Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Then why do so many fewer people do it in other first world countries?
    Now that's just my opinion but I simply think they enjoy life more. These country may be less divided, don't see their neighbor as a potential enemy or something. I think it's very psychological, because the thought of killing others doesn't come with being able to acquire a tool to kill, it exists in their brain before that. And then they feel the need to find something to use to act on these murderous tendencies. I'm sure making it harder to acquire gun can result in less deaths overall, will surely prevent some crazies from acting on it. But they will still have the same mental issues, caused by the same shit, and more people will have those is the real problem is not fixed.

It could be as simple as social media making them think their life sucks cuz all we see are people in their perfect life, making them think they might as well just kill others, who knows at this point. But the US is also the living proof that guns don't push people to kill, because there's an insane amount of them in peoples hands and there's nowhere near the total death to back up such broken logic. Too many people who did nothing bad are owning guns, if guns pushed people to kill, there would be more deaths, inevitably.

Also gun violence is factually going down, not up. There's just more media showing that shit for views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    No lets not, I like my collection of assault knives and swords. The moment I start to see kids stabbing other kids in schools I will cringe. "Buh..muh sharp bladed instruments of death!" There is no other point to having a sword then to kill.

Speaking of other means of death, how are the headlines from the bombings in Texas going?
    The only way to stop a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb.

Am I doing it right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Now that's just my opinion but I simply think they enjoy life more. These country may be less divided, don't see their neighbor as a potential enemy or something. I think it's very psychological, because the thought of killing others doesn't come with being able to acquire a tool to kill, it exists in their brain before that. And then they feel the need to find something to use to act on these murderous tendencies. I'm sure making it harder to acquire gun can result in less deaths overall, will surely prevent some crazies from acting on it. But they will still have the same mental issues, caused by the same shit, and more people will have those is the real problem is not fixed.

It could be as simple as social media making them think their life sucks cuz all we see are people in their perfect life, making them think they might as well just kill others, who knows at this point. But the US is also the living proof that guns don't push people to kill, because there's an insane amount of them in peoples hands and there's nowhere near the total death to back up such broken logic. Too many people who did nothing bad are owning guns, if guns pushed people to kill, there would be more deaths, inevitably.

Also gun violence is factually going down, not up. There's just more media showing that shit for views.
    Well we could have this lovely thing called "data" and "research" to back up opinions, rather than people wildly guessing, but guess what, funding for things like "data" and "research" were blocked by the NRA.

So instead we have to resort to wildly guessing. Probably because, at the end of the day, it ends up selling more guns.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Something people keep overlooking is reason. The 2nd amendmant was created in a time when the most powerful gun shot 3 rounds per minute, the founding fathers did not plan for the future of weapon advancements so it should be changed to reflect todays technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    It's more so directed at people on forums who just say 'Make them illegal', as if that would suddenly make them disappear from all over the country. More of a reality check than anything else.
    Uhm, no. It's the morons who say "making them illegal" won't work who think it's going to be an overnight thing. No one with a functional brain thinks it will eliminate guns instantly disappear; that's the weak ass argument of the NRA nutjobs.

I'm waiting for the far-left to say this was staged as a way to say using guns to defend schools is a good idea just as much as the far-right was saying Parkland was staged as a way to tighten gun control.

Also it's funny as hell how the media is completely downplaying and barely reporting on this story. Not surprising in the least though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassanova Frankenstein View Post
    Uhm, no. It's the morons who say "making them illegal" won't work who think it's going to be an overnight thing. No one with a functional brain thinks it will eliminate guns instantly disappear; that's the weak ass argument of the NRA nutjobs.
    It would take years, trillions of dollars, and thousands of deaths. It might also spark a civil war... Wars have started from less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    You could, people just care more about guns than they do about other people. When Sandy Hook happened and people didn't bat an eye the country pretty much lost it's soul. If gun owners don't care about 5 year old children being gunned down, they wont care about much.
    You can't like... reverse the progress of technology. Guns were invented and it's a pandora's box we now have to deal with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    This should be proof enough that heroes with guns is a good solution to school shootings
    No its not.

If you had strict gun laws the shooting wouldnt have happened in the first place.

duh

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    People act irrationally when angry, drunk, whatever. Having a gun makes it so much easier to hurt a large amount of people. There simply is no reason for people to walk around with tools designed to kill others.

But hey, why not let people have nukes or VX gas at home? The nuke does nothing by itself and neither does the gas.

None of your arguments are helping you here. Your kids are being murdered, repeatedly and you're worried that you might hurt some politicians feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a good one, I agree.
    I'm not even American, this is not personnal for me, I'm just being 100% neutral here.

You do know that the amount of people who actually walk around with guns is really, really, really small, right? Most pro-gun states don't even allow conceal carry or you need a really special permit for that.

There's still a lot more deaths due to car accident than guns. But the media who wants you to think guns are the most evil thing in the world enjoy taking their car to their corrupted job, so they won't tell you that. Also, contrary to guns, car actually DO kill people. That's right, self driving cars have taken lives, by accident of course, but that's what the definition of "an object kills people" really is. Guns don't kill people, self-driving cars do, that's a fact, just one you won't hear from biased news media.

Let me ask you this question: do you have a problem with knowing that a guy who will never do anything bad is owning/using a gun to hunt or at a shooting range?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    How do we explain soy boys then?
    The cringe is real.

So are we going with the same narrative that the FL shooting was plagued with, that it was "staged" with paid actors? Or is this one, because a "hero with a gun" stopped it, not going to be considered a hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well we could have this lovely thing called "data" and "research" to back up opinions, rather than people wildly guessing, but guess what, funding for things like "data" and "research" were blocked by the NRA.

So instead we have to resort to wildly guessing. Probably because, at the end of the day, it ends up selling more guns.
    Who is guessing? We have the data, we know the style of guns used. We know who the individuals who conducted the crimes are, we know how they acquired the firearms, we know the death count. What are we guessing at?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    No its not.

If you had strict gun laws the shooting wouldnt have happened in the first place.

duh
    And yet the precise argument the pro-defense crowd advocates was just demonstrated. Of course I'm sure you will prefer your ideology over facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    This should be proof enough that heroes with guns is a good solution to school shootings
    Yeah, a police officer with a gun stopped this guy. Having trained law enforcement personal in schools to provide security is not something anyone was ever really arguing against. What happened here is not the same as saying lets just give the teachers and "mature" students guns, and hope the good guy with a gun will get the bad guy with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why do any of the pro-gun crowd care about the casualties, since it clearly isn't their priority.
    Says the guy who doesn't believe in self defense.

Someone brings a gun into a school, and seriously injures two people. They could yet die. Someone working in the school also has a gun, starts a gun-fight with the attacker and injures him. They may also die. Luckily no-one else in injured in the exchange of fire. People come on to say how great this is, and how it shows that more people should be armed in schools.

I honestly don't know what to say to this level of delusion.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    And yet the precise argument the pro-defense crowd advocates was just demonstrated. Of course I'm sure you will prefer your ideology over facts.
    I will just keep living in a country where we have ZEROOOOOOOOOOO school shootings.
    Thank you very much.

You prefer "hero with guns" and people shooting eachother.

There wouldnt be shootings if you had good gun laws.

Someone working in the school also has a gun
    Correction: Not someone. A police officer working at the school also has a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I'm not even American, this is not personnal for me, I'm just being 100% neutral here.

You do know that the amount of people who actually walk around with guns is really, really, really small, right? Most pro-gun states don't even allow conceal carry or you need a really special permit for that.

There's still a lot more deaths due to car accident than guns. But the media who wants you to think guns are the most evil thing in the world enjoy taking their car to their corrupted job, so they won't tell you that. Also, contrary to guns, car actually DO kill people. That's right, self driving cars have taken lives, by accident of course, but that's what the definition of "an object kills people" really is. Guns don't kill people, self-driving cars do, that's a fact, just one you won't hear from biased news media.

Let me ask you this question: do you have a problem with knowing that a guy who will never do anything bad is owning/using a gun to hunt or at a shooting range?
    What kind of comparison is that? Of course more people die in car accidents. Come on, you're not even trying at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Says the guy who doesn't believe in self defense.
    Not wanting unfettered firearm access to be a thing means you don't believe in self defense. 'Kay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.