Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I just wish coven could be as "easy" without us forcing 2-3 people every week to log their warlock alts. "Do I really have to log my lock?" Go with normal setup. Wipe. "Yes, log your locks." Faceroll. It's most sad for people who happen to have decently geared warlock alts but want an item on their main from the boss. Because having 2-3 warlocks makes world of a difference.
    Unless the ones being forced to switch are melee, its not really necessary. Any multi dot class can do just as well. The majority of high logs have just the dot classes killing adds or even just one dot class killing the majority of adds to inflate their dps (besides aman'thul adds ofc since they have to die fast)

But yeah, the more dot classes you have, the easier it gets and pushing the dps on boss becomes an easy task.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    A) Don't have the gear for the boss you are attempting or B) Are facing a challenge that is simply beyond your skill level.
    Or more likely and less black & white: C) Your strat needs significant rework and your coordination/leadership is not performing up to par.

Any guild who has killed Mythic KJ can kill Argus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Which top 100 guild do you play in? I always enjoy admiring these exceptional players.
    Pretty sure he mean that his guild finishes the farm raids within 1 night (what we was able to do last week too, also clear for 8 weeks now), not that his guild just having 1 night/week during progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    Pretty sure he mean that his guild finishes the farm raids within 1 night (what we was able to do last week too, also clear for 8 weeks now), not that his guild just having 1 night/week during progress.
    I can read. Guilds who have been 11/11M for 8 weeks are top 100 guilds. Like I said: I'm always on the lookout for new people to admire, so I'm curious.

Which top 100 guild do you play in? I always enjoy admiring these exceptional players.
    And watch as he abandons the thread and never returns...

Mythic Nerfs are easy to predict.

They happen after Elitist Jerks on Mal'ganis-US kill the last boss. That's Ion's guild, he's raiding on his resto shaman.

Seeing they are on Argus now, give it 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

As for an Argus nerf, the nerf is kind of easy.. just increase the safety net between the time you get the rage/fear debuff and the time you start to get stacks. That is the biggest killer in this fight, people gaining extra stacks. If you double it, it makes the fight a LOT easier.

I can read. Guilds who have been 11/11M for 8 weeks are top 100 guilds. Like I said: I'm always on the lookout for new people to admire, so I'm curious.
    Not him, but I absolutely agree with what he said. We've cut back from 4 to 2 days, and have missed out on Argus rekills since we killed it at rank 72 due to hard-limiting the time we spent attempting to rekill to 1 night per week (and having to do all rekills without a holy paladin due to burnout). I'd much rather be guaranteed one night of farm for the rest of the expansion with some light nerfs, than spend a night wiping due to teaching new people P3 after spending 6 minutes getting there, and I'd love it if I didn't have to force all of our DKs to play blood on Aggramar. It'd make farm a lot more enjoyable than what it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Mythic Nerfs are easy to predict.

They happen after Elitist Jerks on Mal'ganis-US kill the last boss. That's Ion's guild, he's raiding on his resto shaman.

Seeing they are on Argus now, give it 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

As for an Argus nerf, the nerf is kind of easy.. just increase the safety net between the time you get the rage/fear debuff and the time you start to get stacks. That is the biggest killer in this fight, people gaining extra stacks. If you double it, it makes the fight a LOT easier.

It's the opposite, btw. They usually nerf the bosses when Ions' guild gets to it, because they need the help to get through. Look at KJ as an example :P.

Please nerf it soon, i can't even dps the bosses down on normal at 960ilevel

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I just wish coven could be as "easy" without us forcing 2-3 people every week to log their warlock alts. "Do I really have to log my lock?" Go with normal setup. Wipe. "Yes, log your locks." Faceroll. It's most sad for people who happen to have decently geared warlock alts but want an item on their main from the boss. Because having 2-3 warlocks makes world of a difference.
    Shouldn't make a difference. Of course I saw that but we have 2 warlocks, 2 balance druids and a shadow priest, so maybe I'm biased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's the opposite, btw. They usually nerf the bosses when Ions' guild gets to it, because they need the help to get through. Look at KJ as an example :P.
    Maybe you're right, I honestly didn't check, I just know it usually is pretty much at the same time.

Curiously we got cross-realm just after they killed Aggramar.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This might be good for a pug person like me sadly who can't find a competent group to kill pk yet...

Either I have to find a better group, find a guild, or wait to see if there are possible nerfs

Last week we had only 18 players and still managed to kill 6 bosses in 2 hours,first 9 bosses are not hard at all.

Deleted
    Tomb in it's week 2 form should have been the end of expansion raid so people might have actually had something to beg for nerfs for that actually made sense.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't make a difference. Of course I saw that but we have 2 warlocks, 2 balance druids and a shadow priest, so maybe I'm biased.
    You have 5 specs which perform very well on a particular boss, some bias is inevitable. It's not some insane theory pulled out of nowhere, ranged is simply better at dealing with torments, has easier time with lightning, can damage multiple adds and bosses without risking anything. About the only reason you'd want some melee is interrupts and even that is not mandatory.

Sure, it's not Aggramar style "don't even try without Blood DK" type of "need", but it's still making the fight easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not him, but I absolutely agree with what he said. We've cut back from 4 to 2 days, and have missed out on Argus rekills since we killed it at rank 72 due to hard-limiting the time we spent attempting to rekill to 1 night per week (and having to do all rekills without a holy paladin due to burnout). I'd much rather be guaranteed one night of farm for the rest of the expansion with some light nerfs, than spend a night wiping due to teaching new people P3 after spending 6 minutes getting there, and I'd love it if I didn't have to force all of our DKs to play blood on Aggramar. It'd make farm a lot more enjoyable than what it is right now.

You're preaching to the choir, I agree with what's been said here, especially with the raid going cross-realm now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Argus devs can DIAF. Close to 600 wipes now.
    Well you're doing something terribly wrong. We were closer to 250 pulls.

And Argus was already nerfed. He's now much easier than previously and the dps race with current gear level isnt hard anymore. Just decent execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

And Argus was already nerfed. He's now much easier than previously and the dps race with current gear level isnt hard anymore. Just decent execution.
    I wouldn't call the rebalancing of the chains a "nerf" as such. It made it more consistent and allowed you to not stack classes, but with the correct setup, we had a way easier time killing argus when we could immune 2x chains on #2+4 and only deal with a single one, than now when we *always* have to deal with 2.

Saying it's "much easier" after is a huge fucking stretch. It's just that now you're always getting "meh" rng on chains, rather than ever striking "terrible" or "great".
    Also, avg item level for my raid hasn't even increased by 5 since we killed it back in january (from 967.3 on kill, to 972 this week). Gears barely making a difference there either.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2018-03-20 at 06:59 PM.

Yes, that would make the fight completely faceroll in comparison. Aggaramar would just be a block if he stayed as is. That would turn Argus from what should be a 100-200 pull boss in current gear to probably a 50-75 pull boss tops.

Great idea

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

Almost every guild had a line-up that meant they got 2 chains all the time anyways (Other than the 1st set, which are irrelevant cause nothing happens for the first 40s of the phase after the scythes), and they a lot of the time got 1 chain, or even none. The change to the fight wasn't really a nerf, if anything a lot of the time it was a buff, but it was a hugely desired quality of life change due to the frustration of the immunity requirements and the feeling when RNG meant those immunities did little.

Prior to the change I had seen kills where the guild got 2 chains over the entire of the fight (Ignoring the 5th ones you just keep alive).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Almost every guild had a line-up that meant they got 2 chains all the time anyways (Other than the 1st set, which are irrelevant cause nothing happens for the first 40s of the phase after the scythes), and they a lot of the time got 1 chain, or even none.
    Eh no? Almost every two Chains we got a 3rd Chain, the times we only had one Chain (or none) are countable at one hand.
    And yes, we killed him before the fix (which was a huge nerf for Guilds that started progressing without knowing the 3-Chain-Pain).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Considering it's supposed to be one of the shortest final tiers ever, 400 kills after several months is not a good pace. There's roughly, what, 40 kills per reset? That will put it slightly above KJ and way below Gul'dan, doesn't seem like a good number. It's especially true seeing how we're done with trinket upgrades, so no more gradual nerfs every week - and that's being quite generous toward trinket's strength. Unless ATV starts dropping like candy, there will be no significant player power increase.

Plus, they didn't even fix combat res in Death Fog, so I'm not sure I trust their judgement.
    Argus - Dec 13 2017 -> March 20 2018 (=97 days) -> 467 kills
    Guldan - Feb 04 2017 -> May 12 2017 (=97 days) -> 562 kills

It's not way below it, it's lower, but it's more than fine.

Can't expect blizzard to constantly carry you towards a boss kill.

-

We haven't seen death fog bugs since they hotfixed it, if you die in fog, so if people die to it, it could potentially be a bug, but most likely bad play.