Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I wouldn't, but seeing games like LoL trive on just selling cosmetics, I'm sure there will be plenty of takers.

I would if it came with a race change, $25 for allied race, plus you can only get it by purchasing? Sounds solid to me, lets me race change a current character for the same stupid price as their race change.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I wouldn't, but seeing games like LoL trive on just selling cosmetics, I'm sure there will be plenty of takers.
    ye but league is a F2P, their only income is from cosmetics, while wow is a B2P and S2P game, and you have to buy an expac every 2ish years, you are paying blizz 180$ in a 2 year period just for playing, and another 50$ for the expac, now find me people who spend 180$ on skins in 2 years
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-03-20 at 05:07 PM.

If they're as "wellmade" as the majority of current allied races, then def nope

If it struck my fancy and came with a racial transmog, hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    ye but league is a F2P, their only income is from cosmetics, while wow is a B2P and S2P game, and you have to buy an expac every 2ish years, you are paying blizz 180$ in a 2 year period just for playing, and another 50$ for the expac, now find me people who spend 180$ on skins in 2 years
    Wether the base price of the game was 0, 60 or 200 € doesn't matter. That is a sunken cost anyway. Will optional cosmetics sell? For WoW that was answered long ago when the first store mount went online and sold.

Deleted
    No but it’s obviously going to happen.

There are multiple races ready to go on the alpha but they haven’t been officially announced, that’s really fishy these races would be a big selling point.

This place is going to erupt when Blizzard add races to the store.

I already bought all of them through the store when I got the xpack.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    but everyhting in overwatch and hots can be unlocked by playing the game (not sure if all hots skins are purcheasable), if the races are shop only its on a whole different lvl

- - - Updated - - -

because the helms were cosmetics only, allied races arent cosmetic only, they have different racials, and even if the racials provide a 1% dps increase means that one guild will get world first it means they are pay2win, (and lorewise brown orcs wont be warlocks)

- - - Updated - - -

no it wasnt
    You can also unlock everything in Battlefront 2 with regular gameplay...
    Lootboxes are always bad and greedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, in a heart beat. If it were something I really really wanted, like Naga or Saurok or Drakonid I'd pay serious coin for it too. We're talking like the price of an expansion for it.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Definitely, I totally paid 60€ per expac + 13€ per month since 2011 just to be able to spend even more money to unlock a reskinned race with 3 facial features and 4 hair colors

Deleted
    I'd be massively opposed. I'd like to think I wouldn't but depends how bored/wasteful I'm feeling

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I don’t buy mounts and pets. So no, I won’t buy an allied race either.
    This. And it sounds ridiciolous... Can't even spell the word.

gold, TRH and pets was ok, but you're drawing the line at allied races? god damn :P

No. I don't pay for expansions and sub fees for new races to be added to the cash shop. Mounts and pets is where I draw the line. If the game became f2p then I really wouldn't care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the idea, since it's the kind of content that should really be bundled into the expansion to entice players in and give them added value. Content patches where you can unlock new playable races is a pretty big way to ensure that players keep coming back through the live of the expansion.

That is, unless there was more to it than just unlocking the race. If it were like $15-20 for a mini-expansion sized piece of content (maybe between expansions) that ends with unlocking a couple races, that could be neat.

I would if it was something I wanted to play. I don't buy mounts or pets though.

There's paid race change we all pay for occasionally, what's the difference?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine this scenario:

We are halfway through BfA, and currently each faction has 4 allied races to choose from that are automatically offered with the expansion (not taking into consideration quest lines to unlock them when they become available to unlock).

Then Blizzard announces they are going now also allow new allied races to be purchasable, and here is where the scenario deviates:

(A.) new allied races to be purchasable with no new allied races being added in-game automatically

or

(B.) new allied races to be purchasable AND new allied races to be unlocked throughout the expansion (as Blizzard has stated was already their plan).

What would it take for people to receive either of these well? If option (A.) was the case, would Blizzard have to offer a selection of 2-3 allied races per faction immediately for purchase? It would be pretty shitty if this was the case but then they offer only 1 allied race to be bought, then wait like 4-5 months for the next. They would need to give us a selection immediately.

If option (B.) was the case, how long in between them implementing the races should it be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

Nah, the only time it would turn into EA is if you got a message stating, 'Pay 10 dollars to unlock Argus content'.
    That would be an expansion wouldn't it? And then there's the subscription fee on top of that just to allow you access, And there's cheating like boosts and gold purchases through the shop, exclusive mounts and pets again from the shop. Id say that's far far worse than EA.