Page 1 of 3
LastLast

#ReleaseTheSets, Legion PvP season 7 criminally underdeveloped

This is a heads up for people who are in the EU and aren't aware of the issues with season 7 of PvP:

• No new prestige levels added
    • No new rewards for 100 wins
    • Elite PvP ensembles haven't been released

Waiting for a season to end to get rewarded with an elite set wasn't as bad previously because you only had to wait out 2 seasons and there was still a whole xpack ahead of you to show off that cool mog. People have been waiting for 203 DAYS now to get rewarded for achieving 2k rating. That's already a WHOLE 49 days longer than we had to wait for season 3+4 elite sets to be released. In previous expansions you could just buy them straight away after hitting 2k rating.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. People want to use legion mogs in legion content. No one will want to run around with a legion mog in BfA when cooler and more thematically appropriate gear will be available in droves. Please spread awareness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvp is dead, apparently you didn't get the memo in Legion

Really? I pounded out 2k for this mog this past week and I won't even be able to buy it until season 7 ends? wtf lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I seem to be doing battlegrounds just fine.
    5min queue but still.

I woke up today hoping the elite sets were going to be out even though I was pretty sure that they weren't going to. But at least they're going to add more prestige levels right? NOPE. I'm so disappointed... Time to think of a new game to play because I have no motivation for this season. The "fun" in playing isn't enough when I could play another game and have fun PLUS feel rewarded.

I was kind of hoping that in this new season, I would be able to get the opposite faction's recolor of the t21 sets. It worked like that in the final tiers of MoP and WoD, and I would love to be able to get the red re-color of the rogue t21 set as ally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post
    I woke up today hoping the elite sets were going to be out even though I was pretty sure that they weren't going to. But at least they're going to add more prestige levels right? NOPE. I'm so disappointed... Time to think of a new game to play because I have no motivation for this season. The "fun" in playing isn't enough when I could play another game and have fun PLUS feel rewarded.
    Have you considered Guild Wars 2 PvP?
    If im not mistaken you can PvP at level 1 with max level stats.

Its a paradise for theorycrafting because of the perfect customization.
    You can came up with your own playstyle and create a unique way of playing.

Sometimes i have fun in GW2.
    Its fun to create "your own" spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I seem to be doing battlegrounds just fine.
    5min queue but still.
    lol you nailed him

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, wouldn't say dead. I still experience World PvP, as well as rather quick random BG's.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If queues for BG are slow for me as Horde, I go to the npc in Dalaran Sewer, and get a 50% honor buff as well by playing with Alliance.

As far as those sets, while it sucks people have to wait, ensembles always came when a season "type" , ended. Season 1-2 (Nighthold Tier), 3-4 (ToS Tier) were grouped together, and it just happens to be 5-6-7 this time for the last Legion era.

5-6-7 being a group was known a long time ago too.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-20 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    [*]Elite PvP ensembles haven't been released
    Doesn't this usually happen after the Set becomes unobtainable? That means after Season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, wouldn't say dead. I still experience World PvP, as well as rather quick random BG's.
    How low the % of players for prestige levels were says a lot. After you got past 2 it dropped to single digits and pretty quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Doesn't this usually happen after the Set becomes unobtainable? That means after Season 7.
    normally they don't tie 3 seasons to the same gear.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    normally they don't tie 3 seasons to the same gear.
    True, but they had to choose between extending S6 until BfA or making a set *just* for S7.

They chose the path of "semi least" resistance, made a new season with the old set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actual topic: I've just come to live with having to wait for the sets till next expansion. Bothersome to sit and hope for it to drop in. Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    How low the % of players for prestige levels were says a lot. After you got past 2 it dropped to single digits and pretty quickly.
    That is still a lot of players, as all US regions can queue in between, the same with EU. I mean, the number on the front page isn't even active players but just active PvP'ers who's gained X level. I mean, come on, 2.300.000 which MOST LIKELY isn't even the exact number, would still mean a lot of battlegrounds running. And to be honest, you are forced to react prestige 1 if you want just a little hand on the abilities for World PvP. So, even if the % goes lower and lower, you have to remember the journey to each level is quite long is you for example are a casual.

• Prestige level 1 = 1.020.970
    • Prestige level 2 = 497.720
    • Prestige level 3 = 293.250
    • Prestige level 4 = 203.780
    • Prestige level 5 = 148.810
    • Prestige level 6 = 115.000
    • Prestige level 7 = 90.390
    • Prestige level 8 = 73.140
    • Prestige level 9 = 60.720
    • Prestige level 10 = 51.060
    • Prestige level 11 = 43.470
    • Prestige level 12 = 37.260
    • Prestige level 13 = 32.200
    • Prestige level 14 = 27.830
    • Prestige level 15 = 24.610
    • Prestige level 16 = 20.930
    • Prestige level 17 = 18.400
    • Prestige level 18 = 16.330
    • Prestige level 19 = 14.260
    • Prestige level 20 = 12.650
    • Prestige level 21 = 11.040
    • Prestige level 22 = 9.890
    • Prestige level 23 = 8.510
    • Prestige level 24 = 7.360
    • Prestige level 25 = 6.440
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The problem isn't having to wait for elite sets. The problem is that waiting for 10 months to get rewarded sucks all the fun out of being rewarded and leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Reaching 2k should be something that has the "WOW!!!" factor attached to it and feels rewarding instead of disappointing. There's nothing bad in letting people run around in their elite sets now instead of having to wait until BfA.

The problem isn't having to wait for elite sets. The problem is that waiting for 10 months to get rewarded sucks all the fun out of being rewarded and leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Reaching 2k should be something that has the "WOW!!!" factor attached to it and feels rewarding instead of disappointing. There's nothing bad in letting people run around in their elite sets now instead of having to wait until BfA.
    This exactly. I'm actually really annoyed by the fact they lumped 3 seasons together.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's unacceptable is the usage of hashtags outside of Twitter and it need to stop.

People want to use legion mogs in legion content. No one will want to run around with a legion mog in BfA when cooler and more thematically appropriate gear will be available in droves.
    That's highly debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

It is not dead, i spend 1hour per day camping PVPers who take the portal to kharazan every day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    It is not dead, i spend 1hour per day camping PVPers who take the portal to kharazan every day
    My brotha. Gimme five

#World_PvP