Poll: Would you accept Alliance High Elfs if they used the Night Elf or Human skeleton?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroyama View Post
    We already got High Elves. They are just void touched and much better than regular High Elves.
    High elves would be boring blood elves with different eye colors, we actually got a cooler concept.
    No, in actuality, we didn't.

Deleted
    You know, these forums would be a better place if shitheads would focus more on stuff they like instead of attacking people for liking things they do not like and clogging up threads.

Where's the "Let's be real High Elves are not happening" option?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    You know, these forums would be a better place if shitheads would focus more on stuff they like instead of attacking people for liking things they do not like and clogging up threads.
    and EVEN better if people consider lore before making nonsense ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroyama View Post
    We already got High Elves. They are just void touched and much better than regular High Elves.
    High elves would be boring blood elves with different eye colors, we actually got a cooler concept.
    I understand you concern, but High Elves are no JUST Blood Elves with blue eyes.
    Well, if you are talking about "race mecanic" it could be.
    I understand that for you the game mechanics should be the most important. If u prefer call that Game Fantasy or lore identification factor. However, for some the immersion is more. I pray that you can understand this difference.

I will quote another post where I tried to explain to people who do not understand why many people still want High Elves in the Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by orukam View Post
    I read this message a lot: "I can not understand why these people want Helfs so much"
    Well, let me try to explain so we can understand each other without unnecessary fights, okay?

I will try to do this by setting some points and dictate about them, so that everything is as clear as possible.
    Feel free to question these points or even improve them.

* "High Elves are Blood Elves."

It is true. Simply put, Blood Elfs are High elfs.
    However not all High elf is blood elf.
    It's easy to understand this as some examples: Alleria Windrunner, Verreesa Windrunner and Auric Sunchaser who obviously are not Blood Elves.

* "If you want to play with Helves, play in the Horde that has Belves."
    Playing with Blood Elves is an option.
    However, many players identify with the ideals of the Alliance. As well, like a group of High Elves who did not accept the idea of "Blood Elves" and stayed on Alliance

* "High Elves no longer exist." or "High Elves are very few, almost no more"
    In fact, take a whole faction of them: Silver Covenant and "villages" Quel'Lithien, Quel'Danil and the Farstrider Lodge
    And historically, together with Humans, High Elves are one of the most populous races in Dalaran, one of the most important cities in Azeroth.
    In addition, Void Elves are a part of the High Elves. Therefore, if a small fraction of High Elves studying the emptiness can become an allied race, mathematically, we can say that the rest of the High Elves could as well.
    The mere existence of the Void Elves ends up with the excuse of High Elves being few.

* "The two factions can not have two races with the 'skin' so similar"
    This argument was valid. Arbitrary means, but valid.
    However... well, this excuse ended the Void Elves' entry into the Alliance ...
    Also, ideas like this one from Jokubas, are proof that good ideas can come up and be different from Belfs.
    Alias, Congrats Jokubas. It was incredible!

* "That they did not want to give the Alliance a duplicate, so they gave the Alliance a variant they thought it would be cool in it's own way"
    We understand. Thank you for your concern.
    Our question here is "WHY NOT?". You see?
    With so many arguments, it seems a bit of a berry or stubbornness on the part of Blizz not to implement this.

* "You have already won Velves, accept. You only want a copy / paste of Belves with blue eyes"
    Just like Blood Elves, Void Elves are even High Elves! it is true.
    But what players want (or at least most of them) is not just the cute "skin" of a blonde elf to play with.
    People want to be able to play with a race that is EFFECTIVELY already part of the Alliance. We want "Historical Acuity".
    High Elves are part of the Alliance before the Draenei, before the Night Elves!
    Yes! High Elves actually has more identification with the Alliance than the Night Elves!
    Human and High Elves fought together in previous wars, rised cities and have a fundamental historical relationship for the development of the Alliance, after all it was they who taught magic to the human!

* "I would hate another type of elf around"
    If you do not like it, okay!
    No problem! You will not be forced to play with it!
    If they eventually include Vulneras in the game, I will not mind (even though I find it too oriental for WoW).
    Soh I'll never make one for myself. Simple! Everybody happy!
    The power of these Allied Races is this! They need to be unlocked so you'll have to play with a traditional faction race anyway!

* Identification with the Faction.
    We all know that the Blood Elves went to alliance for a single reason: to give Paladins to the Horde.
    However, let's look at the numbers:

realmpop.com/us.htm

Humans are the race with the most players in the Alliance. Right, because in fact humans are the "face" of the Alliance.
    Blood Elves are the race with the most players in the Horde. For you, are they the "face" of the Horde?
    Do you understand?
    Still I see no problem in the existence of the Belves. On the contrary, I understand them and I also hate Garitos.

* Rivalry
    Something crucial to the factions in Warcraft are the rivalries.
    Humans and Orc have this rivalry.
    Undead and Worgens have this rivalry.
    Gnomeos and Goblins have this rivalry.
    Including the High Elves to rival the Blood Elves (perhaps even justify Silvermoon's Warfront) would be quite pertinent.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    and EVEN better if people consider lore before making nonsense ideas.
    I agree with you.
    But not everybody like or care about the lore or the fantasy of the game.

I like their lore above anything else -specially the silver covenant as a militaristic anti-horde group- so yeah, I'd even be happy if they just put elf ears on a human model or straighten nelf ears and give them a palette swap.

Of course I would prefer if they got a model with a little more care than that obviously, but lore is my priority. If I want to play a high elf just for the aesthetic, I'll just play with one of my blood elves.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    C : High Elves ALREADY have the Blood Elf look

That, and Void Elves are already implemented, making high elf some 2020 project if they are even planned at all.

I loved the way you thought the High Elves.
    They really should present themselves as a homeless people, melancholic and unsure of their future, perhaps this connects them to Light, in search of hope.
    I'm not convinced they'll ever implement playable High Elves. That said, an immersion in the Light is a thematic element that is quite firmly attached to the Blood Elves; if the goal is differentiating HE's from BE's, conceptualizing them as being Light-oriented is the opposite of what would be required.

In terms of differentiating from Blood Elves, Void Elves are quite good at a conceptual level (i.e. Blood Elves use the Light, Void Elves use the Void). The problems come when you start to flesh that out, you realize that Void Elves behave culturally identical to Blood Elves with a different power source -- had they been former High Elves who simply sided with Alleria and ultimately underwent the same calamity that Umbric (and company) did, there wouldn't be any real discussion on this subject going on.

It probably would've resonated more with lore-nerds if the Void Elves were just modern High Elves, but altered by the Void.
    Instead, Void Elves are Blood Elves altered by the Void.

That's the absolute crux of the problem with them. You integrate High Elves into the Void Elves, letting someone like Vereesa or Auric Sunchaser stand side-by-side with Umbric and you'd alleviate the issue almost entirely and cut down on these threads by something just less than 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Option 3: Alliance doesn't need high elves.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I think you guys got a cooler race with void elves. Shoot I wish Horde got void elves instead of Nightborne or Belfs. I'm not into elves but ibwould roll a void elf, they look cooler than the other elf races. But it wouldn't make sense lore wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd actually prefer if High Elves would be added for them not to share the Blood Elf posture. Blood Elves are designed to look arrogant and vain. I'd rather High Elves look reserved and somewhat tense.
    High elves are arrogant and vain, especially if you played WC3. They're all arrogant and shit, Heck their name high elf on itself sounds arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I'm not convinced they'll ever implement playable High Elves. That said, an immersion in the Light is a thematic element that is quite firmly attached to the Blood Elves; if the goal is differentiating HE's from BE's, conceptualizing them as being Light-oriented is the opposite of what would be required.
    Slavery a Naaru to drain their power does not strike me as something very "light sided."
    It seems to me something more ... gall. Why the green eyes? And the "flame them"?
    Well ... just assumptions

Immersion in the light I spoke to Helves was more a matter of faith

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Alliance has Void Elves they will never get High Elves and its fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

The only people that still want High Elves in the alliance are the kind of people that think Putin is a benevolent leader who puts Fred Rogers to shame.
    Your comparison does not make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Being gifted in void magic doesn't change your race.
    No but being mutated by the void is close enough. Enough of a distinction compared to different dwarf clans, different types of trolls etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    I think you guys got a cooler race with void elves. Shoot I wish Horde got void elves instead of Nightborne or Belfs. I'm not into elves but ibwould roll a void elf, they look cooler than the other elf races. But it wouldn't make sense lore wise.

- - - Updated - - -

High elves are arrogant and vain, especially if you played WC3. They're all arrogant and shit, Heck their name high elf on itself sounds arrogant.
    Cool how? Thematically? Mechanically?

High Elves WERE like that. Those who remained like this today are Blood Elves.
    Last edited by orukam; 2018-03-20 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Where's the "Let's be real High Elves are not happening" option?
    too disruptive to their circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    It probably would've resonated more with lore-nerds if the Void Elves were just modern High Elves, but altered by the Void.
    This is the exact opposite of what High Elf players wanted. When the Blood Elves allowed themselves to be infected by fel energies, the High Elves abstained and remained pure. For the High Elves to then go full Void and corrupt themself even MORE than Blood Elves... that is the exact opposite of what they stood for and one of the big reasons why I personally wanted them.

Lightforged High Elves for Alliance and Broken (void) Draenei for Horde? THAT would have worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    This is the exact opposite of what High Elf players wanted. When the Blood Elves allowed themselves to be infected by fel energies, the High Elves abstained and remained pure. For the High Elves to then go full Void and corrupt themself even MORE than Blood Elves... that is the exact opposite of what they stood for and one of the big reasons why I personally wanted them.

Lightforged High Elves for Alliance and Broken (void) Draenei for Horde? THAT would have worked!
    *shrug* I would have gone for it, specially if it as surrounded by a "what have I become" narrative if they were forcibly mutated by Nether Prince Druuzan. So it could have been a whole issue of the despair, of fighting hard for some ideal and have that taken away, and how you deal with that, plus the whole "controlling" the void would have fit the High Elves history of resisting their addiction; if there is a race that had the level of resolve necessary, it would be them, plus give them Alleria as a leader, teaching them this doesn't change who they are at their core, that is only a new tool to protect what they love.

Eve something like that is better than literally nothing.

Besides, High Elves have never been defined by their worship of the light as it is for other races, so their morality, while influenced by human values, is still its own thing that can go to more interesting places.

Because TBH, the idea of Lightforged Elves is just not that interesting, specially after LF draenei.

Slavery a Naaru to drain their power does not strike me as something very "light sided."
    The draining of M'uru lasted for mere months, after which all of the Blood Knights (having felt the power of the Light, however illicitly obtained) became true believers. At this point, every Blood Knight is a faithful servant of the Light; additionally, virtually all of the BE's have at least a rudimentary knowledge of the Light (because the Sunwell, which immerses them in magical energy, is partially composed of Light).

It seems to me something more ... gall. Why the green eyes? And the "flame them"?
    Well ... just assumptions
    Because they were exposed to Fel, previously? Has no bearing on their modern realities.

Immersion in the light I spoke to Helves was more a matter of faith
    Sure, but what I said was that if the goal is to conceptualize a situation whereby High Elves would be different from Blood Elves, centralizing the former around the Light would be the last thing you'd want to do because the latter is already exceptionally Light-oriented.

Just give them face tattoos and different hairstyles. That's enough for an allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Because TBH, the idea of Lightforged Elves is just not that interesting, specially after LF draenei.
    Also, BE's are just a small peyote trip (alongside their own T'paartos-esque figure) away from being Lightforged Elves. As I said, anything to do with Thalassians and the Light should remain definitively related to the BE's.

Deleted
    Blood Elves has the model that is the most alluring in WoW. Wonder if Blizzard could top that. That would make me satisfied atleast. No mix in between everything. Completely new model that is more attractive than the Blood Elf model.