Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    At this point? Sending the national guard to each home and raid them bitches. From farms to ghettos, all across the nation. Gun owners are armed, if they refuse, they have a choice to make. Either give them up, or let the authorities take them from their cold dead hands (Literally the words of gun owners). Don't like it, they can put their money where their mouth is. Gun owners cling to 2nd amendment, where it says they have the right to form a well regulated militia. They can band together to try and stop our armed forces from entering their towns and homes. I highly doubt they will stand a chance, but perhaps it is time they put up, or shut up.

Yes, that was more aggressive than my normal stance on this issue, but honestly, i'd fucking sick of this shit.
    "We have a gun problem, people are dying. I think the solution is people should be murdered in their homes'

You're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah but you can't get rid of guns that's the problem.
    You could, people just care more about guns than they do about other people. When Sandy Hook happened and people didn't bat an eye the country pretty much lost it's soul. If gun owners don't care about 5 year old children being gunned down, they wont care about much.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    "We have a gun problem, people are dying. I think the solution is people should be murdered in their homes'

You're an idiot.
    Fuck it. Don't care. Either allow this shit to continue with 0 action being taken to fix it, or fucking fix it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I would like to know how you would plan to remove all 300+mil guns in the USA,
    Step 1 : Stop increasing the number.

Step 2 : Start reducing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    I will refrain from saying they had one, and just reinforce they have one that is a massive failure that does nothing but cost taxpayer money.
    That registry was only for non-restricted long guns.

Restricted (all handguns that aren't prohibited and specific other long guns, such as AR pattern rifles) and prohibited (short barrelled handguns, short rifles/shotguns) are still registered.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    This should be proof enough that heroes with guns is a good solution to school shootings
    The armed officer not some random guy with a gun. Of course that doesn't even always work, remember the Dallas shooting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_s...olice_officers One guy killed 5 and wounded 9 armed police and hit 2 other people just a little too close to those police. 1 guy put the entire downtown area on lockdown for hours.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    Again, you offer no actual argument to this other than, "because i said so." There is nothing FACTUALLY wrong with what he said. There are shootings in countries with strict gun laws, just like there is very little gun violence in countries where there are guns in just about every household. It is almost as if different countries, have different issues. Crazy I know...
    Did you actually read that post? Did you not understand it maybe? Heck, I don't really care.
    Guns are probably not the issue says the country were this happens pretty much every month while also having more guns per person than any other country in the world. Can't possibly be any correlation there, can it?

Deleted
    I mean at this point Americans have cemented the point worldwide that they care about gun ownership more than children's lives so nothing the world can do now

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Try being realistic lol.
    I am. It works pretty well inte the rest of the wester world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Fuck it. Don't care. Either allow this shit to continue with 0 action being taken to fix it, or fucking fix it.
    Hahaha, saying shit like you're saying is taking zero action. But running your mouth makes you feel better. Here's a hint, that's all that anyone does. Gun issues, mental health issues, coddling stupid children issues. None of it ever gets resolved because people get over dramatic and suggest the most ridiculous things like "kill people with guns" and "burn it all down". You are part of the problem and you can't even see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    This should be proof enough that heroes with guns is a good solution to school shootings
    its funny, because you just don't here shit like this happening in the uk.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, here is one clear case of a armed guard at a school stopping a shooter and untold number of possible killings. Increasing and making school security stronger, is the realistic answer to help stop school shooters.

The rest of the comments need to be in the gun control mega thread.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It's pretty simple. Educate yourself, and then talk about a subject. Otherwise someone like me will come prove you wrong and all you will be able to do is call people childish. Don't post about things you don't know, or clearly state that it's just your opinion so people can ignore it.
    You proved nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Great idea, no more guns! Now only criminals will have guns!
    Yeah, thats the idea.

This thread should be titled "Police Officer Stationed in School Does Job, Stops Shooter".

"Hero" implies somebody acting far beyond what is expected of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I am. It works pretty well inte the rest of the wester world.
    The USA isn't the rest of the world for obvious reasons. If you try to disarm American's, you're going to start a civil war. So yeah it's not even close to being realistic but rather wishful thinking.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    This thread should be titled "Police Officer Stationed in School Does Job, Stops Shooter".

"Hero" implies somebody acting far beyond what is expected of them.
    It takes courage to engage in any dangerous situation. Same as if a fireman was to run into a burning building and save someone, is a hero in my book.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    It's not the only country in the list, you get the message anyway, we can play games and shit but overall the message is that even if the US had the same ratio of guns per inhabitant as germany, they would still have more deaths, which means guns don't kill people and they would still look bad compared to countries who do really well, but overall in the world it would not be as bad as the media make it seem to be.
    Even with more deaths than Germany, you would still have less deaths than today. Improvement is still perfectly accepted, even if not leading to absolute perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    The USA isn't the rest of the world for obvious reasons. If you try to disarm American's, you're going to start a civil war. So yeah it's not even close to being realistic but rather wishful thinking.
    Hardly. A few angry cowboys in a cottage is not a civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    No, you guys sound ridiculous. Your idea of no more guns is like saying "We don't need fire extinguishers because we have firemen." It's beyond short sighted and delving into the realm of insane.
    Operating on the (false) assumption that guns act as a remedy to violence in the same way that fire extinguishers do with fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Accidentally? If you're on those stations that long to decipher their political leanings and hear commercials it doesnt sound like an accident.
    If you press "SCAN" on your radio, you hear about 10 seconds of whatever is playing before it loops to the next station. It goes through the entire dial (anywhere from 3 or 4 to 20+ stations depending on your area), then starts at the beginning again. You might hear some nonsense about "liberal coastal elites" in the first soundbite, and "BUY THIS TESTOSTERONE PILL!!!!!" in the next soundbite, when it loops around again.

I regularly use this function when the radio station I am listening to is on ad break or playing music I don't like, and generally only stop scanning once I hear something I want to listen to.

FM radio has operated this way for decades.

It takes courage to engage in any dangerous situation. Same as if a fireman was to run into a burning building and save someone, is a hero in my book.
    I agree that courage is required. I have the utmost respect for people with the courage to engage an active shooter.

I also view that level of courage as a minimum job requirement for police officers. Firefighters as well.

Perhaps I misspoke in my initial statement though - I meant that the title of the article, by not mentioning that the man was an officer, implies that it was an ordinary citizen with a gun, which is disingenuous.