Thread: Socks problems.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just buy GoldToe socks, they cost a little more but last for years.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Strange topic?

Is it just me, or has all the companies who make socks lost their minds?

In the last few years, or so, socks have been an easy purchase through whatever company you prefer. Now when buying socks, it is almost impossible to find medium thickness sock that last longer than a week, or two. A lot of brands including Hanes, fruit of the loom, Dickies, Carhartt and so on, make ultra-thin socks that last a week, or two tops.

Do any of you like a thicker sock? If so, what brand do you buy? (not heavy wool socks either)

I do a lot of walking, the added cushion and sweat absorption is needed.

Thanks in advance.
    Huh? Most of my socks come from Walmart and they last for months min. Some heavier ones will last a couple years. Not sure why your are wearing them out so fast.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Thanks you, "HeatGear® Tech Crew – 3-Pack $16.99" Is exactly what I am looking for!!!
    Those happen to be the exact ones I have, but I caught them on sale at a Ross for 9.99 so I got 3 packs. Two years, no issues. Money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I mean you spoiled 1st world ppl that can't go to a market and buy cheap, but durable clothes. Oh, brands matter. Brands are just for the consuming victims of capitalism to sell a trash product for 3x more price. And they can do it, because there is still demand for their shit.
    I'm spoiled because I can't just go buy quality socks for a fair price, like I have for the last 20 years?

Oh dear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Huh? Most of my socks come from Walmart and they last for months min. Some heavier ones will last a couple years. Not sure why your are wearing them out so fast.
    Walmart doesn't sell the same socks, same brand yes, but the sock is paper thin and the elastic is non-existent.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you need tighter shoes. If a shoe is a little lose, the constant shifting and rubbing of the heel/ankle will wear down on any pair of socks.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Those happen to be the exact ones I have, but I caught them on sale at a Ross for 9.99 so I got 3 packs. Two years, no issues. Money well spent.
    I'll but some to get me going, then keep an eye out on Amazon for the deals.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nike

if youre looking for a boot sock then i like Nike basketball socks the best to be honest.

You might not like the price but them shits last years so either pay up or keep buying the cheap shit every 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Maybe you need tighter shoes. If a shoe is a little lose, the constant shifting and rubbing of the heel/ankle will wear down on any pair of socks.
    Problem with footwear is that it's all about these "general sizes" and made for these "general types of feet" you need custom orthotic inserts to make any shoe, or boot fit correctly. Too big, or too small you also have terrible foot pain after an hour, or 2 of walking/standing.

I used to wear Caterpillar boots because the quality was top notch, I had my first pair for 7 years, second pair for 5 years and third pair I sent back it was the exact same boot, but visibly made cheaper also tore the stitching putting the boot on (all the same model) 130.00 USD

I switched to Timberland pro, never buy this boot online because it runs extremely small. Overall great boot for for 160.00 USD, while the sole is thin, and does crack, they do hold up with abuse (sole stitching hasn't broke at all) Down side to this boot its hard to find 12+ size.

Dick's a Midwestern store?
    Nah, it's national (US). It's a sporting goods, hunting kind of store. They sell some quality socks.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Nah, it's national (US). It's a sporting goods, hunting kind of store. They sell some quality socks.
    I used to see them all the time when I lived in the Midwest, but not around here, I just googled it, the closest one is 40 minute drive. Around here its all about Bobs. (east coast)

Wtf how are you wearing out socks in a week or two? Which is what, 2-3 days of wear?

I used to see them all the time when I lived in the Midwest, but not around here, I just googled it, the closest one is 40 minute drive. Around here its all about Bobs. (east coast)
    There's always Amazon. They sell socks.

I buy my work pants from them. Good stuff.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate tight socks. And some of them have extra fabric around the toes. It's all annoying..
    First thing I do when I get home is pull off my socks. Most annoying peace of clothing evurr...

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Wtf how are you wearing out socks in a week or two? Which is what, 2-3 days of wear?
    I knew a girl who would only wear her socks once. Then new socks.

She had many issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrew View Post
    I hate tight socks. And some of them have extra fabric around the toes. It's all annoying..
    First thing I do when I get home is pull off my socks. Most annoying peace of clothing evurr...
    Yeah, I have an issue with seams, if the seam is thick, or thin and runs past the front of the toes, I wont wear them and if the seam is over the toes but has that extra bit of stitching that balls up on the side of the toes I go off the deep end!

I am a picky MF'er, it used to drive my parents crazy, now it does the same to the wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There's always Amazon. They sell socks.

I buy my work pants from them. Good stuff.
    I really miss my uniforms from Cintas, companies in the US are making it hard to enjoy anything these days.. "These are 30 cents cheaper a week" rips first day. "You guys need to be more careful, these are quality uniforms, you can't just rip them" /sigh

Deleted
    I'm spoiled because I can't just go buy quality socks for a fair price, like I have for the last 20 years?

Oh dear.
    You obviously do something wrong and you obviously don't want to change it. You expect the world to change around you, while you think in brands when it comes to a f.king pair of socks. We have so many cheap, but durable products on our weekly/montly markets coming from the Balkan/Asia. I always buy cheap socks on these markets and I can always find durable ones, that as I said can last for years.

Strange topic?

Is it just me, or has all the companies who make socks lost their minds?

In the last few years, or so, socks have been an easy purchase through whatever company you prefer. Now when buying socks, it is almost impossible to find medium thickness sock that last longer than a week, or two. A lot of brands including Hanes, fruit of the loom, Dickies, Carhartt and so on, make ultra-thin socks that last a week, or two tops.

Do any of you like a thicker sock? If so, what brand do you buy? (not heavy wool socks either)

I do a lot of walking, the added cushion and sweat absorption is needed.

Thanks in advance.
    Companies want to make more money so they use materials of lesser quality. Also, if a product lasts just long enough for you to not be annoyed but still gets used up relatively fast then you'll spend more money on buying new ones. Selling something that lasts a lifetime is not as good as something you'll buy every month.
    And of course people want to pay less.

Mix these and you got products that suck.

Companies cut cost at expense of the consumer, more in at 12.

Deleted
    Never had any problems with socks tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the main problem with socks (and not just socks, but also sleeveless sports T-shirts, etc.) is that you can barely find any made of 100% cotton. Every company tends to graft f**ing polyester or lycra in one way or another, while some people like me have an allergy on synthetic fibers.

I can wear cloth, only made of 100% cotton, and there are quite many people with same problem.