "Nah, you're wrong" at everything does not change how the world works.
    Thats just you being childish.
    It's pretty simple. Educate yourself, and then talk about a subject. Otherwise someone like me will come prove you wrong and all you will be able to do is call people childish. Don't post about things you don't know, or clearly state that it's just your opinion so people can ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point? Sending the national guard to each home and raid them bitches. From farms to ghettos, all across the nation. Gun owners are armed, if they refuse, they have a choice to make. Either give them up, or let the authorities take them from their cold dead hands (Literally the words of gun owners). Don't like it, they can put their money where their mouth is. Gun owners cling to 2nd amendment, where it says they have the right to form a well regulated militia. They can band together to try and stop our armed forces from entering their towns and homes. I highly doubt they will stand a chance, but perhaps it is time they put up, or shut up.

Yes, that was more aggressive than my normal stance on this issue, but honestly, i'd fucking sick of this shit.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The thing is, they don't report on all the incidents of where guns save people, only when they are used in an illegal malicious way.
    Who is they?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 kids still got shot.

The obvious answer is to arm everyone. Students and the teachers. Just think how many heroes you'd have!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

No guns at all and you won't need "heroes with guns".
    Try being realistic lol.